Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The confusion around "can I change my color, or does the pricing reset" Is probably around the fact that the tesla order agreement specifically states that any changes to your order will be reflected in the current price of the vehicle, not when you ordered.... but they are letting people change their orders without doing that right now for some reason.

Why they are not enforcing their stated rule (thats on the order agreement everyone agrees to when they place an order), is anyones guess, but it would be a good idea for people to make a decision on the color and not "expect" to be able to flip flop around endlessly.

Tesla isnt following its own stated rule here, so it could change at any time (to them actually following the rule). I would hate to see someone get burned on this, and "But I saw multiple other people online do...." isnt going to mean anything if they decide to change course and follow their rules on order changes, thats in the order agreement.
I'm not sure if this is what you're saying or not, but I don't think they could go back and retroactively change your pricing to anything other than what's on the new order agreement if you changed your color. I just changed from white interior to black interior and got a new order agreement which shows the pricing consistent with the 4/23 pricing when I ordered. I doubt they could void that new Motor Vehicle Order Agreement I just received. (Not sure if I'm explaining myself very well...)

Reactions: jose3030
I'm not sure if this is what you're saying or not, but I don't think they could go back and retroactively change your pricing to anything other than what's on the new order agreement if you changed your color. I just changed from white interior to black interior and got a new order agreement which shows the pricing consistent with the 4/23 pricing when I ordered. I doubt they could void that new Motor Vehicle Order Agreement I just received. (Not sure if I'm explaining myself very well...)

I understand what you are saying, and thats not what I ment. What I ment was, you making that change, then getting a new MVPA (because of the change) and it reflecting the "current" pricing now.

Once you get a new MVPA, if it has the existing pricing, you should be golden, as they didnt increase the prices on you. I just mean its certainly possible at some point for someone to make a change (like one of the SG/ Black orderers reading about ultra read repeatedly in this thread, then deciding "I want ultra red" then making that change, looking at their new MVPA and realizing "wait a minute why dont I have the tax credit anymore?!?!?".

That hasnt happened yet, as it appears that Tesla is honoring the pricing from when people ordered (which is what they honestly should do, in good faith), but.. the order agreement says they can apply the new pricing if someone changes the order. They are not doing that right now for some reason, but they could.

I think he should just call the customer service # and ask.

Im pretty sure that at this point at least, everyone who has made a change who reported it in this thread has reported that their pricing remained based around when they placed the order. Good for everyone contemplating changes, at least as long as Tesla keeps ignoring their statements around this topic in the order agreement.

Quick update for the East coast homies out there.
Last week (Thurs), when I received my VIN, the EDD changed to June 14-21.
This morning, my EDD just changed/improved to June 9-18.
UR/B ordered on 4/23

So, it would appear that my vehicle (which was being transported by railway) is close to or perhaps even has arrived at the distribution center in Maryland. My SA told me once a vehicle arrives at this particular distribution site, it will then be loaded onto and transported to the SC by semi-truck. That transfer process (from distribution center to the SC) typically takes 3-5 days. So, I think there is a very high probably I will be able to pick up the vehicle sometime early next week (perhaps even on June 9, which is this Sunday)! 🤞
This adds up. I have Red/White with June 16-22 date and I was at Owings Mill, MD location yesterday and they said they were expecting my vehicle on either June 11 or 12.

This worked for me as well! Thanks!!
Did you also order on 4/23? I ordered on 4/24 and also in NC. I have an EDD of July 2nd to August 6th. No VIN assigned yet, I’m hoping I get a VIN this week. I spoke to someone at Tesla like 2 weeks ago who was able to see my projected build date was the first week of June, so this week. Assuming there were no delays I hopefully will get a VIN this week.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
So got mine on Saturday. I was pushed to June 3rd and got the call on the 1st for early delivery. Handle the wire transfer for the down immediately and the insurance the moment you get the VIN. Its now in for full PPF and tint for 4 days unfortunately.
1000007030.jpg

Anyone notice the Tesla website site got updated and the model 3 performance now shows a 303 mile EPA est range? 👀 Not sure if someone else already commented it..lots of pages of discussion
I'm in Austin, TX too, and was just wondering if you were able to pickup your ride today and how the process went for you. Thanks in advance for any knowledge kicked down to us poor souls who continue the never ending wait.

Did you also order on 4/23? I ordered on 4/24 and also in NC. I have an EDD of July 2nd to August 6th. No VIN assigned yet, I’m hoping I get a VIN this week. I spoke to someone at Tesla like 2 weeks ago who was able to see my projected build date was the first week of June, so this week. Assuming there were no delays I hopefully will get a VIN this week.
I ordered on 4/28 but I’m in WI and picking up in IL. Good luck hopefully you’ll get your VIN soon!

Every black interior photo I see just makes me more and more glad I chose black. I love the look, and the Alcantara door inserts are *chefs kiss*
I like them both. Currently have white in my 2021 M3P and feel validated when I see the white and I'm glad I ordered that color. If white was an upgrade and kicked me out of the $7,500 I would have been almost as happy with black too.