Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The offer will expire, and any future offer will be re adjusted to the current market conditions. Whether its "lowball" or not depends. Just like every other company that buys used cars, they all use algorithms tailored to their business. No one is going to be able to tell you whether your car value goes up, down, or down to something you dont like if the current one expires, its just part of the process.

It would be much better for you to sell the car separately, rather than wait for used car market changes, whatever they might be, unless you think the market is going up.
Makes sense, thanks!

I ordered and completed what I could on 4/23 which means both my financing and trade offers will likely expire tomorrow. I'm not worried about it: they'll just ask you to redo them when the time comes. Only reason I did those immediately was that wording "subject to delays" if you don't. I didn't want there to be any excuses for delays.
Yeah, I’m in the same boat. Most likely will accept the trade, and consider options as I get closer to M3P Reality!

Would be better to trade with Tesla so you get sales tax refunded. If your state offers it.
The location under the persons name you are quoting is Southern California, and CA does not offer any sort of sales tax refund on trade ins etc, so thats a non issue in this state (unfortunately).

Curious...is your order a new one or did you switch from a earlier (white interior) order? Maybe passed on the white this time to stay under the tax cap (like me)? Nothing noted in the spreadsheet.
I switched from white interior to black about five days after the initial order to get the tax credit. I made sure with Tesla that the change wouldn't affect order date and time before doing so, although I still would have done it since the $7500 savings was the whole point.

I’m sure this has been asked before and no I’m not going to try to figure out the exact search term that will pull it up — does Tesla deliver cars on weekends? Or just Monday through Friday?
Our local Tesla center delivered over 100 vehicles on a Saturday once. They delivered almost 100 the next day on Sunday. They crank them out every day of the week. Line to take delivery was about an hour and a half. Process is super easy but the line is long on weekends sometimes.

I switched from white interior to black about five days after the initial order to get the tax credit. I made sure with Tesla that the change wouldn't affect order date and time before doing so, although I still would have done it since the $7500 savings was the whole point.
So your initial white interior order was on 4/23...like most of us...and then you switched to black later?

pickup still looks good for tomorrow. once i get it i’ll try and give impressions, but ill be headed to san diego to a pads game. i saw someone else got confirmation for tomorrow out in irvine. between them and myself one of use should get impressions out.

edit. they did mention needing a firmware update! so that seems to be why some may get pushed back.

pickup still looks good for tomorrow. once i get it i’ll try and give impressions, but ill be headed to san diego to a pads game. i saw someone else got confirmation for tomorrow out in irvine. between them and myself one of use should get impressions out.

edit. they did mention needing a firmware update! so that seems to be why some may get pushed back.
Good luck! We are all rooting for you guys to get your cars tomorrow.