Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will need to pay the current price (won’t qualify for the credit)
Not true. I went in to manage my order. The pricing is based on when you placed order! When I changed from SG/WH to UR/WH it still showed pricing for white interior. Where as that’s not the case now since they are both included. So if you did black interior with white you should be able to change it and still be within price threshold

Reactions: SO16 and jose3030
Sorry all didn’t mean to make that post and I couldn’t figure out how to delete it
Not true. I went in to manage my order. The pricing is based on when you placed order! When I changed from SG/WH to UR/WH it still showed pricing for white interior. Where as that’s not the case now since they are both included. So if you did black interior with white you should be able to change it and still be within price threshold
Not risking changing anything for me as vin has been assigned with a delivery date to the dealership of 6/11 predicted. I thought about it for a bit going to UR from White but my 23' M3P was white which I loved. It contrasts so well with the carbon fiber OEM and the aftermarket I put in a few places. I haven't seen many white photos posted.

I loved the UR but didn’t want to be too flashy. I’m surprised blue isn’t as popular, especially with the performance badge on the back being blue.

OD: 4/29
Blue/black
Bay Area

1st EDD: June
2nd EDD: July 6 -August 13
3rd EDD : May 21 - June 7
(Had EDD increase daily until May 26)
4th EDD : July 6 - August 10

Can’t wait. Checking app far too often, and I have a pile of accessories ready to go.
So weird that us Bay Area folks are getting pushed to Q2 now especially with the cars being made in our backyard. There aren’t that many orders from folks out here, so it’s annoying they can’t whip up a quick batch and tell us to come to Fremont to pick them up.

I'm curious to hear from people here who changed their color configuration how it affected their EDD/VIN/delivery. The person on the other end of the app told me they wouldn't recommend changing the interior color because it will place me at the back of the line, but that doesn't seem to be the case for people who actually changed their order. I remember at least one person in this group who changed their color and actually received a VIN that day.

I'm on order for a white interior but I'm waffling between white and black now...

Reactions: arkhos
I see tons of posts about peoples trade in offers expriing, but for me, mine has just been in a pending state since I ordered. I asked about this through the chat and they said they won't provide a trade in value until a VIN is assigned. Is this the norm now?

Reactions: jose3030
Picked up on Monday night around 7pm. They were running about an hour late which they said was due to 4 Cyber Truck deliveries that they say are a pain in the ass because of the time required to detail. Fit/finish is perfect. Everything lines up perfectly. Car drives like a dream as you'd expect so I won't bore you there. The only issue is the alignment pulls to the right and the steering wheel is slightly off-center which is being fixed on Friday morning. In the app they were not so kind about this, saying they need to verify I didn't damage the vehicle to cause this issue. My response was a not-so-nice version of I've had the car for 10 min and 8 miles so spare me.... Tint was done yesterday. 15% all around, back, and roof. 55% on front. The parking lot pic is from this morning. Love how the UR changes based on the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.JPG
    IMG_2817.JPG
    625.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    490.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2812.JPG
    IMG_2812.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 1
No garage here and in an HOA community so can't just erect a car port. Here's what I'm doing to protect the car

1. Tint all around to protect the interior from degradation if/when sitting under the sun
2. Ceramic Coating, not only will it help me keep the car clean from bird *sugar*, leaves, rain spots etc. but it will provide UV protection too.
3. Car cover, I don't plan to be religious or paranoid about this but if I know I'm not going to use the car for the rest of the night, day, off to vacation etc. you better believe that car cover will be getting a lot of use.
4. I'm not doing PPF, personal decision.
Don't use a car cover for daily use. Only put one on if the car was JUST cleaned. Otherwise it will wear the paint. I had an MP3 that sat outside all the time. No issues with anything. It all has plenty of UV block

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I see tons of posts about peoples trade in offers expriing, but for me, mine has just been in a pending state since I ordered. I asked about this through the chat and they said they won't provide a trade in value until a VIN is assigned. Is this the norm now?
Even though my last delivery trade quote was within 30 days, the app prompted me to resubmit and I feared the worst. Was shocked the trade value of my 2020 MY went up over 1k. This was last month so I expected it to drop.

No garage here and in an HOA community so can't just erect a car port. Here's what I'm doing to protect the car

1. Tint all around to protect the interior from degradation if/when sitting under the sun
2. Ceramic Coating, not only will it help me keep the car clean from bird *sugar*, leaves, rain spots etc. but it will provide UV protection too.
3. Car cover, I don't plan to be religious or paranoid about this but if I know I'm not going to use the car for the rest of the night, day, off to vacation etc. you better believe that car cover will be getting a lot of use.
4. I'm not doing PPF, personal decision.
I have had multiple Teslas living outside since 2017 and never had a problem, except the early days when the doors/windows/handles would freeze up. Direct sun most of the day, temps vary from -10 to 100. My first was PPF and ceramic but the others I didn't do anything to.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I'm curious to hear from people here who changed their color configuration how it affected their EDD/VIN/delivery. The person on the other end of the app told me they wouldn't recommend changing the interior color because it will place me at the back of the line, but that doesn't seem to be the case for people who actually changed their order. I remember at least one person in this group who changed their color and actually received a VIN that day.

