Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I have some speculation.

Show of hands here who has EDD of between 6-15 and 6-30? And is in CA?

My speculation is that there is going to a big push out of the factory during this time frame.
I feel like this past week was spent pushing out some of the model Y with the 0.99 as well as the new silver color.

My current EDD is 6/20 - 6/30 SG/Blk socal with order date of 5/5

Alright we finally hit a new record for VINS today!!! Zero on the tracker. Literally can't go any slower than that unless they revoke someone's VIN lmao
Cornelius from the EDD department just called, he wants his VIN back.
IMG_1270.jpeg

Ok I have some speculation.

Show of hands here who has EDD of between 6-15 and 6-30? And is in CA?

My speculation is that there is going to a big push out of the factory during this time frame.
I feel like this past week was spent pushing out some of the model Y with the 0.99 as well as the new silver color.

My current EDD is 6/20 - 6/30 SG/Blk socal with order date of 5/5
6/13-6/27 SoCal SG/Wht OD 5/18

Are you seeing any m3p being made or do you think production stalled?
I think they are pre-allocating to a few select locations where there more unfulfilled orders and higher demand. Probably NorCal orders are getting the shaft because there are more enthusiasts and overall order volume in SoCal.

I think if you live in an area where fewer people drive performance cars, you will just have to wait longer for delivery.

I think they are pre-allocating to a few select locations where there more unfulfilled orders and higher demand. Probably NorCal orders are getting the shaft because there are more enthusiasts and overall order volume in SoCal.

I think if you live in an area where fewer people drive performance cars, you will just have to wait longer for delivery.
Hahah you and me both within spitting distance to the Fremont factory
OD: 4/23 am in shambles

Reactions: hkarthik
Is there any solution to protecting the seats from car seats? I have two young kiddos so will need to have two car seats in the back. This will be my first Tesla, the M3P.

Is there any type of cover/suggestions to protect the seats as much as possible? My understanding is that any barrier between the seat and the car seat is unsafe and loosens the fit. On my previous cars I have just sucked it up and accepted the indents on the seats, but this makes me very sad with the new M3P lol.
Gotcha, protecting your Tesla M3P seats from kiddo car seats is smart thinking! Yeah, you don't wanna mess with the safety of those seats, but there are seat covers out there that offer a good balance. Like TESERY's Tesla seat covers for Model 3 Highland—they're made to keep your seats in tip-top shape while still being safe. They're easy to clean, which is a total win with two little ones. Plus, they look pretty sleek too. Take a gander at 'em.

tesla seat covers.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
So this is a really dumb question but I’ll ask anyways. Would it be possible to accept delivery of the vehicle without actually being there in person? Just concerned that I might be out of town and it might be a few days past the 14 day hold they would place on the vehicle.
Hey, if you're trying to find a dog seat cover that fits the M3P's distinctive seats, you're definitely on the right track asking around. The Tesla Model 3 seat covers by TESERY are getting some good word-of-mouth. They're designed to fit snugly, which is perfect for protecting against those dog days. Plus, they come in a bunch of colors, so you can keep your car looking sharp. They might just hit the spot for you.