Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope it’s just in people’s head cause that’s way too many M3Ps with alignment issues.

I wonder if the Fremont Factory “pause” is addressing that
My car pulled to the right immediately after I drove it off the lot. The suspension components need time to settle, which can cause the alignment to shift from the factory settings. Some manufacturers perform an alignment at the factory and then another one at the dealership before delivery.

I’m sad boys. After I wake up or at the end of the day, I used to seeing +20 new pages to read, but now since many people got their M3P, they no longer post anymore and I have less to read each day. I even went to 5N forums and read about their delivery because I’m that bored. Please save me by posting pictures of your M3P. Sure, it’s vanilla M3P, but the people take different angles and lighting are different so makes it unique each time.

After less than a day with the car, I don't mind the turn signals on the wheel. Although I do have to wonder what happens if you sprain your thumb.
If that happens people will adjust. I am a left lower forearm amputee, and while I still much prefer stalks even when on the left side, I have learned to adjust to the button turn signals on our X with only one good right hand.

More than likely the automated message comes from a higher level within Tesla, while the actual scheduled delivery was set up by the responsible Service Center.

Right. I know that now. But there was no way to distinguish it from just another message from my local SC because both came from the same cell phone number. Paige from my local SC was texting me from the same number that Tesla corporate was using so I'd get a message from Paige saying my delivery is Thursday and a couple hours later in the same thread: one from corporate telling me I can take delivery earlier and instructing me to reschedule in the app.

After less than a day with the car, I don't mind the turn signals on the wheel. Although I do have to wonder what happens if you sprain your thumb.

Same here. I have ZERO issues with the turn signals being buttons even though I was convinced that would be a pain. I am, however, still learning how to press the scroll wheels in at the correct angle to click them without also rotating them at the same time. Getting the hang of it.

I’m sad boys. After I wake up or at the end of the day, I used to seeing +20 new pages to read, but now since many people got their M3P, they no longer post anymore and I have less to read each day. I even went to 5N forums and read about their delivery because I’m that bored. Please save me by posting pictures of your M3P. Sure, it’s vanilla M3P, but the people take different angles and lighting are different so makes it unique each time.
I took delivery last week and haven't posted much. Not sure what i can add to this thread anymore.
vultouri.jpg

J/K! I'm here for you all, in spirit.

You need to sprain your thumb and let us know.

:)
What got me thinking about it is that I have an auto-immune disease that causes my fingernails to deteriorate every couple years to where I have very little nail on my fingers. When it happens, doing simple things with my fingertips (like opening a can of soda) becomes pretty painful (and sometimes impossible). I was just picturing the day when having to press the button with my thumb will hurt. Like I said, I like the buttons on the wheel. I just know there will come a point where I will dread changing lanes. Ha ha.

Reactions: P-Lo801
I posted this a few days ago but just want to reiterate that if your trade in offer expires close to your delivery date Tesla can extend the trade in offer. Not sure if this is routine for them but they gave me a week extension when I asked which gets me to delivery day. Some have a reported a significant drop in trade in offer the second time submitting so this is worth asking about if you are in a similar situation.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Looking for reviews for those that came from the previous gen M3P on the ride. I have a '23, and feel the ride is so bouncy on the highway over dips and undulations. I'm sure the aftermarket could solve it, but wondering how much of an improvement folks that came from an older M3P are noticing in the ride.
I won't call it an improvement, since preferences are different. I've had a '21 and still have the '23MP3 to compare. The '24 is much less harsh, especially in the normal setting. But it is NOT like being in a different car.

ALL EVs that I am aware of are slightly heavier than their ICE versions. That added weight is what makes them bouncy. The '23 MP3 is stiff with strong rebound. This one is less bouncy for sure

I saw a reviewer state that he'd rather have the new M3P over the Plaid.
Does this make sense to you or do you think similarly? Or was it just hyperbole?
10000000% fact

The Model S is the perfect car for someone who doesn’t care about cars. The Plaid is that car, plus incredible numbers. The Model 3 is an enthusiasts car. I had rented a Model S Plaid for a week and couldn’t wait to get home and back in my P3. Then, as time went on and the Plaid got cheaper I considered it again. When I got my Cybertruck wrapped the guy doing it lent me his S Plaid. As soon as I gave that car back I ordered the new P3. The M3P is the best car Tesla makes….other than the Cybertruck.