Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't received my VIN but my Tesla wall connector is being installed right now and my other car is being sold on the 21st. This is the definition of cart before horse. But alas.
I installed a ChargePoint charger last weekend and planning to sell my vehicle in 2 weeks....with a 3 week window remaining for delivery. I'm hoping the timing works out but not counting on it.

We were originally quoted a delivery of March when talking to a Tesla Sales Rep at the dealership. After placing our order its looking more like late April / early March for delivery. We are willing to edit our configuration if that means the vehicle will be delivered sooner... Does anyone know if we change configurations if it will speed up the delivery? or will making changes slow it down?

Reactions: CarlThompson
I dont know if anyone has seen their SA be wrong when they go to pick it up, I havent read that here yet. What I can say, pretty definitively however, is that we have seen Tesla Sales Associates (SAs) be wrong on many other things over the years. It certainly would not be "out of the realm of possibility" for some of them to be wrong here as well.

They are likely getting this specific question "does my car have XXX upgrade" 50+ times a day at this point, and just from this thread, it seems that some SAs have access to more information than others. My guess (again this is just a guess) is that some of them are more "senior" and / or either have more access to, or "know where to look" better than others.

TL ; DR -- havent seen anyone say that they went to pick up a car and what the SA told them about the processor chip was incorrect, have seen SAs been spectacularly wrong about other stuff in the past, though.
As a former SA (Service Advisor not Sales) for an International/Kenworth and Ford service department. I can say with 99% certainty you're correct on the fact that some likely just don't know or care to look. I had fellow Service Advisors that had worked with me for years and still could not locate the simplest of things in our systems. The turn over at Tesla is likely higher than anywhere I have worked for before so I would take anything never take anything they say seriously. Also, I am still trying to see if someone can supply a recent 2022 VIN for me to try locating the part information in their parts catalog.
tesla.png

jj any reports of 2022 Model 3 long range cars getting a Lithium 12 volt battery?

Yeah actually, a few in this thread, and more in the other thread that was setup to track the "which cars have ryzen processor" question. Pretty much everyone with the Ryzen processor so far has had the new Li-Ion battery, at least from what I have seen (from confirmed deliveries).

Reactions: hcdavis3
San Diego here.

MSM/Black/19's No FSD
OD Nov 19.
At the time my EDD was January.
I'm not in a big hurry. I have a leased 2019 due back July '22 in the same config +FSD. My plan is to take delivery next year when hopefully BBB is in effect, then turn in my 2019 early.

I purposefully did not complete my pre-delivery tasks while I did a home re-fi and then arranged financing through my CU. I also started the process of returning my leased '19 (due back in July) early.

My tasks are all done now and I'm waiting for a VIN. The app shows March 2-30 but it has said that for several weeks.

Hey Oakville / West GTA people waiting! I dropped by the Oakville SC today to see if they had any 14-50 adaptors (they don't).
They do have a lot full of M3, MY and MS just waiting to deliver. Saw a nice blue M3LR with white interior, VIN 16x and a White/Black M3 RWD VIN 17x
More were there, but I didn't clock all the VINS.
From my 3' away walk around each car, they all looked FANTASTIC. No obvious gaps or alignment issues.
Congrats to the new owners. Can't wait to get mine, 1 week from tomorrow (pending hold-ups at the US/CA border).

Sold my daily driver (Toyota Tacoma) a couple weeks ago. Installed my Tesla Wall Charger today (and 50' of 6/3 Romex sure ain't cheap!). Hoping these offerings to the gods of Karma will bear fruit sooner or later...

I made the same sacrifices but sharing a vehicle with my wife for the last month makes me wonder if we really need another new car. The $250 deposit is gone but the wall connector will sit there, taunting me.

I made the same sacrifices but sharing a vehicle with my wife for the last month makes me wonder if we really need another new car. The $250 deposit is gone but the wall connector will sit there, taunting me.
Roger that.

After I finished installing the Wall Charger my wife came out to inspect my handiwork.

"Where's the car?" she inquired.

"Probably a month out," I replied.

"Well, you could come out here every day (the far side of a shed, a hundred feet from the house) and ooh and ahh over this," she laughed, nodding at the glistening, virginal piece of white glass.

It might come to that.

And again, now 2/12-2/22.
Call I got a couple weeks ago asking about trade-in said my build was supposedly scheduled for today, so fingers crossed for a VIN real soon. 86 days waiting.
Received my VIN just now! Seems like the car did get built yesterday and today.

Configuration:
OD: 11/16/21
VIN: 173 (2/11/22)
M3LR / MSM / Black / 18"
Los Angeles

I'm new to this forum, after a very unpleasant surprise on Wednesday:
TM3-20220209.png

Any clues what the bleep happened? For the date range to converge and then suddenly be so awful suggests that something is amiss.
I've kept up with everything asked of me, so I'm really starting to wonder what other questions I should be asking.

Reactions: Misslove_143
Roger that.

After I finished installing the Wall Charger my wife came out to inspect my handiwork.

"Well, you could come out here every day (the far side of a shed, a hundred feet from the house) and ooh and ahh over this," she laughed, nodding at the glistening, virginal piece of white glass.

It might come to that.
Your sacrifices now have a physical altar 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Regaj and Canine06
Roger that.

It might come to that.
My wife told her friends “look at his boxes of mods and equipment “ already. 🤦‍♂️😂

Reactions: Regaj
And I'm going to have to figure out how to get this in the footer of my message (putting it in my profile didn't seem to do it):
M3LR AWD white/black, 18" aero, no FSD (Scottsdale, AZ)
OD: 12/6/21, 1st EDD 1/7-2/4 (2022), EDD@1/9: 1/24-2/21, @1/24: 1/30-2/21, @1/30: 2/4-2/18, @2/4: 2/8-2/18, @2/6: 2/8-2/19, @2/9: 3/11-3/31

Reactions: Misslove_143
My wife told her friends “look at his boxes of mods and equipment “ already. 🤦‍♂️😂
Pretty sure you could make a life-sized cutout of a model 3 with all the boxes 😁

And I'm going to have to figure out how to get this in the footer of my message (putting it in my profile didn't seem to do it):
M3LR AWD white/black, 18" aero, no FSD (Scottsdale, AZ)
OD: 12/6/21, 1st EDD 1/7-2/4 (2022), EDD@1/9: 1/24-2/21, @1/24: 1/30-2/21, @1/30: 2/4-2/18, @2/4: 2/8-2/18, @2/6: 2/8-2/19, @2/9: 3/11-3/31
IIRC signature unlocks after you make ~7 comments in the forum

Reactions: Regaj