Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awwww, you were so close.

May I ask why you decided to cancel?
I came from a 20 M3P and then a 22 M3P and loved both of them.

I've been back and forth with getting another or getting a C8 vette for some time now. When the style/specs came out for the new M3P, jumped right on it but have also been negotiating with Chevy.

Literally changing my mind by the hour but went with the Vette as I'm 42; no kids, happy married, and healthy.
Seen too many people close to me lately get sick/pass, old, etc and thought screw it get the red vette ... you only live once. Picking her up on Wed.

Still on list for the CT and I def see coming back to the new performance or maybe plaid down the road; as the value, ease of use, and maintenance is just amazing. But for my next ride, needed some rumble and flash lol.

Congrats to all those taking orders now, as this is def a step up from previous models. Happy Riding.

Good morning and happy June to all! Last month of the quarter, hoping we get more order updates from now!

View attachment 1052544Portlanders, good news! In addition to spotting my vin (pictured here) at the Tesla Tigard (Washington Square) lot, I also saw a second SG/B config, a W/B config, and a truck carrying a B/B config!
Other SG black is mine!
Glad to see PNW deliveries happening soon!

White interiors are showing a June delivery date on the order page while black interiors are showing July now. No idea if that means anything but the white interior at no up charge is a pretty nice perk at the moment, considering you have to go with gray if you want the tax credit.
Hope this means white interior production picks back up again. 🥲 It's been almost a week of almost all black

Last edited:
Reactions: xianking
I haven't read it in detail, but my understanding is the burden is on the manufacturer to prove the modification caused the issue, not just implicate it. I don't have any real world experience with this, though (knocks on wood). That was just my understanding of it based on a lawyer breaking it down that I read in another car forum years back.
Why I’ll never buy another BMW. Basically unless I want to take them to court they would not honor a blown valve on a brand new vehicle but never showed any proof that anything I did could have directly caused it (they claimed exceeded rev limits but I had every ride history logged in an app that shows it happened at dealership prior to my receiving it, dealership also made me pay for repairs and basically told me to sue them)

Reactions: arkhos and Jangy
I haven't read it in detail, but my understanding is the burden is on the manufacturer to prove the modification caused the issue, not just implicate it. I don't have any real world experience with this, though (knocks on wood). That was just my understanding of it based on a lawyer breaking it down that I read in another car forum years back.
I have 30 years of real life experience in California. They don't need to prove anything. When bushings, shocks, struts etc go out and you have aftermarket springs, they can and will void it. By they, I mean EVERY brand. With ICE cars, ECU tunes are big. They can void the ENTIRE warranty, again without PROOF but with simple implication. For you to fight it, you would need to SUE. Therefore, the burden of proof is on the consumer. People that say otherwise, are enjoying to hear themselves talk. The factory can make unilateral decisions and move forward. It doesn't mean that they can't be held accountable (again by suing). But it means they don't need to PROVE anything. There is no judge and jury to determine the path forward. That person is a FACTORY REPRESENTATIVE. Good luck to anyone trying to Sue tesla or another car manufacturer. Can you recall any lawsuits where the consumer won for wrongful void of warranty? I didn't think so. That precedent will not get set because they will FIGHT.

Figured this thread is as good as any to post this question in…

Has anyone confirmed if the Rokblokz mudflaps fit our new M3Ps?

And to keep it somewhat relevant to delivery.

SG/White. 4/23 12:17 EST order. VIN received 5/24. I’m officially in the EDD window today of June 1 - June 10. Indianapolis area.

Reactions: whoosierdaddy
I have 30 years of real life experience in California. They don't need to prove anything. When bushings, shocks, struts etc go out and you have aftermarket springs, they can and will void it. By they, I mean EVERY brand. With ICE cars, ECU tunes are big. They can void the ENTIRE warranty, again without PROOF but with simple implication. For you to fight it, you would need to SUE. Therefore, the burden of proof is on the consumer. People that say otherwise, are enjoying to hear themselves talk. The factory can make unilateral decisions and move forward. It doesn't mean that they can't be held accountable (again by suing). But it means they don't need to PROVE anything. There is no judge and jury to determine the path forward. That person is a FACTORY REPRESENTATIVE. Good luck to anyone trying to Sue tesla or another car manufacturer. Can you recall any lawsuits where the consumer won for wrongful void of warranty? I didn't think so. That precedent will not get set because they will FIGHT.
Okay thanks for your insight. No need to get condescending with rhetoric. I was merely communicating what my understanding of it was. Nor am I arguing with you about being able to recall any lawsuits myself, because I can’t. But generally, when a federal law is established, it’s actually based on precedence. I think the key point here is what you said that the consumer has to be willing to sue, which then shifts the burden on the manufacturer to prove it.

