Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Page 200!

I know this is probably just adding fuel to the fire. Like others, my delivery was already delayed a few times already that now I just have a walking EDD range of a week (I.e. May 24 - May 31). Moving forward, the delivery team respectfully did not want to set wrong expectations on a delivery date and just said they would contact me immediately once the firmware was ready. For what’s worth its worth, they said they have no updates whatsoever on the firmware. It’s just a waiting game on the firmware for the delivery team as much as it is for us waiting for our deliveries.
yea their first message to me was saying they didn’t have the update and they were waiting to get it.

i wonder if it’s fsd related??

IMG_3993.jpeg

yea their first message to me was saying they didn’t have the update and they were waiting to get it.

i wonder if it’s fsd related??
Highly unlikely as they delivered other Highland models before the latest FSD version was ready for them. And Tesla is all about deliveries, cash flow and stock price so they want to move these cars more than anyone. Whatever is holding them back is an absolute show stopper.

Reactions: jiren
I ordered an hour and 50 minutes after ordering opened and I ended up with a RN12152 order number and a VIN on 5/16. Maybe that's (in part) because I completed every task available in the app within minutes of placing my order so there would be no excuse for delays?
this shows you there is not order/sequence in the order numbers. i'm 49 mins after launch in New Jersey and have RN 12154. no VIN. SG/Black

Reactions: Sandee3
Just a heads up. Here is another Dragy result claiming to be for a 2024 Model 3 Performance. This guy has 3 Dragy accounts and he uses an electric Harley for his runs. He leased a Model 3 Performance before but I am not sure if he still has it or not.

The date for this run is actually last year. He is just reuploading an old run.

IMG_6048.jpeg

Reactions: cptnslo
W
Just a heads up. Here is another Dragy result claiming to be for a 2024 Model 3 Performance. This guy has 3 Dragy accounts and he uses an electric Harley for his runs. He leased a Model 3 Performance before but I am not sure if he still has it or not.

The date for this run is actually last year. He is just reuploading an old run.

View attachment 1050163
ait how is he reuploading an old run from last year if the car wasn’t out

i heard some airports place their baggage claims intentionally far from the gates, so that passengers spend more time walking to them than waiting for their luggage while just standing there. Disney parks do something similar by creating arbitrarily long areas for ride queues, so people walk more than stand. apparently people perceive wait times as longer when they're just standing instead of walking...

not sure why, but this thread made me think of that :)
Great point! This is why it's been reiterated repeatedly in this thread and other waiting room threads that EDDs mean absolutely zilch until a VIN is assigned. This has been emphasized many times by people who've gone through long wait times after placing an order. That said, I like the connection you're making, because I do liken the estimated delivery dates as something akin to the two examples you mentioned. Similarly, Tesla has to give some kind of estimate, even if it has no actual bearing on when one will actually receive their car.

Reactions: xianking
View attachment 1050164
Got my level 2 installed yesterday. This was free through my utility company but can’t help but to think I should have just paid for the Tesla wall charger.

Happy 200 pages to this thread.
If the labor is free that's a big saving, I was quoted right around $1000 for installation, $450 for Tesla charger. so total $1500. It takes quiet a bit driving to make back that money lol. Especially when my M3P is replacing a Hybrid.