Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if the person had a legitimate reason for the second no-show. Like their dog ate their cashier's check? Surely there's some leeway for a few days delay here and there. Accidents do happen.

Nothing about that would need to stop them from unmatching someone from the car. If its an actual emergency thing, no one would actually care about being unmatched from the car and told "let us know when you are ready and we will put you back in the queue".

Making an exception puts Tesla in the space of having to judge whether someone is telling the truth or not. Much simpler to not offer an exception, cant get into trouble that way (unless someone has a personal connection with an SA or something).

Note that in my example the "remind them about the policy about the $250" doesnt mean I think they will keep the $250 after 2 missed appointments. I do think they would unmatch the car though, and remind someone about the $250, then tell them "please reach out when you want to be put back in the queue.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Anyone in MA take delivery yet? I’ve had my vin for 2 weeks and I can’t even get them to give me a straight answer. Most frustrating buying experience I’ve ever had.
You should go to your local Tesla and have them look up your VIN. They can see on their screen the progress of the car (think like tracking a package on UPS). Should at least be able to tell you if it's in transit or if it's arrived in MA.

Just received this message on the App, I have had all my task complete since day of reservation. I replied back and asked more questions.

Attachments

• IMG_3410.jpeg
    IMG_3410.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 5
Weird, their site still has old rates.
The main site says 1.99% (landing page) but when you go to order, they're all old rates.

its 1.99% for 36 months only. If you click the banner with the advertisement rate, it takes you to "finance" and 4.99% (because it defaults to 60 months and thats the rate for 60 months).

You probably are aware, but the performance model does not get these subsidized rates.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd