Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery Update!!

Picking my car up tomorrow in Irvine, 1030am!

Tesla just reached out to me via text.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523_100725_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240523_100725_Tesla.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 8
Future Owner: Assistance pls ā€” I submitted my trade information back on the 10th, and received a text yesterday confirming the final amount which I am VERY happy about. Now that my delivery ETA is now Aug-Sept, if I accept and the offer expires (which it will), will they lowball me at delivery knowing I already had an offer that expired?

This morning, I received a message from an SA saying to review and accept, or be subject to delays? Normal?

For those who have traded with Tesla before, and been delayed, what has your experience been?

Thanks gents

Future Owner: Assistance pls ā€” I submitted my trade information back on the 10th, and received a text yesterday confirming the final amount which I am VERY happy about. Now that my delivery ETA is now Aug-Sept, if I accept and the offer expires (which it will), will they lowball me at delivery knowing I already had an offer that expired?

This morning, I received a message from an SA saying to review and accept, or be subject to delays? Normal?

For those who have traded with Tesla before, and been delayed, what has your experience been?

Thanks gents

The offer will expire, and any future offer will be re adjusted to the current market conditions. Whether its "lowball" or not depends. Just like every other company that buys used cars, they all use algorithms tailored to their business. No one is going to be able to tell you whether your car value goes up, down, or down to something you dont like if the current one expires, its just part of the process.

It would be much better for you to sell the car separately, rather than wait for used car market changes, whatever they might be, unless you think the market is going up.

Thanks gents

I ordered and completed what I could on 4/23 which means both my financing and trade offers will likely expire tomorrow. I'm not worried about it: they'll just ask you to redo them when the time comes. Only reason I did those immediately was that wording "subject to delays" if you don't. I didn't want there to be any excuses for delays.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Just got a call from Sales Advisor; the car has arrived and is in a holding lot waiting to be detailed and software updated. He thinks I should be able to take delivery Saturday šŸ¤ž Red/Black day one orders might be getting some action all around!
Curious...is your order a new one or did you switch from a earlier (white interior) order? Maybe passed on the white this time to stay under the tax cap (like me)? Nothing noted in the spreadsheet.

I don't even care about waiting a bit longer tbh. The car will get here when it gets here. I would feel a ton better if people were actually getting their cars, and there was some new content online about it. I'd love to see a Carwow, Throttle House, RedLine etc. review, as well as real world drag strip/dragy stuff.
This, I'm probably in the minority here but I don't want to be the first to get the car at the beginning. In a new/refreshed model, I'd rather the other people be the guinea pigs because rarely do new models not have issues early on. Yall work out the kinks and provide best practices before I step foot in mine so I'm not running into the issues myself

Delivery Update!!

Picking my car up tomorrow in Irvine, 1030am!

Tesla just reached out to me via text.
Congrats! And Iā€™m totally not jealous. Not jealous that tomorrow you may be cruising like a rocket down the roads while I remain in my 0-60 in 7.5 second car. Totally not jealous. Did I mentionā€¦. That Iā€™m not jealous? Okay Iā€™m going to go cry in a corner now. Update us how delivery goes!

I ordered and completed what I could on 4/23 which means both my financing and trade offers will likely expire tomorrow. I'm not worried about it: they'll just ask you to redo them when the time comes. Only reason I did those immediately was that wording "subject to delays" if you don't. I didn't want there to be any excuses for delays.
Same and now I may have a private buyer lined up as trade offer will lapse this weekend. Hope that doesnā€™t cause issues