Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New guy here, RN12153xxxx, ordered UR/Black 4/23 first 45 minutes. No VIN. EDD 5/23-6/20. I was at the Tesla Gallery in Lisle IL this morning. They have a SG/W M3P there. It's unprepped, not on display yet. They were nice enough to bring it up for me to look at. SG certainly hides in the crowd if thats your thing. The white interior is just too disco for me. Interior build quality seemed good, door card alignment was fine. The white on the door seems to be the same material as the seats. I touched it, didn't leave a mark. The wheels look better in person than I expected. Still not a fan of the 20's. The 10 inch rears give it some attitude though. I asked about the 18 inch Photon snow tire package and got the deer in the headlights reaction. Supposedly the Chicago area showrooms are going to get display models in the next week. I'll post some images later.

New guy here, RN12153xxxx, ordered UR/Black 4/23 first 45 minutes. No VIN. EDD 5/23-6/20. I was at the Tesla Gallery in Lisle IL this morning. They have a SG/W M3P there. It's unprepped, not on display yet. They were nice enough to bring it up for me to look at. SG certainly hides in the crowd if thats your thing. The white interior is just too disco for me. Interior build quality seemed good, door card alignment was fine. The white on the door seems to be the same material as the seats. I touched it, didn't leave a mark. The wheels look better in person than I expected. Still not a fan of the 20's. The 10 inch rears give it some attitude though. I asked about the 18 inch Photon snow tire package and got the deer in the headlights reaction. Supposedly the Chicago area showrooms are going to get display models in the next week. I'll post some images later.
u beat me by 4 min....here in NJ (grey/black)

So I. The app it shows where your order would let you select an available unit to take earlier delivery, if you opted to do that would it hold the original pricing?
I'm not entirely sure, here's my example:

My order (black/black): $54,990
The inventory car I was shown (white/white): $55,990
Today's price for a white/white with the same config: $55,990

It's kinda hard to tell how this was calculated because a new M3P is $1000 more than when I ordered, but white interiors are also free now instead of being $1000 extra. Not sure if it actually kept my old pricing or switched to the new one when it offered the inventory car.

I was told by the SA that if I wanted to make any changes to my order, and I wanted to keep the tax credit, I could have SG and either Black or white. Think I'll keep the UR.

Attachments

• IMG_3046.JPG
    IMG_3046.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3049.JPG
    IMG_3049.JPG