Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I feel like it’d be a shame if it wasn’t noticeably faster from my ‘21 m3p, just based on feel. If you’re coming from an existing m3p you’d feel it right away without any of the “perfect conditions and time to the tenths tracking” imo. Why do all the new badging?

Personally I feel like it’d be a shame if it wasn’t noticeably faster from my ‘21 m3p, just based on feel. If you’re coming from an existing m3p you’d feel it right away without any of the “perfect conditions and time to the tenths tracking” imo. Why do all the new badging?
It's the same battery so the "peak" power will be the same. The main differences will come with how it's deployed. It's a update, not a new car.

It launches harder and likely hangs longer before falling off.

Reactions: SmooveSailing
77% SOC with passenger:

0-60: 3.1
0-100: 7.0
0-120: 10.4
0-130: 12.7
60-130: 9.6

Don’t know 1/4 mile yet, but based on a video just posted this is what I came up with. The 1/4 mile is likely mid 10s @ low 120s with high SOC and driver only.

I went from 3.23 0-60 mph to 3.01 0-60 mph with weight reductions in my car. I could tell the difference but really that significant in the way it felt. However, the difference between a hot and cold battery feels much different at higher speeds. That is where it is most noticeable.

Reactions: SmooveSailing
Im speculating here. ‘23 M3P does 11.4 @ 117. 10.5 @ 125 may be a really close guess.
Man I sure hope you are correct
I’m thinking sub 3 seconds 0-60 and sub 11 second 1/4 mile, I’d be happy with that! But if we’re taking bets I’ll say 0-60 @ 2.9 seconds without rollout and 10.8 second 1/4 mile @ 123 mph is my guess based on the little data we’ve seen.

Last edited:
1716380796424.png

Made a quick and dirty spreadsheet from the 0-140 video. I've attached the Excel sheet if anyone wants to check me or play with the math. Not sure how to post it to Google Sheets without exposing my account but feel free to if you like.

I got 11.41 @ 123.76 but I think that's absolute worst case without rollout (you can't do no rollout on a dragstrip). So take .2 off for rolling out of the beams and you're already at 11.2. Plus, my calculation assumes linear acceleration between 120 and 130 and we know that's not true (123 is closer to 120 and acceleration will taper more toward the 130 end). Finally, anyone who has been to the dragstrip knows 123 MPH is a bit high for 11.2 to 11.4. Sounds more like a 10.8 to 11.0 run max.

Anyway, just something to distract me while I wait I guess. :D

Attachments

• 2024M3P.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: lee82 and JezzaE

More delivery info:

if the delays are due to firmware are they manually installing at the delivery location? and if so theoretically could they get this done sooner than later and offer early pickup?

i wonder if they’d like some free dodger tickets in exchanging of updating my car first đŸ€”
When I had my 18' 3 computer upgraded they manually had to plug into the computer to add the firmware

Reactions: jiren
View attachment 1049517

Made a quick and dirty spreadsheet from the 0-140 video. I've attached the Excel sheet if anyone wants to check me or play with the math. Not sure how to post it to Google Sheets without exposing my account but feel free to if you like.

I got 11.41 @ 123.76 but I think that's absolute worst case without rollout (you can't do no rollout on a dragstrip). So take .2 off for rolling out of the beams and you're already at 11.2. Plus, my calculation assumes linear acceleration between 120 and 130 and we know that's not true (123 is closer to 120 and acceleration will taper more toward the 130 end). Finally, anyone who has been to the dragstrip knows 123 MPH is a bit high for 11.2 to 11.4. Sounds more like a 10.8 to 11.0 run max.

Ha I thought about Simpson ruling it myself, but seemed like too much effort

View attachment 1049517

11.4? Just throw the car in the trash lol. Make another graph