Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the center console organizer too. What are "Jack pucks??"
They come as a set of 4 rubber pucks that protect the battery/ car while raising it with a car jack when you are changing a tire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-223818_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-223818_Chrome.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
Jumped the shark and updated our 01/08 RWD order to LR today. ERDD went to the null value of August - November 2022. Didn’t have much of a choice as our HOA canceled our car share with no notice and interest rates are creeping up. RWD orders from August 2021 are still waiting and there hasn’t been a VIN reported in well over a week.

Eager to see how this plays out and glad to enjoy more range and a batter sound system.

Does the LR come with mats in the trunk and frunk?

Also we bought Tesla carpet mats but. Je don’t need them. What’s the best way to unload them?

Is there more to the southeast story than "charge ports"? It doesn't seem possible how people with confirmed VINs could be going on 2-3 weeks without an accurate delivery date, given that we know the part is being installed in new cars and people in the same region are receiving deliveries despite later VIN reception dates.

Just seems really weird - there hasn't been ANYTHING approximating an update, let alone a transparent one, in over a full week.

Reactions: Teleezen
Is there more to the southeast story than "charge ports"? It doesn't seem possible how people with confirmed VINs could be going on 2-3 weeks without an accurate delivery date, given that we know the part is being installed in new cars and people in the same region are receiving deliveries despite later VIN reception dates.

Just seems really weird - there hasn't been ANYTHING approximating an update, let alone a transparent one, in over a full week.
The 18" Aero is also on backorder so maybe its a Michelin supply chain situation. Probably why other tires are being offered instead of Michelin. The 18s are not available in the Tesla shop as listed as Michelin. If I ordered my same car today it shows Oct 22-Jan 23. So that's a 90 day timeline between Oct and January. [Mine will be exactly 94 days from OD to pick up]
It takes approximately 3-5 days to complete the assembly process of one car, so it's apparent the car if ordered today would not be built until mid December to be ready in January. So that's 7 months to December of filling current orders and hoping supply chain is able to fulfill orders.

• Informative
Reactions: windjammer99
I never would’ve known of these nifty little devices. Just added to my shopping cart. Thanks for sharing!
If you dare and want to find more accessories check out these guys on YouTube and see their accessories video must haves.

Tesbros
Evan Michiels
Everyday Chris
Myong Hong

Some of these guys have referral discount codes to 3rd party vendors and the vendor also offer free shipping. So check them out if you want to drop more $$$. Some of the stuff on Amazon isn't the highest quality, so make sure they offer returns and it falls within the timeline when your car will be ready. Amazon does have a timelimit on returns.

Imagine that you only have enough ECUs to keep your assembly line moving. Do you keep building cars without ECUs and update them in the field, or do you build complete cars and keep the ones in the field sitting around until you have enough ECUs to cover them as well? I'd choose to build complete cars because I'd be stuck in a never-ending cycle of incomplete cars that need to be updated in the field, which is costly.

From what I've heard, some cars that were delivered incomplete have had their ECUs installed. Isn't that correct?
It takes approximately 3-5 days to complete the assembly process of one car
I'm not sure what process this is supposed to cover, but in the 80s it took 40 hours to "manufacture a car". VW and Toyota take longer than 20, and apparently Tesla is down around 10 hours with the gigacasting approach. These are the numbers quotes all over the web in various sources. It may be that it takes 3-5 days if painting is included because that is a multi-coat process with drying required. I'm guessing that the actual assembly of components into the painted shell is the 10-20 hour number.
hoping supply chain is able to fulfill orders
Hoping that the supply chain is restored to some semblance of normalcy...

Reactions: jpaychek
I bought my floor mats from Tesla. Was just wondering if anyone would know is it bad to keep them rolled up in the box until the car comes in? Or should I unbox and unroll them. Assuming my car needs at least another month or 2
The floor mats you should unbox a couple days before you get the car. If you ordered a trunk mat it’s rolled up in the box and takes a few days to lay flat when unboxed, and you will need to use something for weights on the edges to hold it down.

I was told the target date was 5/23 for the charge port for mine in Ft. Lauderdale.

Reactions: jpaychek
So got a nice curve ball today.. So today is day 60 and the financing expired which I knew was happening. Financed through Tesla - I simply re-applied and got an instant offer same as before. The rate went up slightly +0.21% but the down payment is now 4x what it was. Previously the down payment included taxes and registration fees. Make sure you double check if you're financing through Tesla. I'm personally pretty upset about this and I'm not sure what I can do about it either. Texted my SA, I think that I already know the answer - the banks have nothing to do with Tesla. I can pay the new down payment, but man that just seems crazy.

FWIW, Credit score is the same, nothing changed but the Fed changing rates. I have outstanding credit... over 850.

So got a nice curve ball today.. So today is day 60 and the financing expired which I knew was happening. Financed through Tesla - I simply re-applied and got an instant offer same as before. The rate went up slightly +0.21% but the down payment is now 4x what it was. Previously the down payment included taxes and registration fees. Make sure you double check if you're financing through Tesla. I'm personally pretty upset about this and I'm not sure what I can do about it either. Texted my SA, I think that I already know the answer - the banks have nothing to do with Tesla. I can pay the new down payment, but man that just seems crazy.

FWIW, Credit score is the same, nothing changed but the Fed changing rates. I have outstanding credit... over 850.
That's the first I've seen of a large increase in the down payment. Four times makes no sense. Have you considered other lenders? Also, it's usually best to move your order to Cash once your financing expires and then have your SA change it once you receive your VIN.

Got a new EDD this morning of Jun 21 - July 19; from Jun 10 - July 15. I Wish I could remember my original EDD, which I think was May 2022, when I ordered on March 15. I was hoping for an early June delivery, but that hope has faded.
On the brighter side, it looks like your window shrunk. The smaller it gets, perhaps the better since a VIN is around the corner.

Last update I had was last week saying they expect parts arriving the 27-28 and to expect delivery the week after that. All in all it’ll be about 1 month of the car waiting at the SC for a charge port….the longest month out of the 5 I waited for this car.

Reactions: Teleezen
That's the first I've seen of a large increase in the down payment. Four times makes no sense. Have you considered other lenders? Also, it's usually best to move your order to Cash once your financing expires and then have your SA change it once you receive your VIN.
Definitely considering other vendors(loans) at this point... I don't recall having to change the down payment during the re-applying either.. Now all I have is a big green button saying I accept and that's it. I wish the VIN would hurry up and be assigned - but I know we all feel this pain.