Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to extend a big "Mahalo Nui Loa" to all those that helped put the spreadsheet together. Received my invite today (1/17/2018), and updated my info (deferring for white interior).
Thank you, Polly Wog for the confirmation on here. Makes our job a lot easier.
Now we have to find a bigger map to include Hawaii.
Just curious, will Tesla deliver there directly? Last time we sent a car to our place on the big island, had to send an entire container.
CJ

Just curious, will Tesla deliver there directly? Last time we sent a car to our place on the big island, had to send an entire container.
CJ

@chojn1, Tesla will ship it to me on Maui, for no more than anybody else on the mainland pays (same delivery charge). However, I expect that I won't have the same delivery experience as others. When I got my Model S, I personally had to pick it up at the port in Kahului. Nobody else was there - key fob was in the car on the container platform. I even had to pick up the restraints that held it on the container and take them with me :). We'll see if my Model 3 delivery is any different.

The spate of new invites this morning to non-CA owners is extremely good news for me. It means that Tesla is serious about ramping production for the model 3 and it means as a CA non-owner that my delivery time is drawing nigh, maybe February (my estimator currently says Jan/Mar)! It took a month to clear out MOST of the CA owners. I hope they can clear out non-CA owners in a month.

Now DW and I have to negotiate............will our first model 3 be white or red and have a black or white interior. Our second one will be white interior, AWD, and SAS and 'P' when available. Roll the dice, take your chances.
Hmm...not sure about that I'm an owner in Ca. mine showing Dec-Feb and hoping to get invite by April??:(

When you get the invite to configure and you pay the $2500 how long do you have to pick color and wheels- 10 days? 20 days? etc
Anyone know?
Current owner MX and MS resereved 3 Oct 17 delivery window Jan- Feb California I think they have to be 45 to 90 days behind I prefer summer delivery

When you get the invite to configure and you pay the $2500 how long do you have to pick color and wheels- 10 days? 20 days? etc
Anyone know?
Current owner MX and MS resereved 3 Oct 17 delivery window Jan- Feb California I think they have to be 45 to 90 days behind I prefer summer delivery

There is no uncertainty period such as with the S & X. Don't configure until you're sure.

It's my daughters car she is sure what she wants we are just trying to play with timing as we will be out of the country of 6 weeks. I am just curious on the invitation to configure how long you have?

Once you get the invite, you can configure any time, there's no time limit. Once you confirm your configuration and make your $2500 payment, any changes will cost you $500 per the MVPA. They might waive this, but I wouldn't count on it.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Something I'm not understanding about the spreadsheet:

In the overview, it shows that only 30 of the 507 CA owners have not yet been invited to configure (it may actually be fewer if some or all of those 30 have simply not updated the spreadsheet since being invited). This means that at least 94% of the CA owners who filled out the spreadsheet have been invited. However... in the estimates section, it predicts that only about 56% of CA owners have been invited. Huh?

Something I'm not understanding about the spreadsheet:

In the overview, it shows that only 30 of the 507 CA owners have not yet been invited to configure (it may actually be fewer if some or all of those 30 have simply not updated the spreadsheet since being invited). This means that at least 94% of the CA owners who filled out the spreadsheet have been invited. However... in the estimates section, it predicts that only about 56% of CA owners have been invited. Huh?

Hi Sreams,
One of the weakness of this study is it is based on non-random voluntary self reporting. As such, we have a significant selection bias. The percentage of owners with invites, for example, are more likely to report to the spreadsheet than owners without invites or non-owners without invites. So you cannot directly compare the numbers of invites versus the number of non-invites and get an accurate proportion. We compensate for this weakness by calculating the sample rate from our previous total number estimates for each group. Then we can extrapolate the appropriate proportions for comparison.

Note that our estimates are constantly changing. As we get more data (larger sample rate), our estimates become more accurate or closer to the actual numbers. The spreadsheet will automatically update to reflect that.

CJ

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12
CJ
Yes they ship into the Kohala port. Mine was delivered in the parking lot of the bar there. Comes by barge on a pallet and someone flies in to deliver it. If you want to ship to/ from to the mainland, use Matson andCoastal if you can’t pick up at port. Shipped my S 5000 miles. It arrived in perfect condition.

• Informative
Reactions: Colasec
Yes they ship into the Kohala port. Mine was delivered in the parking lot of the bar there. Comes by barge on a pallet and someone flies in to deliver it. If you want to ship to/ from to the mainland, use Matson andCoastal if you can’t pick up at port. Shipped my S 5000 miles. It arrived in perfect condition.

as a person living on a continent, this just sounds insane amount of overhead. i guess folks living on the islands are used to it but still.

I'm logged into Gmail and I still can't edit the document for some reason? Trying to update my line to show the invite date.

Make sure you are at the right spreadsheet, If you are using the link to the old spreadsheet, you will not be able to access it. This is the link to the new spreadsheet:

Model 3 Invites

You do not have to log in at all. Your entry from Jan 9th is still there.
Thanks for sharing.
CJ

I know this is a little late but the 3 I ordered for my son was delivered on 6 December. I ordered it as an employee on the first day it became available. VIN 679

We are trying to discourage people from entering other people's info - makes for incomplete or inaccurate entries. If you want to share, it will literally take less than a minute to enter your data. And we do appreciate your entry. I have to warn you though, if you are like me, you may get stuck there for hours playing with the data.

Model 3 Invites spreadsheet