Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would try calling the local store directly to speak with the SA!
Yep - I danced this dance before. Look up the local store on Google and call that number. It picks up with tha automated system and sounds like the generic “800” number. But press the button for deliveries (or maybe it’s for sales first? Then deliveries?). Then for “more help” . Then say whatever is on your mind for its automated response thing to try to do something. Then press button for “no, that didn’t help, I’d like to talk to a SA”. That should route you to a SA at that actual location.

When I refused my delivery I was told the next refusal would result in losing my deposit and that I would have to submit another order and start over again
I'm sorry but my response would have been, "My next refusal will be me rejecting Tesla for good, followed by me posting my experience on YouTube as a content creator. I'm not going to order, wait for the car, and then be presented with a car that needs to be in a body shop for 25% of the first month of ownership. That's on Tesla, not me!"

I love Elon and Tesla, but that doesn't mean either one gets to take me over a log and I just have to grin and bear it.

It seems the Tesla AI monkey is just bypassing handing out VINs and just going to straight to asking customers to schedule delivery. Tesla is under lots of pressure to end Q2 with a bang.

Tesla will see lots of upset customers if come delivery day the vehicle is no where to be found.
Yep. I'll be one of them. Around 24hrs from the delivery appointment and no VIN yet....

Picked her up on Sunday. She was ready sooner, but I was away from home on a business trip. Ordered on 4/30/24.

1719265809847.png

1719265831693.png

1719265854920.png

Love how the color changes dramatically depending if in the sun or in the shade.

1719265950750.png

1719265966894.png

Hm, I see a LR with my color configuration available that qualifies for the tax credit 310 miles from me. My 10 year old ICE car is having some mechanical issues. I'm not sure how much longer I have on this car and I definitely don't wanna dump a few grand into it. Since its starting to look like my 05/04 order won't arrive in June, the urge to switch is very high..

Reactions: BabyRoadster
Thanks! I've texted them now, hopefully they get back to me. End of Quarter is exactly what I was trying my hardest to avoid, as I had explained to Fremont's SA who assisted me at the time. She still suggested me to place the order no problem at the beginning of June due to the fact that "huge backlogs" would have helped my time range (late July pick up). Lesson learned I guess.
It's crazy to me that people ordering at the end of May are still waiting and they blazed my order through delivery in 2 and half weeks and without a VIN. Oh well.

Your location = NorCal, close to the factory. You could theoretically take delivery before the end of the quarter because they dont have to ship the car. Thats why then can schedule your delivery without a vin.

The upside of that is getting a car that would be pretty much literally off the factory floor, taking delivery within just a few days of it being made.

The downside of that is.... getting a car that would be pretty much literally of the factory floor, taking delivery within just a few days of being made, at the end of the quarter. 🤣

How soon did people get their VIN numbers before their EDD range?

Doesnt the tracker have a ton of data round this stuff?

Reactions: Noodlemon
It's a good question about the compatibility of accessories between the 2024 Highland and the 2024 M3P. While I can't speak definitively without specific part numbers, generally, accessories designed for similar models within the same brand tend to have some level of interchangeability.

If you're considering a roof rack, for instance, the Tesla Model 3 roof rack from TESERY is a well-liked option that might fit your needs. It's designed with compatibility and ease of use in mind. Just make sure to double-check fitment before purchasing, and you'll be all set for your adventures!
Just a data point...

I was looking at "Model 3 All-Weather Interior Liners" (note: not the ones that say 2017-2023) and the page recommended logging in to check for vehicle compatibility. After doing so it said my "2024 Model 3" was compatible (with no indication of Performance vs. not, etc.). Hopefully they'll fit when they arrive.

Interesting problem that I haven’t seen anyone else mention yet…

Got prompted to schedule a delivery today but then got the dreaded “no appointments available”

Can’t get ahold of anyone in my local showroom (mine is closed on Mondays, only service is open on Monday) and now it’s past 6pm so even service isn’t open.

Just got another automated message that says I need to schedule an appointment before tomorrow, otherwise my order will get released to someone else.

I waited two months, and took care of everything on my end…I’m going to be pissed if I lose this VIN because they can’t do their part. Any suggestions?

Interesting problem that I haven’t seen anyone else mention yet…

Got prompted to schedule a delivery today but then got the dreaded “no appointments available”

Can’t get ahold of anyone in my local showroom (mine is closed on Mondays, only service is open on Monday) and now it’s past 6pm so even service isn’t open.

Just got another automated message that says I need to schedule an appointment before tomorrow, otherwise my order will get released to someone else.

I waited two months, and took care of everything on my end…I’m going to be pissed if I lose this VIN because they can’t do their part. Any suggestions?
Message in the app. Text too if you have the number. They don't have "hours". I got responses at all times

Just got another update from Tesla and my appointment has been pushed out by one day to 26th. Looks like they speculatively setting up appointments (mainly in the Bay Area).
They're just setting the table hoping there's food. They just pushed mine from 2pm tomorrow to 5pm. At least it's same day Lol.

Personally I think it's them hoping to get all these appts out but will likely not get that many cars delivered at all. Good thing I didnt cancel my appt to get my charger installed tomorrow.

I fully expect to be waiting til July or August for my car. It's fun to hope and play the game tho!

They're just setting the table hoping there's food. They just pushed mine from 2pm tomorrow to 5pm. At least it's same day Lol.

Personally I think it's them hoping to get all these appts out but will likely not get that many cars delivered at all. Good thing I didnt cancel my appt to get my charger installed tomorrow.

I fully expect to be waiting til July or August for my car. It's fun to hope and play the game tho!
thanks for the vote of confidence :) :)

Well boys….It’s been a crazy ride, but…I got my vin this morning! My last EDD changed was last week to 7/30 - 9/3. Then all of a sudden I received a text from tesla and I thought it was just change your order to other none performance model text. When I opened it, there it was…and couple minutes later, I got a text again to schedule delivery early as this Wednesday! Crazy….I wonder if it was someone who refused the delivery since it happened too fast. Anyway, stay strong boys and it will come!

5/4 OD
SG/Blk changed to Blue/Blk
NJ