Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started out with an EDD of May 27 - June 3 when I got my VIN. Since a few days ago it has just advanced a day every day at 10am: now at June 1 - June 8. Anyone else in FL have any news or have an actual delivery day yet?

Pretty sad just watching the window advance every day and never get any closer. My SA told me the car was due at the local delivery May 29 and I'd be able to schedule a delivery day June 2 (tomorrow). But I put very little stock in that at this point!

Forgive my ignorance but what is changing the toe in alignment. Never have done this and have no clue what it is.

TOE (in this case) is about the direction that the front wheels are aimed.
Toe POSITIVE = \ /
Toe NEGATIVE = / \
Toe NEUTRAL = | |

Another way to illustrate this is,

Toe POSITIVE = ( . \ / . )

Toe NEGATIVE = ( . / \ . )

How much Toe you want really comes down to personal preference, just remember not to wear yourself out.

I am trying to avoid rear inner tire wear
I can't speak for the new 3, but I have had a 21 and 23 MP3. I run 265/30/20 on them. I ran it with neutral TOE and got very consistent tire wear. TOE out wears the inner edges. But slight negative camber shouldn't. But I only get 20k miles from a set of summer tires. I have heard of others getting more, so maybe the camber matters more than I realize. If you use aftermarket arms, be sure to consider the bushings. I loved doing arms before, but I hate dealing with creaking. I'm not aware of any aircraft quality parts like when I was tweaking on Mercedes

Reactions: Raptor911
How are folks coming from ICE cars getting used to one pedal driving? Admittedly when I test drove Teslas in the past I found it really jarring with the regen and hard to get used to.

This is why I went with a non Tesla EV before, but I am switching now for autopilot/FSD and better range. Curious how long it takes to get used to it.

Welp, just got VIN and EDD moved to 6/1-6/10 (4/23 Ord, Stealth/Black AZ). Question: it’s flagging me to add insurance to schedule delivery. Do I have to have this VIN added and uploaded or just my current policy that I update once delivery is schedule?
Lucky you! I hope I’m soon! I got $15k offer for my 2018 Model 3 Long Range with EAP from Tesla. Ended up selling private party for $23k

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
How are folks coming from ICE cars getting used to one pedal driving? Admittedly when I test drove Teslas in the past I found it really jarring with the regen and hard to get used to.

This is why I went with a non Tesla EV before, but I am switching now for autopilot/FSD and better range. Curious how long it takes to get used to it.
I switched in 2021 and have never looked back. Teslas no longer give an option to turn it off. I barely touch my brake pedal. Even on spirited driving, I use it to shift the weight to the front. But it is a personal thing.

one of the best features of the car. 100% smooth stops when you don't have to press on the brakes.

I asked Tesla (via messaging in app) about transferring my homelink module (purchase for my 2021 LR) to the new M3P and they said “homelink is only able to be used once and can not be transferred”. Is this accurate from others experience? I thought I read others transferring in the past.