Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*own
I wonder When I will be able to edit my posts.
I'm speaking purely from an accident avoidance perspective. Even in calm driving people sometimes need to stop as quickly as possible.
... at least I sure have.
Agree. Summer tires with temps consistently below 40 deg F is not a great idea. And if it rains even worse. Stopping distance will be significantly worse.

IMG_3663.png

Those who are trying to decide on whether stealth gray is it or not, this is your sign to keep it. Although I LOVE the ultra red, the coat on this color is gorgeous. Worth the tax credit and worth the color

This is utter bullshit. I sold my car FFS and also had I a more accurate timeline I could have been more patient and sold for a better price.
I feel for you, man! I was in the same position and almost sold, but decided not to at the last minute, given the fluctuating dates. The lack of transparency and clarity is horrible. Let's meet up in Old Town sometime when we finally get the SG Teslas. LOL

Reactions: whoosierdaddy
I saw my first 2024 M3P on Highway 280 (SF Bay Area) at noon. I tried to catch up to it but it was doing at least 90 mph and my old VW egolf has a max speed of 85 mph so I lost it.

On a different note, my delivery window just went from 5/28-6/26 to 6/22-6/30 even though I ordered it on 4/23 and live in the SF bay area.
Interesting, almost the exact same thing happened to me. I wonder if they just pushed all the Bay Area deliveries back.

I’d say that’s on you!
Many of us have situations where two cars is not an option. In my case, I have a 25 year old sport car that is not easy to sell.
Once my window moved up to a delivery within the week (from delivery within two months), I sold my car. Now it's moved out a month. Unreasonable to blame the player when the game is as much of a clusterfuck as EDDs are.

Reactions: hkarthik
Is this a concern for just regular steady acceleration and steady braking driving?

Yes, if you are driving in temps under 40degrees Fahrenheit or snow. Its not even "starting" and "moving" thats the main issue... its " stopping " (which is probably the most important thing we do as drivers).

Dont need to take anyones word for it though, there are a ton of articles, videos etc, some even put out by either tire companies or professional review types that review tires about the difference between summer tires and all seasons / winter in actual winter weather.