Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are VINs assigned on Sundays?
1717931924435.png

They are teasing me. I got a text yesterday afternoon asking if I wanted to take delivery earlier than my scheduled appointment on 6/10 and if I reply yes they’ll call me to discuss options this weekend.

No call and my location is closed on Sundays. But can’t complain too much since I still am on for Monday but got super excited at the chance of picking up today

That's one of my examples on how Tesla could improve by eliminating contradictory messages. The same thing happened to me: I scheduled with my SC 4 days prior to delivery and for those 4 days, I got one of those "You may be able to take delivery earlier" messages each day. The first time it happened, I texted my SC and they said "That's an automated message from Tesla: please ignore it as your existing Thursday appointment works best".

So looking for advice. I ordered 4/23 sg/black Midwest state. My EDD, like others, has moved a lot. Currently 6/20-6/30.

I am considering switching my delivery location. There are 3 main locations in my state. I went into my current delivery location the other day and they said that they have received no deliveries or VINs that they are aware of for the M3P.

At the same time, a location 2 hours from me in the same state has upwards of 6 VINs on the spreadsheet. Two of which are my exact configuration ordered AFTER me.

Then I find out another delivery location in my state also has several M3Ps there

I am so confused why all these locations within hours of me are getting all these VINs and my location acts like they haven’t seen a single one. I’m worried I am screwing myself my having this location. I don’t mind switching and driving 1-2 hours if it’s going to lead me to getting my car much sooner.

What do you think? How do I proceed from here? I also don’t want to screw myself and delay things if they were just about to deliver more here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's a photo from delivery! Seems like this location was very busy, as I was waiting for a while.

Didn't see too many issues, except for some scratches in the clear-coat around the rear spoiler that they were able to buff out. Then there was a somewhat deeper scratch on the trunk. You could feel it with your finger. Around the front headlight there were two tiny bumps/spots on the paint like a speck of something got under it. We made note of those issues and I've already scheduled service. One other thing is that I heard it making odd squeaking noises once I got home and stepped out. Kinda sounded like bats. I know my Model 3 before never made those noises when it was cooling down. Has anyone else had theirs do this?

Aside from that, I love this thing. It has a firmer, yet smoother ride than my outgoing Long Range thanks to the active suspension, if that makes sense. The interior is so much nicer with the ambient lights and rear screen, and the bucket seats are fantastic. I'll have to work on not catching the bolstering when I get in/out. I do still find myself reaching for the indicator stalk but I'll overcome that soon enough. From a standstill it really punches you. I've launched a Plaid before, which is kinda like tasting forbidden fruit in that it changes your definition of acceleration, but make no mistake, the Model 3 Performance is still crazy. It's ludicrous, even.

View attachment 1054871

I saw a reviewer state that he'd rather have the new M3P over the Plaid.
Does this make sense to you or do you think similarly? Or was it just hyperbole?

Does this make sense to you or do you think similarly? Or was it just hyperbole?
I like the size of the M3P more as I'm used to it already. Would I love to have a Plaid? Sure, but the deal I got here was too good to pass up.

Also, I forgot one important thing. I was only around 50%-60% charge when I was first trying out the acceleration. I went to supercharge and HOLY MOLY. 80% and a warmed up battery made my body feel funny when I hit it from zero.

Last edited:
Go to a track and try and rip around a Model S. The 3 is where it's at for whipping around. Think 3 Series vs 5 Series. Yup, 5 has more power and can be tracked. You really want a BMW M3 for track day though.

That's one of my examples on how Tesla could improve by eliminating contradictory messages. The same thing happened to me: I scheduled with my SC 4 days prior to delivery and for those 4 days, I got one of those "You may be able to take delivery earlier" messages each day. The first time it happened, I texted my SC and they said "That's an automated message from Tesla: please ignore it as your existing Thursday appointment works best".
More than likely the automated message comes from a higher level within Tesla, while the actual scheduled delivery was set up by the responsible Service Center.

Looking for reviews for those that came from the previous gen M3P on the ride. I have a '23, and feel the ride is so bouncy on the highway over dips and undulations. I'm sure the aftermarket could solve it, but wondering how much of an improvement folks that came from an older M3P are noticing in the ride.

Finally took delivery yesterday here in Houston! It’s been a journey but here we are.

Delivery Recap: I arrived at Tesla 15 minutes prior to my delivery time. There were 3 families waiting for their vehicle before I arrived and they lined us to take delivery about 5 minutes prior to the actual delivery time. The line moved fast and I signed some paperwork. After the paperwork was done, the Tesla advisor popped the trunk of my M3P from afar so that I can walk to the vehicle. Funny enough another older couple were taking delivery of their M3P with the same configuration (W/B) at the same exact time. The Tesla advisor told me to walk to the vehicle and someone would come over and go through some of the features of the vehicle. I waited almost 30 minutes and no one showed up lol. Since it was my first EV I wanted to wait for a SA to possibly provide some tips but grew impatient and just left.

Driving Impressions: Holy sh*t this thing is FAST! Coming from a Type R, this thing just pulls. I did notice that the steering had a bit of a bias to the right. Haven’t really gotten a chance to test the handling much but will do so later. Seats are narrower than I expected (I’m 5’6, 160lbs) and even my siblings made a comment about how narrow the seats felt and how their legs felt so tightly together. Coming from a Type R which also have racing seats, these definitely feel narrower.

Finally took delivery yesterday here in Houston! It’s been a journey but here we are.

Delivery Recap: I arrived at Tesla 15 minutes prior to my delivery time. There were 3 families waiting for their vehicle before I arrived and they lined us to take delivery about 5 minutes prior to the actual delivery time. The line moved fast and I signed some paperwork. After the paperwork was done, the Tesla advisor popped the trunk of my M3P from afar so that I can walk to the vehicle. Funny enough another older couple were taking delivery of their M3P with the same configuration (W/B) at the same exact time. The Tesla advisor told me to walk to the vehicle and someone would come over and go through some of the features of the vehicle. I waited almost 30 minutes and no one showed up lol. Since it was my first EV I wanted to wait for a SA to possibly provide some tips but grew impatient and just left.

Driving Impressions: Holy sh*t this thing is FAST! Coming from a Type R, this thing just pulls. I did notice that the steering had a bit of a bias to the right. Haven’t really gotten a chance to test the handling much but will do so later. Seats are narrower than I expected (I’m 5’6, 160lbs) and even my siblings made a comment about how narrow the seats felt and how their legs felt so tightly together. Coming from a Type R which also have racing seats, these definitely feel narrower.
The Type R is nice BUT it is not fast. EVs are on another level due to the instant torque. Even the Model 3 LR would spank the Type R

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Looking for reviews for those that came from the previous gen M3P on the ride. I have a '23, and feel the ride is so bouncy on the highway over dips and undulations. I'm sure the aftermarket could solve it, but wondering how much of an improvement folks that came from an older M3P are noticing in the ride.
There a few reviews out there comparing the last M3P and current M3P. This is long one BUT they go into detail the differences:

very recent review:

Last edited:
Reactions: jose3030