Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some things to be aware of and to check when you pick up your car on delivery day.

Thought the video was mostly fine. The only off putting part was the strong victim mentality towards the damage on the bottom. Dont convince me, go convince Tesla?, I believe you but we cant help you dude. I know it sucks that brand new cars come with defects or damage, happens with all brands but this video should be a lesson in inspect everything top and bottom before you leave. Got to note this stuff before you drive off. I've done this with every car I have ever purchased. Otherwise they will quickly shift the blame to you, especially after 500 miles.

I have a childhood friend who is pretty high up at Tesla, (I try not to bother him or ask for favors) he told me congrats on the M3P(First Tesla), inspect every inch before you drive off and refuse if you spot any issues, and forewarned me their service is absolutely terrible after the sale and to let him know if I need help with service.

I ordered 6/8, I jokingly told him my ETA is July-Aug. He told me get ready, you're going to get it soon. Not sure what that was supposed to mean but seems a positive sign that Elon is pushing to finish the quarter strong. (Obviously) Just not sure how hard you can push after all those layoffs and being distracted with his shareholder vote this past week. Fingers crossed

My guy, there are people on this forum who ordered DAY 1 and haven't received their VINs yet. You'd be lucky to get the car by September, lol.
There were two mid-May Fremont orders who got VINs five and two hours after ordering. There’s also a 4/23 Fremont order who still doesn’t have a VIN.

4/23 and June orders same spec at the same location in the Midwest with the June order that got a VIN.

This is why we have the running joke that Elon personally hired a monkey that pulls orders out of a hat all day that determines who gets a VIN.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is prioritizing delivering new orders without the tax credit and the higher price over existing orders that qualify for the tax credit due to release pricing.

I could have gotten the car sooner if I'd switched to some of the inventory cars that showed up if I had been willing to lose my tax credit. Definitely feels like that's the only explanation for random orders coming two weeks after mine, but getting almost immediate delivery in CA.

Reactions: Raptor911
Tesla is screwing me now on my trade in. I received a number from them in the S/C, I then bought the car that same day. The app kept showing pending but then a few days ago it updated to a number more than $2k less than what I have in writing from the S/C. This feels like a complete bait and switch scam. I bought based on assumptions from them. Where else are you folks selling your cars?
they dropped mine from 25k to 20k in a day or two. sold it thru KBB dealer for 25k

Reactions: zeroifex
How many VINs have we gotten today? Zero on the tracker. Yesterday we had 11, so was getting excited again, but seems like we are back to minimal VINs again (Friday's have historically been the days with the highest VIN placements). I think any trend we have tried to prove has been shown again and again to be false lol.

I just started reading the approximately 500 pages of this thread (still reading) anyway, thought
I would post my sad story:
Black/Black
Ordered 4/23/2024 at 4:45PM CDT
RN121550xxx
No trade in
Cash
Qualified for rebate
Minneapolis, MN area
EDDs:
May - June when ordered on 4/23
June after 7 days
July 6 - August 17 after 10 days
June 5 - June 30 after 20 days
June 25 - June 30 after 32 days
June 13 - June 30 after 41 days
July 3 - July 31 after 49 days

Quick update, shout out to George at the Warminster Pa S/C. He got my trade in back to the number quoted me in late May AND found a SG/White interior sitting the Pittsburgh showroom. He called their manager and I just got the VIN assigned to me!! Less than thrilled to drive to Pittsburgh (4 plus hours) but I'm happy otherwise.
I'm confused. The SA was able to sell you the car sitting in the showroom? How was that even an option?

Reactions: cptnslo
Fun facts about ride height comparisons between a 2023 MP3 and a 2024 MP3. I measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender (highest point and center to the wheel).

The FRONTS: 2023 is 715mm and the 2024 is 705 (10mm shorter in the front)
The REARS: 2023 and 2024 are both 715mm

The 2024 is shorter by 10mm up front, which adds rake compared to before

Fun facts about ride height comparisons between a 2023 MP3 and a 2024 MP3. I measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender (highest point and center to the wheel).

The FRONTS: 2023 is 715mm and the 2024 is 705 (10mm shorter in the front)
The REARS: 2023 and 2024 are both 715mm

The 2024 is shorter by 10mm up front, which adds rake compared to before
That’s interesting, watching unplugged performances video where they did the same the ride height appeared to be the same between the new model and the previous.