Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue Black EDD just pushed back to July 6 - August 10. I’m considering just changing to SG/Black, I plan to have it wrapped anyways so blue shouldn’t matter right?
DOE, same boat. no love, I call disicrimanation against the people of blue color preference, we are the 7% minority. (that's what we do in this keyboard warrior, candy butt, society right....)

In seriousness, If you don't care bout color and wrapping anyways, why not get just get the SG and save 1K clams. I guess the color of the wrap may playin to the under color for doorjambs and such.

Happy Page 400 to the thread of Anxiousness, jealousness, and happiness .

Edit: Happy page 401 (got bumped.....Again )

Last edited:
Reactions: Technofy
Was getting frustrated as i was in the same situation, 2 Weeks with a VIN assigned but no update on scheduling for delivery. Finally got my SA to schedule me today after countless days of nagging for updates lol! Delivery set for next tuesday!!!

I would suggest either going in and asking to schedule or nag them just like me lol😆
that just sounds like they are too busy to schedule deliveries and your car just sits there. not right.

What does that mean? I run 265s square on a '23 MP3. I LOVE that over 235. I'm only asking if the wheel/tire clear
Oh, you want to run a square setup with 275s upfront? You'd have to swap them and see if you get any fender rub. I have to imagine they will stick out past the fender a bit. A wider tire is one thing on a 265, keep in mind the rears here have different offset, not just wider rubber.

Edit, looks like you guys took care of this while I was getting my beauty sleep.

Reactions: Jangy and Raptor911
The reps are completely useless. I wouldn’t bother texting them.

Seems like a lot of people would agree with you... but it must be highly location dependent. I reached out to my SA a half dozen times with various questions, asking for an update, etc. since my EDD kept slipping even after I had a VIN. They responded the same day, usually within an hour! I initially mentioned (in this forum, not to them) that the replies were terse but they at least replied and in one instance were able to pinpoint the exact day that my car would be arriving to their SC. Guess they must have "pinged it" as others have said. I guess YMMV as they say.

FWIW I'm disappointed to see VINs slowing down. When I picked mine up at St. Pete yesterday, the SA said they had delivered 5 M3Ps (mine was one of them) and there was another guy there at the same time as me taking delivery of his (same SG/white as mine).

Edit: Oh, forgot to add. I found a sticker in my glovebox that had the exact build date: 5/16. That's the same date my VIN was assigned so if there was any question whether a VIN gets assigned before, during, or after the car is actually built, in my mind that answered that question.

I'm just disappointed that my rep only texts to send me updates and never replies to a single question. Also sucks that after getting the VIN earlier this week, I took care of insurance, financing, paid a sizable downpayment, scheduled my current vehicle early lease return.
Ouch. Yeah, I'm very glad I keep enough cash on hand to float the sale of my current car so I can do it after getting my M3P. A delay after setting when you are getting rid of your current car is nightmare fuel for me.

Can the current Tesla 18” rims fit, or be made to fit ?

"None of the 18″ OEM Tesla wheels fit the M3P because of its larger wheel hub design and clearance issues with the larger brakes. However, there are some 18″ aftermarket wheels that will."

Edit: Oh, forgot to add. I found a sticker in my glovebox that had the exact build date: 5/16. That's the same date my VIN was assigned so if there was any question whether a VIN gets assigned before, during, or after the car is actually built, in my mind that answered that question.
I got my VIN on Wednesday and was able to schedule delivery for the next day. This also happened to another person up here (@sdawg IIRC). VIN one day, picked it up the next.

Has anyone installed the Homelink on their m3p yet?
I requested the part in the app > Service, so we'll see if the tech can add the part to my order and do the install. Scheduled for next Thurs, so I'll let the thread know if they can do it.

As an aside, I tried to get MyQ to work in the meantime. Very strange, adding it on the car brings up a QR code to scan. Scanning it goes to a webpage, where Chamberlain says that the webpage is no longer active, and to add it directly on the car. So I closed all that, put my spare garage opener in the cupholder, and will patiently wait until Thursday.

Homelink really is ideal for me, as I use it to access my parents' and sister's homes. And if I don't want to pay a MyQ subscription, having three households pay it is worse

Last edited: