Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question
This is my first EV.Plus it will be brand new. I know with ice cars there is a break in period. Don’t drive over 60, or don’t do zero to 60 until the break in mileage.
Is there any break in period with these cars. Can I take it to the track or can I out run a Mclaren first day out?
I appreciate all the advice in advance🙏🏽
There is not a break-in period. That is an ICE thing.

The S is definitely the best looker in the lineup but I assure you, you’ve made the right choice. Enjoy! 😊
I always loved the MS. I almost got one in 2021, but I couldn’t get into the yoke steering, so I canceled my order. The prices were outrageous then anyway.

When I came back to look at a Tesla this year, I drove the MY, MS, and M3 Highland. Before the Highland M3, the S was a clear step above the M3 and MY, but now it doesn’t feel like you are getting $40K more car for the money.

The LR MS is still nice, but it felt like $20K better than the M3 Highland, not $40K better. The MS is probably is due for a big refresh in 2025.

Question
This is my first EV.Plus it will be brand new. I know with ice cars there is a break in period. Don’t drive over 60, or don’t do zero to 60 until the break in mileage.
Is there any break in period with these cars. Can I take it to the track or can I out run a Mclaren first day out?
I appreciate all the advice in advance🙏🏽
The closest thing to a break in period is the camera calibration. Can still drive however you want but some features aren't available.

CA folks who took delivery:

How deep into your EDD range did the VIN come and how soon after getting a VIN did you take delivery? Feels like a lot of folks haven’t punched in all their dates into tracker, so I have no idea what to expect right now.
I was looking at the tracker and trying to figure out the same thing. Seems like in west coast people have been taking deliveries within a week of getting vins. In the east it seems like 2 weeks of getting the vin. If my observation is correct we should be getting a vin within one or two weeks of our estimated delivery date until unless the edd changes.

Maybe I missed this but shocked no one else has this issue on their new M3Ps.

Ever since I drove off the lot, I can hear the inserts in the wheels make a creaking noise every time I drive at low speeds. Curious if anyone else hears this, less of a creak and sounds more like dirt or sand is being thrown against the insides.

Will make a thread if I need to but wonder if they just need to wear in a bit or if this is something I should report.
Performance version comes with summer tires. It's normal for the tires to pick up debris from the road and it gets flung up into the wheel wells.

Took delivery at 4pm sharp today. Took 30 minutes or more checking the car out to find everything to seem fine in and out even had my father looking it over as well. 25 minute drive home with zero rattles zero squeaks. Put it in insane from the moment I left the lot and boogied a bit but didn’t want my old man to get lost getting back. He’s not from that area. Once I got to an area he was familiar with I left him and a new wrx might have tried to keep up from a roll but not sure 🤷🏻‍♂️ a challenger was about to as he decided to ride my bumper but I wanted it to line up and he made a uturn right after he got out of my lane. These cars are so new a lot of folks don’t know what they are capable of yet. Gets the Stealth PPF next week. Gotta remove the caps after the kids go to sleep.

Attachments

• IMG_1602.jpeg
    IMG_1602.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 3
Took delivery at 4pm sharp today. Took 30 minutes or more checking the car out to find everything to seem fine in and out even had my father looking it over as well. 25 minute drive home with zero rattles zero squeaks. Put it in insane from the moment I left the lot and boogied a bit but didn’t want my old man to get lost getting back. He’s not from that area. Once I got to an area he was familiar with I left him and a new wrx might have tried to keep up from a roll but not sure 🤷🏻‍♂️ a challenger was about to as he decided to ride my bumper but I wanted it to line up and he made a uturn right after he got out of my lane. These cars are so new a lot of folks don’t know what they are capable of yet. Gets the Stealth PPF next week. Gotta remove the caps after the kids go to sleep.
Man that looks good! I am glad that I ordered the same! Post a pic after removing the caps.

Any current owners who took delivery a few weeks ago having any problems with the vehicle? My car has a very concerning shudder coming from the middle bottom of the vehicle when speeding up from 0 or slowing down to 0 (not rapidly, at any speeds). I’m worried this could be an issue similar to the Model S/X shudder. The vehicle stuttering and vibrating is the best way I can describe it

Very Pretty! What all are you having PPF put on?

Any current owners who took delivery a few weeks ago having any problems with the vehicle? My car has a very concerning shudder coming from the middle bottom of the vehicle when speeding up from 0 or slowing down to 0 (not rapidly, at any speeds). I’m worried this could be an issue similar to the Model S/X shudder. The vehicle stuttering and vibrating is the best way I can describe it
That’s concerning! I’m not having that issues…the car is as smooth as glass! Please keep us updated along the way?

I was looking at the tracker and trying to figure out the same thing. Seems like in west coast people have been taking deliveries within a week of getting vins. In the east it seems like 2 weeks of getting the vin. If my observation is correct we should be getting a vin within one or two weeks of our estimated delivery date until unless the edd changes.
Makes sense considering transportation time.

Reactions: hkarthik and arkhos
Well I can do 20 for you: 10 to Walmart and 10 home. Half the drive is country roads going 50-60 MPH with no lights and the other half is in "town": 45-50 MPH with traffic lights about every half mile. Sunny with temps between 90 and 92F. We don't really have "hills" in FL but the trip there loses maybe 40 feet of elevation while the trip back obviously gains that 40 feet back. I'm in Insane mode 100% of the time and don't see any noticeable difference in wH/mi coming from my 2021 LR taking the same trip in the same conditions. Trip there was 233 wH/mi while the trip back was 265, partly due to the elevation rise and partly because the interior was heat soaked and the AC ran full steam for probably 25% of the trip.

View attachment 1055011
View attachment 1055012
What app is that tracking your trips?