Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chojn1, thanks again for maintaining this. So I have a question. I know how to set up the temp filter first but how do you get it to sort by date? I'd like to see it chronologically but can't see how to do that unless I'm missing something.

Chojn1, thanks again for maintaining this. So I have a question. I know how to set up the temp filter first but how do you get it to sort by date? I'd like to see it chronologically but can't see how to do that unless I'm missing something.

This is a just fun project for me. Troy should take most of the credit though. He is a genius with that google sheet.

Anyway, after you set up the filter, there should be an upside down triangular symbol next to each column label. Click that symbol next to the date you want to sort, it should then give you a menu option of "Sort A-Z". Click that and you're good to go.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: SMAlset
It looks as though the percentage of invitees choosing to defer is climbing (~40% of the past week's invitees have deferred). This makes sense given we are creeping closer to the release of some desired additional features. I still can't convince myself that Elon will complicate the ramp toward 5,000/wk by introducing additional optionality into the configurator anytime soon. If he does so, that is a MASSIVE tip of his hat to Owners. It seems more likely (to me) that he will instead continue to fulfill the demand for the existing offerings (by beginning to deliver to non-owners soon), so that he can prove out the ramp toward 5,000 (not to mention 10,000) simultaneously. And then later accept reduced production rates as a price for Tesla to pay to have more optionality in the configurator (by then, no one will be measuring weekly production rates any longer...buzz will be about Model Y and Semi). If he does NOT do the above, and instead elects to introduce optionality in the configurator sooner, I (for one) will conclude that he's doing so to mask challenges with the production ramp under the current set of variables ("oh hey yeah we COULD have gotten to 5k but our customers really wanted white seats and dual motor and SR and and and, and those things of course slow down our weekly production. Have you seen our flamethrower yet?").

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12 and RTPEV
Yes, non-owners are next. But not until late February invites/March delivery. We still have a little ways to go on the owners. Unless, Tesla decides to start with non-owners before finishing with the owners, which I highly doubt.

export.jpg

Yes, non-owners are next. But not until late February invites/March delivery. We still have a little ways to go on the owners. Unless, Tesla decides to start with non-owners before finishing with the owners, which I highly doubt.

View attachment 276536

I was told by a customer service rep that the do not completely finish a group before moving to the next. He stated that they started owner invites while employee invites were still ongoing. Not sure how accurate it is but thought I would share.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
I was told by a customer service rep that the do not completely finish a group before moving to the next. He stated that they started owner invites while employee invites were still ongoing. Not sure how accurate it is but thought I would share.

Yes, that is also what we have observed from the data. We made that same comment last month (see cell OP13 of the overview tab of the spreadsheet).

They may still do the same with the non-owner groups, but that is a direct contradiction to their stated intention and not what we are observing right now with the current invites.

• Informative
Reactions: NJGA3 and navguy12
Is it possible that they might add more options right between owners and non-owners, which would allow the thousands of people who deferred, to then configure their cars?

Good for them, but bad for non-owners.

Most likely there will be "first production" sales for non-owners parallel to owners receiving All-wheel drive / Standard battery rather soon.

Non-owner here with an in-store 2016-03-31 reservation.

No, you don't have to remind me that two SolarCity PV installations and PowerWalls don't count. (Even if I slightly passive aggressively drop that information on my own.)

A good bit of my daily routine can now be replaced by a program that executes the following sequence of events:
  • Notices new e-mail notification
  • Checks, hoping it is an invitation to configure
  • Checks other folders, just in case
  • Logs into Tesla account - just in case - and checks delivery estimate
  • Still sees Dec 2017-Feb 2018 for first production
  • Returns to waiting mode
Having friends who allowed me to test drive theirs last weekend makes me grateful, but also reinforces the aforementioned almost Pavlovian response to new e-mail.

Back to waiting...

For fun, I looked at the reservations from the spreadsheet that weren't missing In Store vs Online or Owner vs Non-owner. Of course, people not updating the sheet when they get an invitation to configure will falsely leave some reservations in the "Remaining" category. I'll update this every week and we can see how the non-owner reservations get invited (In Store vs Online).