Surprised they held onto that lie for so long (JUN 2024)
It’s still possible. Tesla has done crazy end of quarter numbers many times. I sent this pic on a previous page but sending it again for reference you can see they’re ramping up, week 22 isn’t over yet.

IMG_3200.png

Okay thanks for your insight. No need to get condescending with rhetoric. I was merely communicating what my understanding of it was. Nor am I arguing with you about being able to recall any lawsuits myself, because I can’t. But generally, when a federal law is established, it’s actually based on precedence. I think the key point here is what you said that the consumer has to be willing to sue, which then shifts the burden on the manufacturer to prove it.
Sorry. I wasn't trying to argue and i didn't think you were. I just came across as a dick. Sorry. This is a "hot" topic in the modding community. There isn't much to mod on Teslas, so I stay mellow. But I used to love to tinker and I got burned many times.

Got my car last Saturday and been having so much fun I haven’t been back here much! Figure I drop in with some feedback/photos.

First EV. I come from a long background of bmws: 2010 x5m, 2x e39 m5s, e46 m3, e92 m3, z4 35is, e30 and a few others. I have shared this passion with my brother and spent plenty of time in his BMWs (n54 335i with over 700whp & M2 comp). Unfortunately I have lost interest with the latest cars. The engines don’t feel as bespoke as they used to. Killing off the DCT still bugs me.

Anyway. I was looking to replace the e92 with something newer that could double as a family hauler. Looked at Cadillac Vs, f80 m3s, even flirted with a vette here and there. Considered some older M5s. With kids I needed something that could double as a family sedan, commuter and 4-5 track days a year. I also don’t have the time I used to have for wrenching. So here I am a bmw gearhead in a Tesla model 3 and I don’t think I’ll ever go back!

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpeg
    IMG_2040.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2021.jpeg
    IMG_2021.jpeg
    580.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    616.9 KB · Views: 5
I agree with you. OEMs don't have to prove anything. The reality is this ... how deep are your pockets? Do you want to go to court and spend 20k+ on legal fees to fight the OEM to replace something that would cost you 5k?

Reactions: P-Lo801 and Jangy
Truth being told here if you see my comment about experience with BMW. Unless you feel like sueing, you’re screwed and there is very little evidence to support how good your chance of winning even if you did litigate

Reactions: Jangy
Sorry. I wasn't trying to argue and i didn't think you were. I just came across as a dick. Sorry. This is a "hot" topic in the modding community. There isn't much to mod on Teslas, so I stay mellow. But I used to love to tinker and I got burned many times.
All good. I can tell it's a hot topic from personal experience too. For what it's worth, I can identify with the modding community too, having had a stage 2 tuned VW GLI with bolt-ons and most recently offloading a 2019 M3LR with acceleration boost last year for a G20 m340i, and then coming back to the m3p this year because i just realized tuning and tinkering the BMW was not worth my time anymore.

It's not going to stop me from modding this car, though lol. But at least with EVs, mods are more simplified, with suspension and wheels being the biggest mods that can be done.

File this under the category of “question I’m asking knowing nobody really knows but hoping to get enough anecdotal experience feedback to manage my expectations accordingly”

I got my VIN last night (AZ) and have completed all the steps in APP and my EDD date range changed to 6/1-6/10.

How long until I get a message to schedule a delivery and once I get that message how long from that point to the first available delivery date (I.e. when do I get my gosh-dang car!?)

Reactions: P-Lo801
White interiors are showing a June delivery date on the order page while black interiors are showing July now. No idea if that means anything but the white interior at no up charge is a pretty nice perk at the moment, considering you have to go with gray if you want the tax credit.
This is super interesting, hopefully the production line switches back over to white soon! (sorry black interior people).

(also, my first post here after lurking for ages :))

Reactions: CheddarChiz
File this under the category of “question I’m asking knowing nobody really knows but hoping to get enough anecdotal experience feedback to manage my expectations accordingly”

I got my VIN last night (AZ) and have completed all the steps in APP and my EDD date range changed to 6/1-6/10.

How long until I get a message to schedule a delivery and once I get that message how long from that point to the first available delivery date (I.e. when do I get my gosh-dang car!?)
They issue the VIN to you when it is dispatching from the factory. I'm in San Diego so it's usually about 3-5 days before you take delivery. In AZ I guess it's a little longer. I got VIN Thursday and I'm scheduled to pickup Monday