Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how long we have until we get a vin to choose a delivery date? Concerned about having it arrive when I’m on vacation. They keep on pushing the EDD by one day everyday.
If you message an SA in the app and you're lucky enough to get one that cares they'll be able to see when your car is going to show up and schedule a date for you. If you're unlucky they won't respond or say you have to wait.

How are folks coming from ICE cars getting used to one pedal driving? Admittedly when I test drove Teslas in the past I found it really jarring with the regen and hard to get used to.

This is why I went with a non Tesla EV before, but I am switching now for autopilot/FSD and better range. Curious how long it takes to get used to it.
Took about 20 minutes to get used to it. A few weeks to get good at it. Have it pretty much mastered now and hate driving without it.

My wife was the opposite, after few pedal down launches she wanted to test out the back seat. Only problem was this wasn’t our first rodeo and our damn 6 year old was in the back in his booster seat yelling about the GD YouTube.
another parent here, used to have concerns about kids lured by the screen too much... contrary to what every sales rep told me, there is a rear display lock you can engage from the display tab on the main screen, which essentially turns off the rear display.

you know, in case you need it 😉

according to the sales rep i asked about this, they will hold your car for up to two weeks if you can't take delivery
That must be a very, very new (like this year) policy, since previously it was roughly 3 days, and definitely not longer than a week. Previously if you needed longer than a week, they would unmatch you from the vehicle and assign it to someone else, and then put your account on hold until you came back, then match you with a (different) car then.

I would be extremely interested to hear from anyone who successfully gets tesla to wait that long on a vehicle pickup of the same vin because they are not available. Note that I dont mean them telling you they can do it, I mean someone actually getting them to do it. Unfortunately, Tesla is fairly notorious for sales reps promising stuff they sometimes cant deliver on... just like every other car dealer does.

Homelink is very much a DIY job, I assume its pretty easy to remove the module based on the install instructions. I bought a used one off Ebay and installed it in the wife's Y last year and it took 20 mins.

There have been threads here that have talked about not being able to activate self installed homelink modules on 2024 vehicles. I have no personal experience, but enough people have posted about it that I think its definitely a thing, at least under some circumstances I have not investigated.

I've been reading about MyQ. Why did you install vs having Tesla install their Homelink which works with Summon??

I'm trying to make a choice before delivery date.
Ratgdo and call it a day. Setup was $35, flashed the homelink firmware and called it a day. I think he raised the prices now to $45.

Save yourself the time and money. It’s a simple three wires to plug into your garage door opener and a ladder. This gives you access to it on any iPhone in the house

Ratgdo and call it a day. Setup was $35, flashed the homelink firmware and called it a day. I think he raised the prices now to $45.
How integrated is it with Tesla? Or do you need to park, pull out your phone, navigate to an app, open the door, then drive in? I have MyQ and I'm not happy with their price after it used to be free. But the integration with Tesla seems really convenient.

Figured this thread is as good as any to post this question in…

Has anyone confirmed if the Rokblokz mudflaps fit our new M3Ps?
Actually, I got a reply from Rokblokz customer service just yesterday regarding this very same question. They said they have not tested fitment of either their rally style mud flaps or their smaller profile Splash Guards on the 2024 Model 3 SR/LR or Performance trims. It does not appear testing is a priority for them, so I think it’ll be a while before we get an official answer from Rokblokz.

I have the Rokblokz Splash Guards on my 2019 M3P and love them. I’m thinking about taking them off and going to my local SC to see if they will indeed fit the 2024 Model 3 SR/LR. My SC does not have any new M3P’s on the lot. However, it is my understanding that the wheel arch design and push pin clip numbers/ocations are identical between the SR/LR highland and the Performance.