Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can almost guarantee you it is in fact the inserts. It almost sounds like dirt is being flung up against them but not possible when going 1 mph. I know its sounds odd and I wouldn't think the wheels are flexing but not really sure of any other explanation other than the fittings being super tight and there being some flex when moving around. Someone else noticed it on the thread I made as well so not just me.

Here is a vid of the sound. Watch IMG_7655 | Streamable

also its not only one insert, sounds like its coming from all 4 wheels
My wife heard the same noise from mine when I was backing out of our drive while she stood next to the car the other day. I heard it today myself in the drive-thru at Wendy’s getting my frosty after I ditched the kids for a quick “drive”. So you’re not crazy brother!

My wife heard the same noise from mine when I was backing out of our drive while she stood next to the car the other day. I heard it today myself in the drive-thru at Wendy’s getting my frosty after I ditched the kids for a quick “drive”. So you’re not crazy brother!
Mine does it too! I really only hear it when I back out of my garage. My 2021 M3 also made the sound when the wheel covers were on.

Reactions: JezzaE
My Model X and Model Y P also does this noise. If I remember correctly, its because theres a sticker in the tire that they didn't remove so its rubbing against something and squeaking.

@CheesyWhales Where did you take delivery? John young, Clearmont? Any issues other than busy, or reason to try a another area delivery center?
Mine was at the John Young location. I don't remember the name of my delivery guy but he was very nice and diligent with those of us picking up our cars. We did our inspection and he was very helpful, putting notes in their system as we found those little paint issues.

I think you'd be just fine picking up at this location if it's more convenient to you. They just seemed busy/understaffed. I think I might have been waiting for like an hour or two longer than expected. Some of the others mentioned their delivery date was on Wednesday but got rescheduled to the Saturday so that might have had something to do with it.

Reactions: sgtauto
Crazy, I just placed my order last night and have a VIN this evening, <24 hrs. Anyone else have this experience?
Oof... Congrats, please tell me you're West Coast. Over on the East Coast we still don't have vins for orders placed 45 minutes after orders opened a month and a half ago... Not your fault and I'm glad for you, but it stings a bit out on the forgotten coast.

I wasn't even going to share this thought as I think it's probably crazy but everyone loves a good conspiracy theory so here goes...

What if the slowdown of deliveries is because they are trying to stall to give time for FSD 12.4.1 to be fully released? I know they are really pushing FSD and making new owners take an FSD test drive prior to delivery plus giving the month free FSD. What if they just want better FSD first impressions when the cars are delivered?
Then I'd have a vin already since I'm buying FSD outright and already own another Tesla with FSD purchased outright.

Im a little confused by the "Making new owners take a FSD test drive" statement that was made previously. I havent read that before, and even tied to a conspiracy theory, that statement doesnt compute for me so I figure either its hyperbole or I have majorly missed something.
Elon previously had made some comment about wanting to make everyone try FSD during pickup but I figure that's coming in "two weeks" (tm).

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Found this in the model Y thread someone posted. Looks like we are entering the great depression boys
Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 12.49.25 PM.png

So, I was all set to sell my 2021 M3LR to Carvana on Monday, but landed a stomach bug in Europe and had to delay my flight back home, and my deal with Carvana by one day. Since it was 'past my offer window', they reassessed. Dropped another $1k in value by missing my appointment by a single day. :eek:

My EDD was updated again to June 12 - June 21st, the SA said "we hope it will be here in the next 7 days", but they weren't any more forthcoming than that.

Isn’t there a significant difference in the amount of speakers as well?

Using old man memory but I think the 2021 was either 14 or 15 speakers while the new one is 18. Anyway, if those numbers aren't exact, at least I'm confident the new car has more. Speaker breakin makes sense and I can accept that. The only thing that bothers me is that when I got my 2021 (new), I cranked the stereo and was blown away by how good it was: best I've ever heard in a car. In the 2024, I was a little underwhelmed particularly at the volume level and slightly muffled bass. Why would the 2021 have no discernable breakin while the 2024 does? Different speaker design/materials?

The big day is finally here, a day early! My SA reached out yesterday and let me know I could pick up earlier if I’d like… I thought to myself, “IF?!!!”. I would’ve been there 20 mins after getting the message (dealer is 25 mins away lol) if that was an option! 😆
Wish me luck and no damage, issues or last minute postponements. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@mpgxsvcd Was yours there? Did you see a bunch? Get any pictures? haha
Mine is delayed until Thursday. It is in Alabama right now. I couldn’t see the black one but the guy said it was there in the back getting the pdi. The Black one is the only one Raleigh has right now. I think two Red ones will show up at noon on Thursday. Mine is one of those.

Reactions: Crimmy