Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's that much of an outlier. I had an EDD of May 12 - 25. Once May 12 hit, it went to May 13, etc. This happened all the way until May 18 when it changed to May 26 - June 9. Now it's May 25 and I'm guessing tomorrow my EDD will change at 7am to May 27 - June 9.

#EDDsMeanNothing
Do you have a VIN? I am seeing folks with VINs that have EDDs at least a week out from me.

Any thoughts on tints? I've been looking through fourms and watching a ton of videos. I'm looking to get Xpel Xr Plus, but can't find many videos with individuals driving with it at night. I see other brands, but it seems ceramic is better for nighttime driving.

Was thinking about 15/20% but worried it may be too dark, Does anyone have any pics or videos of the windows looking out at night?

Any thoughts on tints? I've been looking through fourms and watching a ton of videos. I'm looking to get Xpel Xr Plus, but can't find many videos with individuals driving with it at night. I see other brands, but it seems ceramic is better for nighttime driving.

Was thinking about 15/20% but worried it may be too dark, Does anyone have any pics or videos of the windows looking out at night?

Getting mine delivered on Tuesday, tints will go on Wednesday, planning on going 20% all around and 70% for the windshield (for the first time) all ceramic, so can let you know. I have always had cars with tints, my last M3P was 20% all around and its easy seeing out of most windows other than the back one at night, hopefully ceramic makes it a bit easier to see but over all not a problem

Love to read a review of your experience when you get the time. You know when your not out driving, cause I know that is what I would be doing. Lol
I drove for a bit but not a ton to be honest. Want to go places, but can't think of anywhere to actually go.
I had it on Insane mode from the start and I'm pretty sure it was doing battery stuff because it chewed the battery (started at 90%) really fast! Granted I was hitting it hard. I didn't do a complete stop to hitting it as I didn't get to be first at any lights. But I did get on/off the freeway a few times, and oh man it's a beast! I could get myself in trouble speeding far too easily.
I noticed the same brake issue that Josh (I forget his SN here) discussed in his livestream last night. It definitely felt weak with the brakes. I'm not really a car guy and I thought they felt lacking like mad. Guessing I need to do "something" to break them in, just need to figure out what.
The Ultra Red is unbelievably gorgeous, and the White interior makes it pop. For me, 100% glad I made this color choice! The turn signal buttons.. Not my favorite so far. Wish it was still stalks.
But overall impressions are great. I loved my old car (2018 M3 LR), best car I ever owned. I can tell this one will beat it!

Cl grays my Arizona brother! Cant wait to get mine. What center did you get it at?
Mesa for me, and for one other guy on here. We were the first 2 at the center. I knew I would be, in that I arrived an hour early. Very smooth process with the Trade in (bunch of AZDOT forms to sign), but they were all pre-filled and was super simple.
Using the App to accept the car was really sweet!

Very much a personal choice I think. My preference is the highest grade of tint they make (the Xpel XR Plus is what I'm gonna do), in the lightest possible shade they make (which is a 70% transmittance for visible light). I forget the specifics on the specs, but I wanna say 50-60% heat rejection.
While darker tints would reject more heat, I don't like the at-night viewing. I had a similar film (just Llumar) on my prior car, and had zero nighttime vision problems.

I drove for a bit but not a ton to be honest. Want to go places, but can't think of anywhere to actually go.
I had it on Insane mode from the start and I'm pretty sure it was doing battery stuff because it chewed the battery (started at 90%) really fast! Granted I was hitting it hard. I didn't do a complete stop to hitting it as I didn't get to be first at any lights. But I did get on/off the freeway a few times, and oh man it's a beast! I could get myself in trouble speeding far too easily.
I noticed the same brake issue that Josh (I forget his SN here) discussed in his livestream last night. It definitely felt weak with the brakes. I'm not really a car guy and I thought they felt lacking like mad. Guessing I need to do "something" to break them in, just need to figure out what.
The Ultra Red is unbelievably gorgeous, and the White interior makes it pop. For me, 100% glad I made this color choice! The turn signal buttons.. Not my favorite so far. Wish it was still stalks.
But overall impressions are great. I loved my old car (2018 M3 LR), best car I ever owned. I can tell this one will beat it!
Is this your first Tesla? I hardly use the brakes on mine and when i drive i pray for the lights to turn red. But that being said, the brakes are a bit lacking if you use them. I think for me the turn singal thing will take some getting used to.

Agreed the ultra red is gorgeous. I was surprised at how good it looked when we first took delivery of our ultra red MXLR. I would've easily ordered that color if we hadn't gotten it already.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
An update for anyone else who might have had a scheduled delivery this weekend postponed:
I was supposed to get the car in Burbank this morning but they pushed to Monday via text yesterday. The scheduled delivery in the app also changed, but then it disappeared to nothing today around noon. I stopped by the service center and talked to someone about the issue, and they said while the firmware update is indeed being pushed out to service centers, it is done in batches and some of our cars that are on site were not in that first batch. They have no way of knowing what batch or when the car will update, so they are going to continue rolling the delivery delay until that process is done. Disappointing. It's the unmet expectations that are the hardest when you're relying on their word that something will be done. I guess this is just how it is with Tesla? I'm coming from the world of Porsche and Audi, and can see why the price to performance is so competitive! Tesla is definitely not spending any money on service 😄

An update for anyone else who might have had a scheduled delivery this weekend postponed:
I was supposed to get the car in Burbank this morning but they pushed to Monday via text yesterday. The scheduled delivery in the app also changed, but then it disappeared to nothing today around noon. I stopped by the service center and talked to someone about the issue, and they said while the firmware update is indeed being pushed out to service centers, it is done in batches and some of our cars that are on site were not in that first batch. They have no way of knowing what batch or when the car will update, so they are going to continue rolling the delivery delay until that process is done. Disappointing. It's the unmet expectations that are the hardest when you're relying on their word that something will be done. I guess this is just how it is with Tesla? I'm coming from the world of Porsche and Audi, and can see why the price to performance is so competitive! Tesla is definitely not spending any money on service 😄
same lol

Is this your first Tesla? I hardly use the brakes on mine and when i drive i pray for the lights to turn red. But that being said, the brakes are a bit lacking if you use them. I think for me the turn singal thing will take some getting used to.
Nope not my first Tesla. Agree the regen (one pedal) braking is something I was used to. Although my old one I could set it to "Slow and Roll" or something like that - allow regen to slow it down, but it wouldn't come to a full stop. The new one, no such option. It forced a full stop.

And calling the braking power (right now) "a bit lacking" is generous. My opinion, this rises to the level of "If I had to hit the brakes in a panic stop, it wouldn't stop".

• Informative
Reactions: jiren and mpgxsvcd