Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the car seat covers safe with a car seat? I was told that you shouldn’t use them because the car seat won’t tighten as close to the seat as it would without it which could leads to the car seat moving more during an accident.
There's little rubber dots all over the rear of the covers to keep them secure. I checked the manufacturer of my car seats Graco Help Center and they said it's permitted as long as there's less than 1-inch of movement. So, check the car seat manufacturer requirements I suppose?

Took delivery yesterday!

Had too much fun to take more pictures then got it covered in bugs so it will need a wash tonight.

This is my first Tesla and it is absolutely amazing, I cannot believe how fast this thing is.

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 5
Are the car seat covers safe with a car seat? I was told that you shouldn’t use them because the car seat won’t tighten as close to the seat as it would without it which could leads to the car seat moving more during an accident.
I have 2 kids, oldest is 5. Have been using the seat covers for car seats for 5 years and have never once heard that they are unsafe. I'd highly recommend you get a car seat that has the LATCH system which drastically improves the security of the fit

Does this brake pedal position seem correct? Going back and forth between my now sold '18 M3 and my new M3P it seems the brake pedal is slightly misaligned and too close to the accelerator pedal. I measured 5 1/4" between the center "tunnel" and the brake pedal which barely leaves room for my 4 3/4" wide shoe to fit. Unfortunately I failed to also measure the distance in my old M3 before I sold it but it never felt this tight. I'm leaving for a camping trip so I don't have time to visit a dealer that has a M3P to measure and compare.

Could someone with a new M3P check their brake pedal position and let me know if I'm just being paranoid?

M3P brake pedal position.jpg

Other than this issue I'm thoroughly loving my new "hot rod" M3P! Many thanks.

I don't think it's just an east coast thing. I'm in FL and ordered second hour on release day and I took delivery last Thursday (June 6). I believe someone here from NC also took delivery last week. Honestly, I don't know what drives the order in which the cars are made/delivered.

I would say the solution is, leave them removed (ditch them).
Is the movement/sound coming from the five big aero covers, or the five small ones; or both?

Just had an update via the app. My trade in was just accepted, it had been pending since ordering. Oddly, I have a trade in already from Tesla, it was done the day I ordered the car when I was at the service center talking to a sales guy. Needless to say the "accepted" trade in was more than $2k less than the trade I already have, so I rejected it. My EDD went from end of June to end of July, no surprise there. What I find interesting is I went through the app to change interior color from White to Black the system will not allow me to make any changes at this point where I was able to change it as of yesterday??

Just had an update via the app. My trade in was just accepted, it had been pending since ordering. Oddly, I have a trade in already from Tesla, it was done the day I ordered the car when I was at the service center talking to a sales guy. Needless to say the "accepted" trade in was more than $2k less than the trade I already have, so I rejected it. My EDD went from end of June to end of July, no surprise there. What I find interesting is I went through the app to change interior color from White to Black the system will not allow me to make any changes at this point where I was able to change it as of yesterday??
Just logged in to check. I can no longer edit my order either. Not sure when it was last editable however.

Does this brake pedal position seem correct? Going back and forth between my now sold '18 M3 and my new M3P it seems the brake pedal is slightly misaligned and too close to the accelerator pedal. I measured 5 1/4" between the center "tunnel" and the brake pedal which barely leaves room for my 4 3/4" wide shoe to fit. Unfortunately I failed to also measure the distance in my old M3 before I sold it but it never felt this tight. I'm leaving for a camping trip so I don't have time to visit a dealer that has a M3P to measure and compare.

Could someone with a new M3P check their brake pedal position and let me know if I'm just being paranoid?

View attachment 1055462

1718121815532.png

Kinda hard to tell as I'm not sure the angles are the same.

View attachment 1055462

I measured exactly 6". (And I'm talking about the brake pedal! Get your minds out of the gutter!)

I took delivery of my SG/WHT today at 3/4pm in Buena Park. Great build quality, front hood is just ever so slightly to the right but nothing that can't be handled later on by myself. Everything else seems to be in great condition. Took delivery with 5 miles on the odo. Pulls harder than previous M3P during the butt dyno test. I don't yet notice any alignment issues but will take it to get aligned soon anyway just because it's fresh. Hopefully tint in the coming weeks as well. Put in all my accessories that I've been accumulating since order date.

SG is way nicer in person than in photos, unless you're shooting in the right conditions. Loving the white seats and the heat rejection it provides. Going to ceramic coat the seats myself in the next few days. Ride quality is also great, reminds me of a stiff sporty BMW suspension. I like to feel the road and have a certain level of cushion as well. Def feels more engaging than the LR ride. This is my first Tesla and it's a great first experience so far :)

No photos yet but will have some soon when I get a chance.
That's where my Tesla will be most likely delivered. Did you see any additional M3Ps?

Is there any solution to protecting the seats from car seats? I have two young kiddos so will need to have two car seats in the back. This will be my first Tesla, the M3P.

Is there any type of cover/suggestions to protect the seats as much as possible? My understanding is that any barrier between the seat and the car seat is unsafe and loosens the fit. On my previous cars I have just sucked it up and accepted the indents on the seats, but this makes me very sad with the new M3P lol.
i just use white towels, and they have protected my MY's seats for about three years of car seats without damage; can't speak to the safety of it, but i just clamp them down HARD (tightening with all my strength while kneeling and bouncing on the seat) and the carseats feel very secure (don't move at all, which IIRC the safety guidance is they should move less than one inch)

Reactions: mousekiks
i just use white towels, and they have protected my MY's seats for about three years of car seats without damage; can't speak to the safety of it, but i just clamp them down HARD (tightening with all my strength while kneeling and bouncing on the seat) and the carseats feel very secure (don't move at all, which IIRC the safety guidance is they should move less than one inch)
Haha I am happy to hear I am not the only one who secures them by getting on top of the seat, jamming my knee into it, and pushing down while pulling the strap. It’s harder than leg day to install one of these damn things securely.

I don't think it's just an east coast thing. I'm in FL and ordered second hour on release day and I took delivery last Thursday (June 6). I believe someone here from NC also took delivery last week. Honestly, I don't know what drives the order in which the cars are made/delivered.

I would say the solution is, leave them removed (ditch them).
It seems to be specifically the North East. Plenty of deliveries down south but very, very few deliveries or vins north of Virginia.