2018_1_28.png

Total Invited Remaining Percent
Owner, In Store 267 249 18 0.932584
Owner, Online 270 210 60 0.777778
Non-owner, In Store 330 0 330 0
Non-owner, Online 327 1 326 0.0030581

For fun, I looked at the reservations from the spreadsheet that weren't missing In Store vs Online or Owner vs Non-owner. Of course, people not updating the sheet when they get an invitation to configure will falsely leave some reservations in the "Remaining" category. I'll update this every week and we can see how the non-owner reservations get invited (In Store vs Online).

View attachment 276696
Total Invited Remaining Percent
Owner, In Store 267 249 18 0.932584
Owner, Online 270 210 60 0.777778
Non-owner, In Store 330 0 330 0
Non-owner, Online 327 1 326 0.0030581

Be careful interpreting that graph. If you look at the raw reported number than the size of the non-owner is only slightly more than that of the owners. The problem is the owners are more likely to report to the spreadsheet than the non-owners. We know that the non-owner group is over ten times the size of the owner group from Tesla reports. Similarly, the invited owners are much more likely to report to the spreadsheet than the remaining owners. So while the graph seems to indicate that they are almost finished with the owners the reality is that they may only be a third of the way through.

You can compare between online and in store within groups though as presumably your sample rate should be the same.

Non-owner here with an in-store 2016-03-31 reservation.

A good bit of my daily routine can now be replaced by a program that executes the following sequence of events:
  • Notices new e-mail notification
  • Checks, hoping it is an invitation to configure
  • Checks other folders, just in case
  • Logs into Tesla account - just in case - and checks delivery estimate
  • Still sees Dec 2017-Feb 2018 for first production
  • Returns to waiting mode
Back to waiting...

Someone needs to tell Elon that February is only 28 days long so some people with Feb delivery estimates might need to be pushed back. I was #3 in Kansas City and still have a Feb delivery date.

Be careful interpreting that graph. If you look at the raw reported number than the size of the non-owner is only slightly more than that of the owners. The problem is the owners are more likely to report to the spreadsheet than the non-owners. We know that the non-owner group is over ten times the size of the owner group from Tesla reports.

This I totally agree with. Current owners are far more likely to be members of this forum or to even be aware of its existence.

Similarly, the invited owners are much more likely to report to the spreadsheet than the remaining owners.

This... I wouldn't be so sure. I'd say the people most interested in this spreadsheet and its data are those who are waiting to be invited. They want to get an idea of when the invite might come.

The January 24th batch of invites came only one week after the January 17th batch. Thats the first time that a large batch has gone out only one week after the previous batch. Tomorrow (1-31) will be a week later, so will be interesting to see if the "one week between batches" is the new norm, which could possibly be related to increased production.

My guess is that Tesla sticks with only delivering the current PUP + big battery configuration for at least the next several weeks. Remember, they are focused on maximizing income. Starting to muck with the production line to start adding white interiors or the smaller battery slows things down, and the smaller battery gets them less $$$.

So non-owner invites will happen before owner invites who want white interior or smaller battery. My prediction, and I think that will be the case through at least all of February. With California non-owners having priority over out of California non-owners due to getting them their cars faster and booking the $$$ in February. Non-owners outside California may start configuring at the end of February for end of March delivery, allowing Tesla to get those cars to the East coast in time for end of Q1 delivery.

RT

Just wanted to pass along some information. I spoke to a previous owner from California who put their deposit down for the 3 in August and were asked to configure today, and told to expect their car in 4 weeks.

Us and one other TMC person in August is on the spreadsheet and so far isn't either of us, but I did send out an alert to my husband to keep checking his MyTelsa frequently now. Can I say I'm still waivering on LR now or AWD LR.

So I can't edit the spreadsheet again...Has there been a newer version created since last week?

Hi @Qbenjamin,

We are continuously updating the spreadsheet. Today's revision involves the installation of Google forms. This will cause you to log in to your google account once if you want to edit your entry. You will remain anonymous except for your username just as before. You can still sort and filter the data set as before.

The new form will give each user the ability to edit only their entry and prevent any one else from altering your data. Sorry if this is a little more inconvenient than the previous method. But, we think this is a good security feature to preserve the integrity of the data set. We were spending too much time blocking trolls from altering other people's data. It was too easy to do with the old method.

Let me know the specific problem you are having with the spreadsheet. Maybe I can help troubleshoot.

CJ