Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Knowing that their first quarter earnings were less than favorable, along with several rounds of layoffs this year, along with more speculated for June, Tesla will do everything in their power to deliver as many cars by the end of June to show good 2nd quarter results in order to stop the bleeding. I'm sure they'll keep putting June until they know 100% they can't deliver cars in June. A ton of new orders with $250 deposits won't fix their stock price for 2nd quarter. Deliveries will.

We have very similar situations. Stealth Grey with black interior ordered 5/1 (Cleveland, OH). Initially June and then 7/12-8/23. IDK why site has stayed at June estimate but doesn't seem to be accurate.
My order SG/White started with EDD of June, and hasn't been updated to a date range or pushed to July. From the spreadsheet, other orders around me have been updated, but only with black interiors. Hopefully the don't use up all that white material!

Any concerns with not being able to identify any issues of the car before the shop takes it when going there directly from delivery?

My hunch is that since Tesla finally started to fulfill delayed LR/SR white interior orders around the same time the M3P released, Tesla decided to also sprinkle in white interior performance orders.
My wife and I are going to go over the car with a fine tooth comb before taking delivery. I gone over a few of those checklists that folks have posted online and will be using a modified version. There's also a fair amount of hope that any of the issues are not related to the paint and windows.

If there is a silver lining to black interior at this time, perhaps its giving Tesla a few weeks to dial in their production quality. That's also mostly just a coping mechanism on my part. I want, I want!!

My wife and I are going to go over the car with a fine tooth comb before taking delivery. I gone over a few of those checklists that folks have posted online and will be using a modified version. There's also a fair amount of hope that any of the issues are not related to the paint and windows.

If there is a silver lining to black interior at this time, perhaps its giving Tesla a few weeks to dial in their production quality. That's also mostly just a coping mechanism on my part. I want, I want!!

What's your x y axis on how long you're willing to wait and what degree of error will trigger that? i.e. Will you wait 4 more months for another car if the headlight extends beyond the bumper 1/8th of an inch?

Reactions: Sellout
What's your x y axis on how long you're willing to wait and what degree of error will trigger that? i.e. Will you wait 4 more months for another car if the headlight extends beyond the bumper 1/8th of an inch?
Everything will be given the eyeball test as best we can. If the headlight is off I will bring it up and either not take delivery or make sure that it has been noted and a repair scheduled to fix it. My plan is to make a day of delivery day.

So I have a 2018 Model 3 with HomeLink. Can I somehow transplant the HomeLink from that one to the new M3P?
My understanding is that if you're comfortable removing it, you could theoretically have service then install it in the new one or install it yourself and use the service menu to activate it. I know I had seen a video of someone doing the activation themselves. The store page for Homelink doesn't say it's incompatible with 2024 Model 3, so I'm assuming it should install much in the same manner as it would in the current one.

Again, speculation, but that's probably what I'm going to do when I get mine. I'm a bit late to the game on ordering. Ordered 5/8 and still seeing just June as my window.

Reactions: xianking
I emailed em shortly after I ordered and they basically said they didn’t know for sure!🤷‍♂️
They said the RokBlokz *should* fit, but since they haven't had any example to install them on yet, they couldn't guarantee fit, and sent me a copy of the install guide to verify the mounting is the same before ordering (especially if ordering a custom color since they aren't returnable).

I'll probably just order them when I get a VIN, as all of the close up pics I've seen they look the same.

Reactions: JezzaE
So I have a 2018 Model 3 with HomeLink. Can I somehow transplant the HomeLink from that one to the new M3P?
I recall having googled that a while back and seeing it is POSSIBLE (at least pre Highland), but you have to go into some secret programming menus to tell the car you have it. And, presumably, tell the old car it is no longer there.
Sounded like more work than simple plug and play automatic discovery.

Edit: DiY HomeLink Install using in car Service Mode - No need for Tesla Service or ToolBox

Reactions: xianking
Good point. I was thinking if it can be turned off, why not add it? Why not is because of wasted time developing it if almost no one will use it and for what else could that development time be used?
While I’ll agree that I don’t want a fake engine noise most of the time, there have been times I’ve been in neighborhoods driving and I wish the kids or folks walking their dogs could hear me driving near. I’ve had to brake several times bc people just darted out bc they didn’t look. I’d rather a small engine noise alert them rather than me having to hit the horn politely (if that’s possible). The problem would be accessing whatever triggers the sound easily and on demand.

Reactions: pete34