Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could use advice please. I ordered on day 1 and have a Vin in Los Angeles. But my current car has lifetime supercharging and I was betting that Tesla would offer transfer again this quarter, which they haven't. I can't live without the perk. Any suggestions?
How long do you want to drive an old car because you have free gas? What car do you have now and how often do you supercharge?

Was half a joke half serious, assumed this wasn't possible in general.

I said it that way because that used to be a thing, and I want to be clear that its not a discussion that is going to happen, since this not the first time someone tried to bring it up in this thread.

I could use advice please. I ordered on day 1 and have a Vin in Los Angeles. But my current car has lifetime supercharging and I was betting that Tesla would offer transfer again this quarter, which they haven't. I can't live without the perk. Any suggestions?
If you truly can’t live without it, then you have one option: cancel order, keep current car.
If they offer the transfer again, place an order quick! 😀

Est. Delivery was:
May 17th-May 31st
Got a two day push to June 2nd.
Just now it took a huge jump to July 2nd - August 6th 🤦‍♂️
Wow, sorry to hear that… Hopefully the current EDDs mean nothing. I’m thinking it might just be the automated system conflating the hold on VINs with a delay in production.

I find a full month delay in EDD to be very hard to believe seeing as production is clearly moving along.

I’d wager this is our final piece of the puzzle as to why the real reviews are weirdly absent. Hopefully they will be edited and published by Friday.
I think it’s definitely the biggest variable hurdle to clear for allowing deliveries. However it seems now maybe it really is down to a firmware update that they’re gonna take 3-4 days to complete. Wonder how much faster it would have been, had Elon not fired so many people to cut costs, all while demanding reinstatement of the highest compensation package (or one of them) ever, and also demanding 25% voting or he’s gonna pack up his marbles and go home. Im positive He wouldn’t tolerate that tantrum from any employee!

I am comparing all highland/refresh so the aero on 2024 LR (slipperier) and aero of 2024 P (more spoiler drags). but putting the M3LR on optional 19" wheels for 305 epa...... what happens with a M3p on forged 18" hummmmm. (if they fit)
I could be wrong but I seem to recall that Tsportline made 18” that fit the old M3P, I don’t think the new calipers are bigger but just have upgraded to the track package pads

if the delays are due to firmware are they manually installing at the delivery location? and if so theoretically could they get this done sooner than later and offer early pickup?

i wonder if they’d like some free dodger tickets in exchanging of updating my car first 🤔
I hear updating is so technical with these cars they send elon out personally to run these updates 1 car at a time