I'm on order for a white interior but I'm waffling between white and black now...
I think the most important thing is to make the configuration what you ultimately want (or at least, feel best about).
If that means a potentially later delivery; that's better than regretting what you ordered.

Just yesterday, I changed my config from SG/White to Red/Black. My original order date was 4/25; and was priced at the initial 4/23 numbers.
The configuration change was still with those initial numbers. I wanted the Fed tax credit, and with the original numbers, Red/Black was still under 55k.
So far, I haven't seen my EDD change from this configuration change. The EDD is still at 7/12 to 8/16.

So weird that us Bay Area folks are getting pushed to Q2 now especially with the cars being made in our backyard. There aren’t that many orders from folks out here, so it’s annoying they can’t whip up a quick batch and tell us to come to Fremont to pick them up.
I'm in the same boat. I live in the Bay Area, ordered my car on 4/23 and have an EDD of 6/18-6/30.

Quick update for the East coast homies out there.
Last week (Thurs), when I received my VIN, the EDD changed to June 14-21.
This morning, my EDD just changed/improved to June 9-18.
UR/B ordered on 4/23

So, it would appear that my vehicle (which was being transported by railway) is close to or perhaps even has arrived at the distribution center in Maryland. My SA told me once a vehicle arrives at this particular distribution site, it will then be loaded onto and transported to the SC by semi-truck. That transfer process (from distribution center to the SC) typically takes 3-5 days. So, I think there is a very high probably I will be able to pick up the vehicle sometime early next week (perhaps even on June 9, which is this Sunday)! 🤞

Has anyone come up with any ideas why hardly any VINs go out Tuesdays or Wednesdays? Are they producing the cars and using this time to decide where which cars are going to ship to and then that’s why the majority of the VINs are assigned on Thursday-Sat?

I know it’s always been lower on these days, but it seems like this is the least amount of VINs we have seen in a while. Or maybe I’m just getting in my head because I’m anxiously awaiting?
They have a limited number of lines and swap out tooling for different trims. I'd guess that Tues/wed are mostly cranking out other trims.

Few questions. I am sure some of these have been answered here, but it's a lot of work to go through 374 pages of posts to find them :p

1) What are the major benefits of ceramic coating? I know it doesn't protect from chips like PPF can (I don't want to spend the $ on PPF). How big of a difference does it truly make on washing your car? Is the difference truly worth the cost? I like to keep my car clean and plan to wash often, so if it significantly speeds up this process, that could be a major benefit for me.

2) Has there been a more M3P tailored delivery checklist posted? Or the most accurate one to date?

3) Has there been a general consensus on tinting levels (i.e. a good balance between looks, keeping the car cooler, still having adequate vision at night, not being illegal, etc.). I am strongly considering tinting this car, but have not tinted any of my previous vehicles.

Thanks.

I think the most important thing is to make the configuration what you ultimately want (or at least, feel best about).
If that means a potentially later delivery; that's better than regretting what you ordered.

Just yesterday, I changed my config from SG/White to Red/Black. My original order date was 4/25; and was priced at the initial 4/23 numbers.
The configuration change was still with those initial numbers. I wanted the Fed tax credit, and with the original numbers, Red/Black was still under 55k.
So far, I haven't seen my EDD change from this configuration change. The EDD is still at 7/12 to 8/16.
Yeah, the issue is that I'm starting to lean towards black interior (I've had white for 6 years and love it - but I'm starting to feel like something different might be fun). I'd be happy with either, but if I could snap my fingers and change to black interior without affecting my EDD, I probably would. Neither interior color is worth delaying when I'd get the car though. That's why I was wondering what other people's experience has been. I found a few Reddit threads that seemed to suggest anecdotally that changing the color configuration didn't seem to delay their EDD or their VIN.

Reactions: normcaldwell
Yeah, the issue is that I'm starting to lean towards black interior (I've had white for 6 years and love it - but I'm starting to feel like something different might be fun). I'd be happy with either, but if I could snap my fingers and change to black interior without affecting my EDD, I probably would. Neither interior color is worth delaying when I'd get the car though. That's why I was wondering what other people's experience has been. I found a few Reddit threads that seemed to suggest anecdotally that changing the color configuration didn't seem to delay their EDD or their VIN.
Because the ventilated seats are cooled as well as heated, I'm counting on that cooling to make a difference in hot weather with the black interior.

• Love
Reactions: xianking
Not making me feel great about the accuracy of my jun 15-30 EDD in NY when I don't even have a vin yet...
Quick update for the East coast homies out there.
Last week (Thurs), when I received my VIN, the EDD changed to June 14-21.
This morning, my EDD just changed/improved to June 9-18.
UR/B ordered on 4/23

So, it would appear that my vehicle (which was being transported by railway) is close to or perhaps even has arrived at the distribution center in Maryland. My SA told me once a vehicle arrives at this particular distribution site, it will then be loaded onto and transported to the SC by semi-truck. That transfer process (from distribution center to the SC) typically takes 3-5 days. So, I think there is a very high probably I will be able to pick up the vehicle sometime early next week (perhaps even on June 9, which is this Sunday)!

In ordered Red/Black on 4/23 then switched to Red/White on 4/26 when I realized I can get the config I really want and still get the tax credit, just through my LLC instead. I'm picking up tomorrow from Mt Kisco, NY.