Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update for the East coast homies out there.
Last week (Thurs), when I received my VIN, the EDD changed to June 14-21.
This morning, my EDD just changed/improved to June 9-18.
UR/B ordered on 4/23

So, it would appear that my vehicle (which was being transported by railway) is close to or perhaps even has arrived at the distribution center in Maryland. My SA told me once a vehicle arrives at this particular distribution site, it will then be loaded onto and transported to the SC by semi-truck. That transfer process (from distribution center to the SC) typically takes 3-5 days. So, I think there is a very high probably I will be able to pick up the vehicle sometime early next week (perhaps even on June 9, which is this Sunday)! 🤞
This makes me excited! Ours might be on the same train and perhaps even same truck because I called the Richmond SC on Sunday and the SA said that my car was about half way across the country on a train heading the the MD distribution center and that it should arrive there mid week. And then from there it will get transported down to Richmond. So fingers crossed for Sunday! 🤞

(I can start scouting out the Richmond SC's new car storage parking lot at the end of this week)

I like them both. Currently have white in my 2021 M3P and feel validated when I see the white and I'm glad I ordered that color. If white was an upgrade and kicked me out of the $7,500 I would have been almost as happy with black too.
I changed to black interior this morning and am feeling pretty good about. I loved my white interior on my 2018 Model 3, but it's time for a change. I'm also a little worried about dirt in the perforations with the white.

I changed to black interior this morning and am feeling pretty good about. I loved my white interior on my 2018 Model 3, but it's time for a change. I'm also a little worried about dirt in the perforations with the white.
I was thinking about that very issue...I surmised if the Model S was having issues we would be aware of it?? I've had NOTHING but black until my M3P, I'm good for another round of white but I agree black is very attractive too.

Reactions: xianking
So got mine on Saturday. I was pushed to June 3rd and got the call on the 1st for early delivery. Handle the wire transfer for the down immediately and the insurance the moment you get the VIN. Its now in for full PPF and tint for 4 days unfortunately. View attachment 1053855
I am really liking how those wheels look without the larger aero inserts. Makes it look much more aggressive IMO. Did you take them out yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I have heard some people mentioning that they took them out and the wheels were not in the greatest shape underneath which worries me.

3) Has there been a general consensus on tinting levels (i.e. a good balance between looks, keeping the car cooler, still having adequate vision at night, not being illegal, etc.). I am strongly considering tinting this car, but have not tinted any of my previous vehicles.
For tint - definitely check your state limits. A lot of people ignore them (at their own risk), but you should at least look and be aware.
Other than that, a lot of it seems very subjective, kinda like the color of the car itself. The tint place I use has samples of every grade available in the shop so you can compare, and will even allow you to see an actual car with the % that you are looking at (if they have one on hand at the moment).

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Yup the perforations will make any spills/stains more challenging. Its cleaning up the side walls of the perforations that you need to worry about. Sometimes it takes a certain angle to see a stain on the side wall. Got to go 360deg to clean your seats hah. Even with that said, I went with white int 🤪 ...challenge accepted! In all seriousness, both interior options look great...some better depending on the exterior color.

stop posting and go look at your car.

LOL!

before you miss those huge ass scratches like the last guy

Lol I did! Like I said - one issue! I had an hour and a half drive home. Man what a night and day difference between the 2021 3 Performance and this one.

This is my little paint issue that I've got. Everything else was good.

Attachments

• IMG_2644.jpeg
    IMG_2644.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 3
I’m
wow! That paint defect is really bad.
Yeah I am not sure how someone could inspect a car and not notice that before selling to someone. It makes you wonder if they did notice and just sold it hoping the new owner wouldn't notice until it's too late. Same with the other poster who had like a foot long scratch. There is NO way you don't notice that during an inspection....

Reactions: Raptor911
I am really liking how those wheels look without the larger aero inserts. Makes it look much more aggressive IMO. Did you take them out yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I have heard some people mentioning that they took them out and the wheels were not in the greatest shape underneath which worries me.
There is a post that I just found on here actually. I did it the hard way (wheels on from behind). You can actually use a plastic pry tool on the lip edge and pop them right off. Took me 2 hours vs 10 minutes. You get minor plastic scratches (3 lines) that buff right off with some cleaner wax.

There is a post that I just found on here actually. I did it the hard way (wheels on from behind). You can actually use a plastic pry tool on the lip edge and pop them right off. Took me 2 hours vs 10 minutes. You get minor plastic scratches (3 lines) that buff right off with some cleaner wax.
Interesting. Do you by any chance have the link for that method? A lot of pages here to try and dig through. If not, no problem, I don't expect you to dig for it lol.

For the first time in two weeks there hasn't been a single VIN assigned today.
I have a feeling this chat is going to blow up over the next two days as they pump out VINs, it's not like they're just not making cars 🤔
I like the optimism. Maybe the calm before the VIN storm. Realistically, prob just focusing a few days cranking out some MY 0.99% cars.

Interesting. Do you by any chance have the link for that method? A lot of pages here to try and dig through. If not, no problem, I don't expect you to dig for it lol.
That thread is located in the Model 3: Interior & Exterior subforum. Link to that thread provided below…

3) Has there been a general consensus on tinting levels (i.e. a good balance between looks, keeping the car cooler, still having adequate vision at night, not being illegal, etc.). I am strongly considering tinting this car, but have not tinted any of my previous vehicles.
Around here there some tint shops that give "Ticket guarantees" included in the price or some do "Ticket insurance" for an extra charge. Basically, if you get a fix-it ticket for illegal tint they installed, they'll remove the tint so you can get your ticket signed off on, then they will re-apply the same tint you had, all for free. You're only out the price of your fix-it ticket.