Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called up the delivery center, was curious because I've had a VIN a day after my order (1/22) but no texts. They stated that the car is scheduled to be transported from Fremont to Las Vegas tomorrow, undergo inspection, then delivered via 3rd party carrier. They said worst case scenario we're looking at around 3 weeks.
UPDATE. I’ve received no text ever. Got a call just now saying my car will be here tomorrow! Ordered 1/22. Custom ordered White LR AWD with black interior and aero wheels. Original ETA was 6-9 weeks.

UPDATE. I’ve received no text ever. Got a call just now saying my car will be here tomorrow! Ordered 1/22. Custom ordered White LR AWD with black interior and aero wheels. Original ETA was 6-9 weeks.

It just boggles my mind how some deliveries are way under the ETA and others are way over. I'm starting to wonder if there's a penalty for ordering through a sales agent rather than on your own.

Reactions: en_passant
It just boggles my mind how some deliveries are way under the ETA and others are way over. I'm starting to wonder if there's a penalty for ordering through a sales agent rather than on your own.

I ordered on my own online... And I was thinking I should have ordered with a Tesla Agent :confused:... I think the company that's figured out how to make self driving cars should spend a little more time on improving their delivery projections and process...

I originally wanted a red but I ordered a Silver with dark interior in the last week of January.(AWD) I was sure the silver was more common and I would get it faster. Last saturday I was browsing on the local Testla stock before going to bed and noticed that they just received a AWD Red with white interior. I called and I got it.

I was scared of not getting it before April 1st because the provincial government lowered the maximum price for the car to be eligible for the rebate. After that date only the LR+ will be able to get the rebate.

I will be honest the LR+ is more than fine and I would have been happy with it but deep down inside I wanted an AWD.

Reactions: SmartElectric

I think they are still using projections from Q4. I seen more January config and delivery this month. So I am assuming, less tesla orders are being made in Q1 2020.

Hopefully I get my M3P early March, instead of End of Q1.

• Helpful
Reactions: Imaginathan
I ordered on my own online... And I was thinking I should have ordered with a Tesla Agent :confused:... I think the company that's figured out how to make self driving cars should spend a little more time on improving their delivery projections and process...

I ordered my M3P with a Tesla agent, and I do not see a difference between ordering it yourself via the forums.
It is cool though my Tesla agent had my test drive and we actually conversated outside Tesla talk. So now if I have any questions she willing to help me with anything and gives me updates from the company itself.

My ETA is 4-7 weeks online, but she advised me late March.

I'll take the SA word over online.

I ordered my M3P with a Tesla agent, and I do not see a difference between ordering it yourself via the forums.
It is cool though my Tesla agent had my test drive and we actually conversated outside Tesla talk. So now if I have any questions she willing to help me with anything and gives me updates from the company itself.

My ETA is 4-7 weeks online, but she advised me late March.

I'll take the SA word over online.
Doesn't the agent just use the website to help people order, so yeah, I dont see any difference between ordering yourself online or agent helping you order online.

Tesla batches up production runs. So if they run a batch of white dual motors and that's what you ordered, you may get yours before a guy who ordered a black SR+ a week earlier.

Doesn't the agent just use the website to help people order, so yeah, I dont see any difference between ordering yourself online or agent helping you order online.
Yes.