Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In order to join a local Credit Union you have to typically live, work, worship, or belong to certain organizations within a certain footprint. If you don't live in NC in a specific few counties, you won't qualify. So no point in me sharing their name as you won't qualify and since they're small don't want to overwhelm them in any way.

This is why I suggest to check with your local CUs so you can join them. There are a few national CUs that anyone will qualify by typically joining a organization they recommend. For example Penfed is a nation wide CU that anyone can join, not saying they have the best rates.

Just go on google maps and search your areas for credit unions, then go to their websites and see what their auto loan rates are.
Many CUs want to expand their membership more broadly, even nationally, and originate as many loans as possible - that’s how they make $ after all. They make it as easy as possible to ‘qualify’ as a member, which in most cases is also free. The CU I financed through USSFCU is 1,500 miles away. Check them out!

Reactions: ScrappyCoco
That is good to know. What summer tires were you using, and what temperatures did it get down to?

I was doing some reading, and it sounds like the Pilot Sport 4S handles cold weather a little better than the P Zeros, but both are quite bad in barely above freezing but wet conditions. Watching a couple videos of P Zeros in cold weather convinced me to not even take the chance (although these were RWD cars so it would have been exacerbated by that fact). Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for new buyers to swap them out before it gets cold, then switch back to them after it gets warm.
Had the Pilot Sport 4s and it gets down below 20 degrees in winter here.

Seems like we have a mixed result on pay at pickup and pay in advance. I'm going settle up this morning (pickup tomorrow) so I don't have to stress about it any longer. I am naturally a bit anxious about these things so removing the choice will force me to drop it a stop worrying about it. I will not stress about having to wait for a refund if I reject the car since it's just a fraction of paying cash and I won't miss the money for however long it takes to get it back.
I think some people pay in advance because Tesla asks them to and so they comply. But there is zero benefit to doing so. You should always inspect the car before you hand them any money. If there is something wrong with the car you want to have the right to reject it and wait for another one. Although I recognize that given the demand for an M3P right now that could be a long wait.

Reviving this topic from yesterday…I found this lurking in the background of a pic that I believe is from China. So like many things on this thread, take it with a grain of salt. View attachment 1050792
A few weeks ago I saw a similar picture with that banner in the background but look at the model S attached with it. Kind of outdated banner/poster. People have been posting pictures of behind the seat of their newly acquired “performance” or whatever you want to call it and it clearly calls the car “Highland”, yet the company says it calls it the refresh 🤷🏻‍♂️. Coding called it Ludicrous and speculation implies car is going to have an unlock in power down the road that will more than likely be a ludicrous mode. I guess some will have a true ludicrous if this unlock comes out and they actually purchase the unlock, others will be in the rear or side view mirrors.

Reactions: cubicalclang
My EDD updated to 06/01-06/10 after it was 05/25-06/03. Did you experience this @adaminfl and @MikeyC?

Kinda lines up with mine. Right at 10am eastern time (7am PST), mine went from 5/25 - 6/3 to 5/27 to 6/5. Since I'm in the Tampa area, I bet the truck probably goes to Tampa, then over to Orlando, then down to Miami. Not sure it would take days to do that, but the dates seem to line up north to south, west to east.

My financing and trade offer expired on the 24th. Not too worried about it.

Reactions: RBBJ and Lampras
The white doors/no alcantara is what made me change my order to black, I love the white seats though. I love the red too, but wanted to keep the attention low. The black is honestly my favorite but I’ve owned a black car before prior to the creation of PPF. I went stealth grey this time around because I like what stealth PPF does to stealth Grey. If black with white would’ve qualified for the tax break that would’ve been my go to hands down.
The car looks shockingly good in black. I normally don’t do black cars but immediately switched from ultra red to black upon seeing pictures.

Reactions: Destiny1701
They must be ramping up extremly fast, just got my Vin this morning!

View attachment 1050790

Something I did a day or two ago though, I changed my order to cash. Not sure if that had an impact, but i swapped it back to financing. Tampa Florida location. I'm updating the spreadsheet now. Best of luck everyone!
How do you go about switching your order to cash? What about if you already have a good loan offer?

A few weeks ago I saw a similar picture with that banner in the background but look at the model S attached with it. Kind of outdated banner/poster. People have been posting pictures of behind the seat of their newly acquired “performance” or whatever you want to call it and it clearly calls the car “Highland”, yet the company says it calls it the refresh 🤷🏻‍♂️. Coding called it Ludicrous and speculation implies car is going to have an unlock in power down the road that will more than likely be a ludicrous mode. I guess some will have a true ludicrous if this unlock comes out and they actually purchase the unlock, others will be in the rear or side view mirrors.
Those pics are from Rwd and LR…don’t have my performance yet!