Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my car today, it is a bittersweet moment to say that I am officially graduating today :)

I picked it up at Tesla Brooklyn, and it was a ghost town in there. I was pretty much the only customer there. Everything went smoothly, and it was far from a touchless experience (which I didn't mind). The Tesla advisor took me to the 2nd level parking lot where my car was parked, walked over the car with me, and showed me how to use the UI. I asked him if it's been busy over the last few days, and he mentioned that they've only been doing around 3-4 deliveries a day since the start of the 2nd quarter, but it will ramp up within the next few weeks, and will top out at their usual 50 deliveries per day as the quarter ends.

In terms of the car itself, it is AMAZING!!! Well worth the wait! I know many of you have EDD's pushed back, but don't give up hope! My order to delivery timeframe was 91 days. Car is almost perfect, even the door jambs are fully painted; no panel gaps with the exception of the right trunk hinge, seems ever so slightly off, but not enough for me to complain about it. And yes, my car did come with the mobile charging kit.

I just purchased Accelertation Boost, but haven't gone out to the car to test it out as it's late now; I'm sure I will have a helluva weekend with the AB ;) I will report back with my opinion on it. PRO TIP: Avoid paying tax on the AB by changing your billing address to a tax free address. I changed my billing address to a family member's CA address. In NY, I would've been charged an extra $175 for taxes.

VIN 229xxx

White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD with VIN: April 18 - April 24
4/11/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 19 4PM pickup!
4/15/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 22 4PM pickup
4/22/22 picked up!
Amazing how less than a week difference in our ODs results in a 2 month difference.
If trucks are delivering cars to the Tesla store in Vancouver, does this mean vehicles will come to Alberta soon? Or is it a different supply chain?
I'd say ask the Tesla store in Edmonton. Even better if you have the contact info of someone who works there, as opposed to some random SA.

Last edited:
Do you guys think those that ordered pre-price hike are being deprioritized? I ordered 11/26 and had my third EDD shift to May 9 - May 23.
Nope -- Musk has indicated price hikes aren't coming soon, as they have priced in future prices for now. And people who ordered after price hike will probably get it after 6-12 months Elon Musk says he thinks inflation is worse than reported and likely to continue through 2022
1650752811083.png

Reactions: Mr. Nuke
Do you guys think those that ordered pre-price hike are being deprioritized? I ordered 11/26 and had my third EDD shift to May 9 - May 23.
I don't follow the logic on why that would even be a consideration. Like Musk said on the earnings call, the current list price for the car is essentially based on anticipated supplier costs going forward. Sure they could theoretically short-term prioritize higher purchase price cars and recognize greater profit margins. The problem with that is mid-longer term if Tesla's cost to produce a vehicle stay the same and or increase, going back to produce earlier orders locked in at a lower purchase price combined with current/increased production costs end up with much lower margins. You are better off trying to anticipate your production costs to attempt to maintain a stable profit margin and producing the cars in order of purchase.

That wouldn’t make much sense from a business perspective. If anything you’d want to flush those out of the order queue before the Raw Material price increases start to hit. If you hold them for later you would be booking sales with a much lower margin.

Wow, very interesting. As someone who also ordered FSD and a premium color option and is in CA, I’m wondering if they’re prioritizing your order a bit. Can I ask, where about are you in CA? North/South?
Bay Area. If I actually get a VIN it would match the initial estimate of "April - May" when I reserved it. I'm trying not to be too optimistic though as it seems common that people get a shorter window only to be pushed back again.

Took delivery of this beauty today!!!

123 days later and I can say it was totally worth the wait!

I would also like to confirm one thing for everyone… my car did come with the Mobile Connector Set! I heard a rumor awhile back that they would not include it with any cars delivered after 4/15, so either that is FALSE or I am just really damn lucky. Just wanted to throw that out there for those of you who are concerned!

83D42DE9-69D6-411E-A1C8-45806F948FD2.jpeg

For those who are trading in or selling a used vehicle like I am, I am wondering if any of you were as surprised by the Carvana /CarMax offers as I am. My 7-year-old Acura RLX with 80,000 miles on it has gone UP in value each of the last 3 months, and is now sitting at $18k. Is the entire used car market as nuts as this? Right now, this is the only positive I can see in a longer wait for my Tesla. If they delay delivery for a full year, maybe I can trade even...

For those who are trading in or selling a used vehicle like I am, I am wondering if any of you were as surprised by the Carvana /CarMax offers as I am. My 7-year-old Acura RLX with 80,000 miles on it has gone UP in value each of the last 3 months, and is now sitting at $18k. Is the entire used car market as nuts as this? Right now, this is the only positive I can see in a longer wait for my Tesla. If they delay delivery for a full year, maybe I can trade even...

I just sold my 3 year old Kia PHEV to carvana a week ago, but I have been checking prices for a couple months. Price is higher than what I got the car for (taking into account for fed ev rebate) but the price has been steadily going down for the last few weeks (based on the same mileage, so odo is not a factor). I also heard that used car prices are starting to normalize a little, albeit still much higher than what it used to be.

So imo you may be taking a risk to wait to sell the car, but then again may not have a choice if you are left with no transportation if you sell it.

Reactions: Spridle
Took delivery of this beauty today!!!

123 days later and I can say it was totally worth the wait!

I would also like to confirm one thing for everyone… my car did come with the Mobile Connector Set! I heard a rumor awhile back that they would not include it with any cars delivered after 4/15, so either that is FALSE or I am just really damn lucky. Just wanted to throw that out there for those of you who are concerned!

View attachment 796892
Looks so good. Can’t wait till I get mine someday.

Reactions: jsling325