Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone change their order after a VIN was assigned? I’m overthinking the exterior color. I have white now and where I live is teslaville with 1,000,000 white Teslas. So went with grey but I’m having second thoughts and thinking I want white exterior again 😅.
Someone talk some sense into me!
In other countries, gray isn't free; it wouldn't be surprising if they made gray the most expensive color and returned white to being free once the current inventory is sold out.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 7.23.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 7.23.48 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
Bummer! Did they specify what is the reason for the delay? Firmware update needed? NHTSA approval seems to be completed. Hopefully this will be the final delay.

Seems like @plzdelivercar is the only one remaining still scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
Negative on that 😕 was told today that first I was rescheduled to Monday at 11 AM, then I asked if my delivery was really going to be on Monday and then they told me Thursday lol

Clermont FL has Model 3 Performance their prepping for the show room! Looks nice IRL, I'm not super thrilled about the grey (stinks cause thats my order for the tax incentive) but it may grow on me or worst case I'll wrap it. Hopeful by the time my order gets pulled maybe they'll just make the car MSRP right at limit for incentive with any color option included or something. Maybe too hopeful but I reallly don't understand them pushing their grey agenda on us.

Attachments

• AD146AEB-1F7B-4F29-9E0B-944901C32244_1_105_c.jpeg
    AD146AEB-1F7B-4F29-9E0B-944901C32244_1_105_c.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: sgtauto
Can you do 60-90 mph?
2.61s
I'm also comparing to a Model S on a drag strip. I figured I'd look at 65-95 as he's already gaining speed by that point. It's a little disappointing as I measure the M3P at 2.88s and a 2022 S LR at 2.45s. I was hoping it would be a bit closer, or even quicker. Granted it's still quicker than the outgoing model.

2.61s
I'm also comparing to a Model S on a drag strip. I figured I'd look at 65-95 as he's already gaining speed by that point. It's a little disappointing as I measure the M3P at 2.88s and a 2022 S LR at 2.45s. I was hoping it would be a bit closer, or even quicker. Granted it's still quicker than the outgoing model.

Wonder if he backed off slightly after he hit 90? Would be curious to see a full 1/4 run.

I have a question for you guys, trying to get some opinions. On Model 3 order page, when you slect
2.61s
MS LR has 150 more HP and 600lbs more weight. That weight matter more from 0-60, I think the 150hp matters way more than the weight once you pick up speed lol

Reactions: jose3030