Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI to anyone wanting to remove the Aero covers:

There is no need to remove the wheels from the car. A member in my facebook group posted a method of popping them out using a nylon pry tool. I just tried it and it works great.
indeed! found this quick video showing aero removal:

and putting them back on:

(i still can't make my mind which looks best 😆)

indeed! found this quick video showing aero removal:

and putting them back on:

(i still can't make my mind which looks best 😆)
IMG_1685.jpeg
IMG_1686.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I took delivery of my SG/WHT today at 3/4pm in Buena Park. Great build quality, front hood is just ever so slightly to the right but nothing that can't be handled later on by myself. Everything else seems to be in great condition. Took delivery with 5 miles on the odo. Pulls harder than previous M3P during the butt dyno test. I don't yet notice any alignment issues but will take it to get aligned soon anyway just because it's fresh. Hopefully tint in the coming weeks as well. Put in all my accessories that I've been accumulating since order date.

SG is way nicer in person than in photos, unless you're shooting in the right conditions. Loving the white seats and the heat rejection it provides. Going to ceramic coat the seats myself in the next few days. Ride quality is also great, reminds me of a stiff sporty BMW suspension. I like to feel the road and have a certain level of cushion as well. Def feels more engaging than the LR ride. This is my first Tesla and it's a great first experience so far :)

No photos yet but will have some soon when I get a chance.
What are you using for the coating on the seats?

Since someone asked earlier, the Tesla pet cover does fit well. The loops just sit higher up on the front seats than the non-Performance ones. Depends on how you feel with it possibly putting pressure on the head rests. Door covers seemed fine as well. As someone who used to have a 90 pound greyhound, I would recommend. The door inserts will save you from all the slobber. You can also throw all the pieces in the washer/dryer for easy cleaning.

View attachment 1055131View attachment 1055132
how do the door pieces stay up? i've always used the 20 dollar Costco pet covers and they usually break in 2 years, but i bought 4

curious of your thoughts on this - I jumped after the first price bump but before the second one, so I can get every color but red with the tax rebate.

That said, my wife currently has a gray Model Y and I have a blue Golf R as my other car, so figured I should strike those colors from the list. I don’t like white cars, so the easy decision (or so it seems) was black.

However given that I always like to make things difficult, I’m wondering if I should switch to something else. Would I be crazy to have two blue or two gray cars? 😂😵‍💫
Black is low-key the best color on this car. You'll be just fine :)

Took delivery today. Very concerned about the spongy brake feeling. I have a 2018 performance and the brake pedal feels solid and strong. Has anyone figured out what's going on or talked to Tesla service about the brakes? Does it just slowly get stronger on it's own after driving it?
I have the same lack of braking power, although i have not really used the brakes much.. the consensus seems to be these pads require break in. I'll update in a week.

1718025904380.png

Last edited:
What got me thinking about it is that I have an auto-immune disease that causes my fingernails to deteriorate every couple years to where I have very little nail on my fingers. When it happens, doing simple things with my fingertips (like opening a can of soda) becomes pretty painful (and sometimes impossible). I was just picturing the day when having to press the button with my thumb will hurt. Like I said, I like the buttons on the wheel. I just know there will come a point where I will dread changing lanes. Ha ha.

Ouch. Maybe you can press the buttons with the part of your thumb where the joint is to avoid pressure on the pad of digit.

For anyone who might need another option, I saw a vendor post about aftermarket stalks that look oem.

Any current owners who took delivery a few weeks ago having any problems with the vehicle? My car has a very concerning shudder coming from the middle bottom of the vehicle when speeding up from 0 or slowing down to 0 (not rapidly, at any speeds). I’m worried this could be an issue similar to the Model S/X shudder. The vehicle stuttering and vibrating is the best way I can describe it

I just took delivery last week but my car was an early build, built on 5/16. I don't have any shudders or vibrations from mine. In fact, it is way smoother than my 2021 in every way. I'd recommend having service look at it. That's the great benefit of a new car: those problems are Tesla's problems and they'll fix it.

Question
This is my first EV.Plus it will be brand new. I know with ice cars there is a break in period. Don’t drive over 60, or don’t do zero to 60 until the break in mileage.
Is there any break in period with these cars. Can I take it to the track or can I out run a Mclaren first day out?
I appreciate all the advice in advance🙏🏽
I pick mine up in the morning and the track opens 3 hours later. I will definitely be there as long as the weather cooperates.

Yeah, I've been a TeslaFi user since 2021. I find it very useful.
Are the notes icon described in the calendar user-added notes? Besides all the data tracking and analysis which is already worth it, this might be a convenient place to track tire mileage since I'm going to have winter/summer tires.
Any updated drone action at the Fremont factory? Curious if it still looks like a ghost town. Considering we only had 2 VINs added to the tracker yesterday, I am assuming so. Can't wait to see who the lucky ONE is today!
You can keep an eye on him: https://www.youtube.com/@metgodinwilderness7130/videos

Hmm, your brakes have white lettering while the marketing photos show black lettering. I know just a cosmetic detail, but makes me wonder if they’re installing the old m3p brakes on some of these (including the pads which supposedly did change)
Only thing I've been able to find with black lettering is the CG CAD-exploded view on the main M3P page. AFAICT, they've never said anything more about brake changes other than the track pad material now coming standard.

