Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austinite here, I also ordered the SG/White (saw you on the tracker), but a 5/1/24 order date so I definitely won't be the lucky one getting your VIN. It's a total bummer though that they wouldn't hold it...did they tell you how long they are willing to hold the car in cases like this?
There was no way to hold the current car past the delivery date (6/8) so they released the VIN. The order hold is up to two weeks with supposedly no price change and then they will look for a match again. Where in the que I return is the great mystery.

The local guy said he would work with me on the delivery date if a VIN came up to deliver before I came back into town which is about 7 days after the hold. That likely won't happen, and I'd be surprised if I got a VIN before the end of July anyway if things are slowing down as much as they appear with VIN releases. On the bright side, that's money that can sit in high yield savings and earn some more interest while I wait.

Ordered 4/23. UR/BL. No changes since original order. Current EDD 6/10 - 6/30. Previously EDD was in late May/early June and would move a day at a time. Still no VIN. From what I can see on tracker, it appears that few, if any, UR/ BL config have been assigned VINs or had deliveries that ordered on 4/23. Has anyone in Bay Area received a VIN or delivery date for this config in Bay Area yet?
Ordered same day, EDD was similar, 6/12-6/30 and then I got a VIN, 5/20 and delivery request 5/26 for anytime starting 6/1, took delivery yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    677.5 KB · Views: 5
I wanted to do the same, but since I had an older 2018 M3, I'd have to remove the bumper. I showed the SC that Homelink showed as unavailable for the 2024 M3P, and they didn't know why. They recommend I request it through Service on the app to see if the service tech can add it
Wait homelink isn’t available on the M3P?

Edit - I see that myQ is available which is prolly what I was thinking of.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Here's my theory on why the Bay Area customers are getting late June EDDs and why others further away have received their cars.

Assumptions
1. Tesla is trying to reach their Q2 revenue goal.
2. Telsla can only recognize their vehicle revenue when a customer has taken possession of their car (not just paid for it).

Then the most logical way to allocate cars is to first ship cars the furthest away from Fremont, CA allowing for travel time. Then at the very end of June, they can produce cars and Bay Area customers take possession of them within one or two days (because there is no travel time.)

If my theory is correct, I'll be on the late end of my 6/18-6/30 EDD.
Yeah I have the same theory. They're hoping all the Bay Area folks can take delivery at the last minute and won't have vacations around the 4th of July holiday.

I actually will have to push my delivery into July and they won't hit their Q2 numbers because of me. Unless they can get me a delivery scheduled in the next 10 days. Your move Elon!

There was no way to hold the current car past the delivery date (6/8) so they released the VIN. The order hold is up to two weeks with supposedly no price change and then they will look for a match again. Where in the que I return is the great mystery.

The local guy said he would work with me on the delivery date if a VIN came up to deliver before I came back into town which is about 7 days after the hold. That likely won't happen, and I'd be surprised if I got a VIN before the end of July anyway if things are slowing down as much as they appear with VIN releases. On the bright side, that's money that can sit in high yield savings and earn some more interest while I wait.
Having the change to travel abroad is a no brainer decision in terms of just having to wait a bit. Not like you'll be taking it with you, so your car will be that much fresher when you get it!! I bet you'll still get yours before the rest of us, too, as you'll be up in the queue ahead of so many people. My EDD is July 3-August 7, with a 5/1 order date, so if that actually holds up(*ahem*), I could be getting a VIN in just a few weeks, and you'll def be ahead of me.

Besides, you're right, if you're catching near 5% interest, it's not a bad thing! I'm just using my time to plan what accessories, mods, etc. I'll be adding to it once I get a hold of it. Anticipating good things brings us ongoing joy and I trust you'll get to do some traveling AND be able to look forward to a nice little reward when you return.

the video where they removed the wheels showed that there's a metal hoop holding the large aeros in place -- i wonder if there's a way to remove those from outside the wheel? would that make them easier to remove?

Here's my theory on why the Bay Area customers are getting late June EDDs and why others further away have received their cars.

Assumptions
1. Tesla is trying to reach their Q2 revenue goal.
2. Telsla can only recognize their vehicle revenue when a customer has taken possession of their car (not just paid for it).

Then the most logical way to allocate cars is to first ship cars the furthest away from Fremont, CA allowing for travel time. Then at the very end of June, they can produce cars and Bay Area customers take possession of them within one or two days (because there is no travel time.)

If my theory is correct, I'll be on the late end of my 6/18-6/30 EDD.
This is basically what they did the last 4-5 years, with the exception that before Giga Berlin / Shanghai came on line, the first month of a quarter was international shipments, then shipments farther away from fremont, then closer.

Supposedly Tesla was to have ended the "quarter end crunch" but I havent seen evidence that they ended that crunch.

This is basically what they did the last 4-5 years, with the exception that before Giga Berlin / Shanghai came on line, the first month of a quarter was international shipments, then shipments farther away from fremont, then closer.

Supposedly Tesla was to have ended the "quarter end crunch" but I havent seen evidence that they ended that crunch.
What were the reasons they cited for ending the quarter end crunch?

What were the reasons they cited for ending the quarter end crunch?
They never cited any reasons, but remember there was always a lot of "doom and gloom" around whether EVs as a primary product (not a compliance product) could even succeed. Tesla was always pushing quarter end deliveries to increase the number of deliveries from "the previous quarter".

They supposedly stopped doing that, but given last quarters results (and subsequent company actions), I am sure they want to show that as a blip, not a trend (in car deliveries).

I am not much into speaking about "tesla the company", (which is why I mod vehicle forums and dont even visit the "tesla inc" subforum here), but thats the overview of the answer to your question as I see it, anyway.

So hypothetically, what if you agreed to take delivery on a certain date, and then didn't show up? And then apologetically promised to show up in another 3 days. And then did it again. And then finally show up after 9 days to take the car.

Asking for a friend.

• Funny
the video where they removed the wheels showed that there's a metal hoop holding the large aeros in place -- i wonder if there's a way to remove those from outside the wheel? would that make them easier to remove?
I used a flathead screwdriver wrapped in cloth to avoid scratching the wheels. I took my time on each one, prying open the edge and pulling off the rest by hand. The clips are very strong and mark the wheels, but the marks can be easily buffed off. I used the cloth to pull the pieces to avoid hurting my hand

Attachments

• IMG_1566.jpeg
    IMG_1566.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
So hypothetically, what if you agreed to take delivery on a certain date, and then didn't show up? And then apologetically promised to show up in another 3 days. And then did it again. And then finally show up after 9 days to take the car.

Asking for a friend.
Assuming this is a serious question, the most likely thing to happen would be after a person didnt show up that second time, they would unmatch them from the car when they didnt show up for the second one, send them a text message that they did so, and remind them of what it says in the order agreement about keeping the $250.

• Helpful
Assuming this is a serious question, the most likely thing to happen would be after a person didnt show up that second time, they would unmatch them from the car when they didnt show up for the second one, send them a text message that they did so, and remind them of what it says in the order agreement about keeping the $250.
What if the person had a legitimate reason for the second no-show. Like their dog ate their cashier's check? Surely there's some leeway for a few days delay here and there. Accidents do happen.