Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My concern about not taking delivery sooner is that the 2nd hand market for M3P is going to become saturated with people trading them in and the values will drop. I've already seen my 2023 go from $42,100 on Mar 29th to $37,700 today. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

This is a great point actually. I sold my car a few weeks ago and we're down to one car until my M3P arrives - it's a bit annoying, but doable, and nice to not have a second car payment for a while.

Reactions: P-Lo801
My concern about not taking delivery sooner is that the 2nd hand market for M3P is going to become saturated with people trading them in and the values will drop. I've already seen my 2023 go from $42,100 on Mar 29th to $37,700 today. That's a bitter pill to swallow.
The rapid depreciation of your 2023 has a lot to do with the fact that it’s the old design and lacks the features of the new one. It’ll be a few years at least before that happens with Highland.

It is entirely possible that they were doing a batch of white seats first and they thought your car would be in that batch. However, they finished the first batch and your car didn’t make it into that first batch so it got pushed out.

I received my confirmation at 12:24 Eastern for a Red/Black coming into Raleigh. Mine is telling me June 7th - June 30th right now. I am sure it will slip to later in July any day now.

RN121536xxx
That would be depressing to think someone who ordered the very first day of release didn’t even make it in the “first batch” of car interior color before swap to another color. If that’s the case, feel bad for those who ordered in May lol.

That would be depressing to think someone who ordered the very first day of release didn’t even make it in the “first batch” of car interior color before swap to another color. If that’s the case, feel bad for those who ordered in May lol.
People who ordered LR cars day one with white seats were still waiting for their cars when the performance model was announced.

This is a great point actually. I sold my car a few weeks ago and we're down to one car until my M3P arrives - it's a bit annoying, but doable, and nice to not have a second car payment for a while.
i'm in the same exact boat; sold my other car a month and a half ago. I'm probably in the minority here that wouldn't mind until I get mine in July or later because I'm gone most of June and don't mind a couple more months to save for a higher down payment. I'll likely pay it off in a year or two, but I'm just worried about the interest rates hiking up cause i need to finance at least half of the amount.

I'm jealous of anyone who has any date, even July/August. I've had this status since about a week after ordering and I think my order is stuck somewhere. I've been texting my SA about every week and they say some variation of I'll get a date when I get a VIN.

Confirmation email on 4/23 @ 11:40am Central.

View attachment 1049794

Happy others dates are being pulled in and VINs assigned though. Congrats!
My EDD went missing for a little over three weeks, don't worry about it much.

Reactions: MrPaulAR
Yes but that was due to a specific delay in the white interiors, which doesn’t seem to be the case with M3P.
We don’t know that this is true. It is entirely possible that the first white seat run was short lived and now those seats are constrained. It appears that they have moved on to black seats now. We shall see if they continue to make white seat cars as well.

People should stop swapping colors thinking they can jump the line. Every time you do that, you might get placed in the next batch, not the current one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimTam and mpgxsvcd
People should stop swapping colors thinking they can jump the line. Every time you do that, you might get place in the next batch, not the current one.
+1

People are basically trying to time amusement park queue lines or something, and will almost assuredly suffer from:

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 10.06.23 AM.png