After a full day and a grand total of 186 miles I want to expand on my previous one word review of ‘wow’. Note that many of my thoughts are comparing to the 2021.

The great: Looks with speed to back it up. This is really a ‘mini’ or ‘baby’ S. It’s sleeker, sportier, more aggressive than the previous version. With the differences between the regular M3 and the M3P, it really is something special. Acceleration is… insane. Take off from any speed is instantaneous. I’m glad the headrests are soft because the back of your head does make contact if you’re not prepared. I can see why they had to add wider rear tires to get all of the power to the ground.

Speaking of the headrests. The interior feels more premium. Maybe it was built for me (6 ft, 175 lbs) but the seat bolstering is perfect. The interior noise is also so quiet. I can hear everything inside and nothing from the outside. No wind noise. Door closing feels more solid. The processor is also noticeably better than the 2021. Loading apps is so much quicker. It’s like going from an iPhone 8 to iPhone 15.

The suspension / handling. I can really tell a difference between sport and standard. In sport it feels like it's being held to the road by a magnet during spirited driving. And standard is so much smoother than our 2021 model.

Did I mention the acceleration? Insane.

The ok: I had a few times when I swiped at the turn signal stalk but my behavior quickly changed and I might actually like pushing the button with my thumb better than moving the stalk! I was worried about this. One positive of this is how I rest my hand to reduce nag. I put it through the bottom left spoke of the wheel and in my 2021 with some turns my hand would hit the stalk. Now it spins with my hand in place. On the other hand – literally – the other stalk is still causing me to have to stop and think. Sure, leaving from a parking space is easy with the auto-shift but 3 pt turns are a pain and either I can’t figure it out or the car can’t figure out how to make this more automatic. I have to 3 pt turn to go into my garage since I back in.

The ambient lighting is also pretty cool. I wasn’t as excited about this as some people and my views on a colorful interior were negative. After turning it on and changing to some different colors I am happy to report it looks classy, like a spaceship and not how my 16 year old nephews ‘customized’ Honda Del Sol looks inside.

If I am trying to nitpick: The ventilated seats are weak in my view. Compared to the Yukon Denali which is the only other vehicle I have spent a lot of time in with ventilated seats. The ventilated seats are also noisy. A side effect of how quiet the interior is.

The big white door panels are also a bit much. Maybe they will grow on me. They are a nice, easy to clean material though. BTW I am really digging to try to nitpick here.

No heated rear middle seat? I get it, it’s a performance car, not a family sedan but I do have 3 kids who ask me to warm up their butts occasionally and now one kid who is already disadvantaged by getting the middle seat also has to have a cold butt. Maybe as a benefit to make up for it, they will be the YouTube decider with the rear screen.

I don’t really like the way the wheels look with the aero inserts (personal preference). They also get very gray and dusty because of the gravel road I have to travel on. I plan on taking the inserts out to see how I feel about it then.

Last edited:
My car pulled to the right immediately after I drove it off the lot. The suspension components need time to settle, which can cause the alignment to shift from the factory settings. Some manufacturers perform an alignment at the factory and then another one at the dealership before delivery.

So given enough room, the car goes in circles. 😄

I’m sad boys. After I wake up or at the end of the day, I used to seeing +20 new pages to read, but now since many people got their M3P, they no longer post anymore and I have less to read each day. I even went to 5N forums and read about their delivery because I’m that bored. Please save me by posting pictures of your M3P. Sure, it’s vanilla M3P, but the people take different angles and lighting are different so makes it unique each time.

It only took me a few minutes to catch up to the last page. It’s official, this thread is practically dead!! Everyone has post delivery clarity.

Give it a few days and here come “my ac smells like moldy socks” and “why aren’t I getting 303 miles” threads lol.

Only thing I've been able to find with black lettering is the CG CAD-exploded view on the main M3P page. AFAICT, they've never said anything more about brake changes other than the track pad material now coming standard.
If you force the configurator to show the 19" wheels, it shows black lettering. Pretty sure the 20" do too, but it's conveniently hidden behind the aero covers.

1718028548609.png

1718028567454.png

Not a huge issue obviously, but like I said, makes me wonder if it's an oversight on the marketing pages or if they're installing the old parts (which typically come preloaded with pads, so would make me wonder about the pads). The S/X Plaid do have black lettering, so initially I thought they were updating things to be consistent across the models

Reactions: Jangy
No heated rear middle seat? I get it, it’s a performance car, not a family sedan but I do have 3 kids who ask me to warm up their butts occasionally and now one kid who is already disadvantaged by getting the middle seat also has to have a cold butt. Maybe as a benefit to make up for it, they will be the YouTube decider with the rear screen.
This seems to be a highland change not specific to the M3P. I was surprised as well. Seems to be just a cost saving thing. I also have 3 kids and they all love the rear heated seats in my 2021 LR. There is definitely going to be some arguing about the middle seat now. That being said it's not common to have a heated middle seat in a sports sedan, just got spoiled by the prior first gen M3.