Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 now listed as eligible for $2500 rebate in MOR-EV program (Mass.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know how Mass funds the MOR-EV program? If I checked the available funding, it seems like every time the remaining funds get low they just allocate more money. It looks like they just allocated a big chunk with $3.5 MM currently available.
Is there any chance they would stop funding it?
The other nice thing about the MOR-EV program is you can even claim it for a lease. (I'm still hoping Tesla will offer some kind of reasonable leasing by the time it becomes available on the east coast)

Does anybody know how Mass funds the MOR-EV program? If I checked the available funding, it seems like every time the remaining funds get low they just allocate more money. It looks like they just allocated a big chunk with $3.5 MM currently available.
Is there any chance they would stop funding it?
The other nice thing about the MOR-EV program is you can even claim it for a lease. (I'm still hoping Tesla will offer some kind of reasonable leasing by the time it becomes available on the east coast)

Typically, they just authorize additional funding. So far, the Baker administration has been pretty supportive of funding the program (and supporting pro-EV legislation in general), so my guess would be that they would replenish the fund when it runs out in the coming months...

The funding itself comes from the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources. Press release from the last injection (December 2016) is here.

Last edited:
Here is my MOR EV timeline so far:

9/28 - took delivery.
9/29 - filled the form on the web, got request for supporting documents (signed form, registration, purchase agreement, driver's license).
10/1 - sent supporting documents.
10/5 - got confirmation that the documents were received, they are supposed to be reviewed within 20 days.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9

9/28 - took delivery.
9/29 - filled the form on the web, got request for supporting documents (signed form, registration, purchase agreement, driver's license).
10/5 - got confirmation that the documents were received, they are supposed to be reviewed within 20 days.

I took delivery on 8/21, filed the same day, and received notice of approval on 8/31. Called just now because I haven't seen a check yet. They told me checks are mailed out 75 days after approval, which for me would be mid-November I guess.

I expect the processing may be slowing down these days, due to the volumes of Model 3s coming through.

The statistics page on the MOR-EV site has an impressive amount of information - map of rebates by zip code, for example. Personally I'm liking the look of this graph - wonder what's behind that big spike in September? :)

upload_2018-10-25_16-48-0.png

9/28 - took delivery.

Update:

10/30 - application approved, check will be sent within 75 days.