Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your electric panel is in your garage or fairly close it’s a really simple install as it was designed to be so!
My charger is located on the opposite wall right behind my panel. My electrician only charged me $450 for the job.

Even though my charger was free I still had to pay $50 in sales tax for it. Level 2 for $500 doesn't seem too bad. 😮

what a clusterF***

LR People shouldn't be able to skip the Performance line.
if you ain't an OG Performance buyer, get on line like everyone else, or keep your LR.
Disagree. I think it makes perfect sense to deliver cars based on first-in/first-out, regardless of model/trim, especially when people are upgrading to a more expensive trim. It's a no-brainer for Tesla to service these people first.

what a clusterF***

LR People shouldn't be able to skip the Performance line.
if you ain't an OG Performance buyer, get on line like everyone else, or keep your LR.
i’m an OG P buyer and i hard disagree. people waiting for a SR/LR and then swapping to the P should definitely get priority. some have been waiting for a car since Jan, that’s BS

I understand Tesla wants to provide -something- of an expected delivery date to buyers, but it seems even with the knowledge of their firmware issue (if that's all it is), they're aggravating more than helping, I think.

I believe they'd be better off just telling -all- customers (especially those without a VIN), that they're looking at "June". Lower more imminent expectations and condition us to accept that it might still be a few weeks, instead of getting hopes up to crush over and over again...

Then again, maybe the person who presses the button for these EDD's is having a bad year and enjoys watching us squirm.

As soon as I pressed the button to place my order the day orders went live, I pretty much ignored the EDD and in my head I thought "July". Of course I -want- it before then, but... I've not felt an ounce of stress despite having the same excitement everyone else does. Some people - like the dude 'threatening' to go buy the Hyundai - just need to try to relax. I am pretty sure Tesla -wants- to get these cars in our hands... they have a lot more to gain by that than we do! :)

But I do think overly-optimistic EDD's they throw out are really causing more harm than good. Just my random opinion, tho.

Still fun as heck to follow along with you all!

IMG_0516.jpeg

Got my VIN! Will update the sheet once I get off work. However changes made for my order, is this normal?

Does anyone else find this odd given the LR and SR are just fine? I’m calling Bshit on firmware for P vs other trims. It’s the same fing car with the same software. Blows my mind how much bs Tesla can conjure up and get away with lol.

The P has some unique features that could interact differently with FSD including a new (third) acceleration mode, different steering modes, suspension modes, and many more. Anyone who has worked in software development will tell you that even a seemingly minor difference could wreak havok in some cases, particularly unforseen or edge cases.

I also doubt it is anything they are "hiding" that is major. If it was, a bunch of us would likely not still be getting VINs, even as late as today!

Reactions: Destiny1701
yea i was going. to say such a big tease, lol but at least you know it’s real. i wonder if my location has it on hand and would allow me to tease myself also. i mainly want to see if the turn signals are capacitive or not
I was debating whether to go there or not, knowing it would be a tease! He originally wasn't sure the car was even on the lot (versus an offsite lot), but a GPS ping said it was. He pointed me in the direction and let me go find it. 100% agree, knowing it's real and at the local center was nice and made my day!
For mine, the turn signals felt like they actually depressed physically (think of it as hitting a key on a laptop keyboard kinda feeling). Both buttons on the "same key" though, just top/bottom and it rocks. If that makes sense? As of now, I'd still prefer real turn signal stalks, but I'm sure the buttons will grow on me. Worst case, I'm sure I'll get used to it, even if I never really enjoy them. So I'm not worried about that.

The one that I wasn't expecting, turning the seat coolers on, I actually heard them. In fairness, it was only the 2nd time I've ever been in a car with seat coolers. First time was demo driving an AWD 3. That car's seats got cold FAST. Sitting in mine (and sitting in the showroom demo M3P) they didn't get that cold that quickly. But I'm attributing that to perhaps being that the car wasn't in "drive" mode, and might have been limited.

So you're rescheduled for Sunday? That sucks they kept your hopes up until an hour of the appointment to dash them! At this point, being a holiday weekend, I'm personally skeptical of any of these weekend (Sat/Sun/Mon), and perhaps into Tues appointments holding up. Reframing my mind as I'm expecting the delivery to get pushed. If it doesn't, I'll be thrilled. But it is a roller coaster of hope that is just a big tease now.

Reactions: jiren