Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all of us with trade-ins are getting hammered a lot by Hertz dumping so many EVs (a lot of Teslas) out of inventory into the market. Basically, supply got flooded, so prices go down for us. :-(.
I was actually thinking the opposite on mine. I was surprised they gave what they did. For everyone else who gave their offers, those are brutal numbers Tesla is throwing out.

I have a 2021 M3LR (financed) and placed an order for a M3P lease this evening but now confused about pricing. I spoke with a Tesla rep this afternoon to ask some questions about the trade in and lease process. I don't qualify for the tax credit if purchased due to household income but rep said leasing does qualify. He then said the estimated lease price does not include the tax credit and he estimated it by putting a 7500 down payment in calculator. When I got lease pricing info after placing order and getting application approved it looks like the 7500 is already included in their lease estimates. So it seems the rep completely misinformed me and the monthly cost is much higher than I was told. Am I missing something? Also the money factor seems quite high at .0038700. Is that typical for Tesla? My credit is over 800. Anyone know what the residual is on M3P 36 months lease?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I have a 2021 M3LR (financed) and placed an order for a M3P lease this evening but now confused about pricing. I spoke with a Tesla rep this afternoon to ask some questions about the trade in and lease process. I don't qualify for the tax credit if purchased due to household income but rep said leasing does qualify. He then said the estimated lease price does not include the tax credit and he estimated it by putting a 7500 down payment in calculator. When I got lease pricing info after placing order and getting application approved it looks like the 7500 is already included in their lease estimates. So it seems the rep completely misinformed me and the monthly cost is much higher than I was told. Am I missing something? Also the money factor seems quite high at .0038700. Is that typical for Tesla? My credit is over 800. Anyone know what the residual is on M3P 36 months lease?
The $7,500 is included in the lease estimator. Their money factors are ridiculous but the tax credit helps offset some of that.

The lease is only worthwhile if you wouldn’t qualify for the tax credit otherwise. Even then it isn’t that great of a deal. Better than getting stuck with $20k negative equity though.

Reactions: adaminfl
The $7,500 is included in the lease estimator. Their money factors are ridiculous but the tax credit helps offset some of that.

The lease is only worthwhile if you wouldn’t qualify for the tax credit otherwise. Even then it isn’t that great of a deal. Better than getting stuck with $20k negative equity though.

Crap. That's why I didn't lease the first time around - the rates were terrible and at the time the resale was so high. Thanks for the info. I should have known what the rep was telling me was too good to be true. Not sure I'll go through with it now or more accurately not sure my wife will let me. I thought I was going to get into a MP3 at a lower payment than what I have now but that's not the case particularly once I add in FSD subscription. Which also sucks since I paid 10K for it with my current M3LR. My trade in value fluctuates but seems to be close to even or a little bit of equity relative to remaining loan balance. I'll see what happens when I go through the trade in process through the app but I'm not too optimistic.

Crap. That's why I didn't lease the first time around - the rates were terrible and at the time the resale was so high. Thanks for the info. I should have known what the rep was telling me was too good to be true. Not sure I'll go through with it now or more accurately not sure my wife will let me. I thought I was going to get into a MP3 at a lower payment than what I have now but that's not the case particularly once I add in FSD subscription. Which also sucks since I paid 10K for it with my current M3LR. My trade in value fluctuates but seems to be close to even or a little bit of equity relative to remaining loan balance. I'll see what happens when I go through the trade in process through the app but I'm not too optimistic.
Tesla MF's have always been crap. I lease for the tax credit and the business write off coupled with not wanting to be hit with the negative equity. If it was not for all of those combined, I probably would not lease.

Was just offered 31k on my 2022 MY with 8k miles. I was expecting a hit, but damn... does anyone know if Tesla will allow me to roll the negative equity into a new loan? I know they didn't a few years ago but heard that may have changed.
they'd probably let you do whatever the bank lets you... but that's perhaps one of the worst financial moves you can make. Just ride out the loan until its paid off.