Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks so much for this write up. Thats the most detailed we have seen from a non journalist/youtuber in terms of driving experience. I know you couldn’t truly test acceleration but based on your butt meter did it seem any faster than your current M3P?
My butt meter says the '24 felt a bit quicker than my '22.
It is a high-def, digital butt meter; extremely accurate . . . .

Plus, the menu option on the '24 says 'Insane', whereas the menu option on the '22 says 'Sport'.
Therefore, it must be faster . . .

But, (all puns intended) seriously, it really did feel a bit more quick for similar go-pedal input.
Felt fast, felt tight/taut, felt light! It's going to be a pleasure to drive.

since back seats are ventilated? those of you who have little kids what’s the plan for you all? also assuming you have white interior!
Plan? Can only be one plan: If you have young ones, be a 'parent' and don't allow liquids and food back there. Ventilated or not, white or black, those aren't the biggest concerns. The big issue I see with these M3P back seats are that they're perforated. Spills will instantly be absorbed into the foam structure/cushioning of the seat. Hopefully it's just water. But who knows, worst case baby formula or milk gets in there, I can't imagine what that will smell like after marinating in the summer for a few days/weeks..... 🤮

Maybe if your significant other balks at this, or worse yet you already set bad precedent with your previous car, then find a full length cover, the ones they make to cover the back seats completely for transporting pets. They spill onto that, at least it's contained and can easily be cleaned up. Not sure if those will leave access for tethering/anchoring baby seats, maybe they make them to accommodate baby seats.

My wife and I were on the same page, we never allowed our kids when they were in baby seats and later when they were in booster seats to have access to liquids or even food/snacks in our cars. Toys/electronics only. When they were too big for booster seats, by then they knew the rule and it was never an issue.

So I'm in a very tricky situation right now and looking for advice..

I ordered a LRM3 white on white back in early Feb when they had FSD and never received the order. I eventually changed the order to the performance stealth gray and white interior with a delivery range may 21-june4 to qualify for the tax credit and also still be eligible for fsd transfer. Problem is, I love the white on white look and the new performance looks so good in white in my opinion.

Since I'm locked into the og pricing, I considered white ext with black interior, but the white seats just look so much better to me. What are y'all's thoughts in the white interior in the new performance? Should I just cancel my order and wait for them to drop the price for all colors to qualify for tax incentive and allow fsd transfer (if they ever will) again?

I ordered a LRM3 white on white back in early Feb when they had FSD and never received the order. I eventually changed the order to the performance stealth gray and white interior with a delivery range may 21-june4 to qualify for the tax credit and also still be eligible for fsd transfer. Problem is, I love the white on white look and the new performance looks so good in white in my opinion.

Since I'm locked into the og pricing, I considered white ext with black interior, but the white seats just look so much better to me. What are y'all's thoughts in the white interior in the new performance? Should I just cancel my order and wait for them to drop the price for all colors to qualify for tax incentive and allow fsd transfer (if they ever will) again?
Keep your order and just get a white wrap…

Keep your order and just get a white wrap…

Agreed. If you are willing to pay for the upcharge to get the white paint, just use the amount you would've spent and use it towards the cost of getting it wrapped in a white pearl color that resembles Tesla's white. You get the white color you want, and some protection on the original paint, without having to cancel and change your order to the most recent price.

It really appears that they are only making white seat cars in this first batch. Pretty soon they will start making cars with the black seats and I believe that will happen before the end of the month.

Once they start making cars with black seats I wonder if they will pause making the white seat cars? Maybe they will exhaust their white seat stock and have to wait to get more?

It will be interesting to see if the people with white seat orders who don’t have VINs yet suddenly see their orders delayed indefinitely?

I say this because some people are considering changing to white seats to get their car faster. You may end up delaying your car considerably if you do that now. Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Reactions: duncanduncan
I checked with my colleagues and all of them had to pay in advance before the saw the car. But I am challenging them a bit on this and asking to bring to showroom for an inspection and immediate payment. They are yet to get back to me after speaking internally. I know the car is here in Dubai as its a cancellation which got assigned to me once I change my color. I doubt they would be storing it in customs warehouse.
They finally agreed to bring in car for inspection on partial payment. Have paid this amount yesterday morning and waiting for them to arrange viewing. They are citing congestion at port for this delay!

The guy with the first delivery posted his 0-140. I could be wrong but the 0-60 looks slower than 3 seconds.
This really isn’t an accurate way to measure it but it is all we have right now so here it goes.

3 seconds 0-60 mph
2 seconds 60-90 mph
10 seconds 0-121 mph(it is 11 seconds by 122 mph)
10 seconds 60-130 mph

IMG_6008.jpeg
IMG_6014.jpeg
IMG_6011.jpeg
IMG_6012.jpeg
IMG_6013.jpeg

Reactions: MikeyC
This really isn’t an accurate way to measure it but it is all we have right now so here it goes.

3 seconds 0-60 mph
2 seconds 60-90 mph
10 seconds 0-121 mph(it is 11 seconds by 122 mph)
10 seconds 60-130 mph

My figures are pretty close. I counted frames and got:

0-60 97 frames 3.23s
0-100 215 frames 7.17s
0-130 385 frames 12.83s
So 60-130 = 9.6s

Of course, this assumes zero delay for the speed listed on the display but I've not found any delay when comparing display vs Dragy in the past so I think it's pretty good. My estimate is 11.0 for the 1/4 mile with good runs dipping into the high 10s.

Also, remember these are without the 1 foot rollout that Tesla (and most testers) use. The 1/4 mile at any dragstrip also uses a 12-14 inch rollout. Generally that takes about .2s off the times.

My figures are pretty close. I counted frames and got:

0-60 97 frames 3.23s
0-100 215 frames 7.17s
0-130 385 frames 12.83s
So 60-130 = 5.66s (looks like a typo/goof in your 60-130 above)

Of course, this assumes zero delay for the speed listed on the display but I've not found any delay when comparing display vs Dragy in the past so I think it's pretty good. My estimate is 11.0 for the 1/4 mile with good runs dipping into the high 10s.

Also, remember these are without the 1 foot rollout that Tesla (and most testers) use. The 1/4 mile at any dragstrip also uses a 12-14 inch rollout. Generally that takes about .2s off the times.
Check your math on that 60-130 mph time.😉

Reactions: MikeyC