Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mpgxsvcd , @GreenHokie , any idea on whether the new Model 3P comes with actual track brake pads?

This is moving so fast that my post got buried in 3 minutes.

"For more braking performance, our track-ready brake pads now come standard on Model 3 Performance*, delivering more immediate deceleration and higher thermal limits and endurance."

In the past, they were a part of the track package. The pads alone were $800. https://shop.tesla.com/product/2017-2023-_-model-3-track-package

Source: https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-new-model-3-performance

Dang, I go out for a nice leisurely dinner with the wife and this thread blows up with 5 additional pages of posts.
Glad to see there are plenty of looney, obsessive folks on this forum, just like me! 🤪🤣

I see that @M3PDenver already answered @jjrandorin ’s question about the brakes.
The only thing I’ll add is, while Tesla advertises the standard M3P brakes as “track-ready”, I highly doubt they are true track tested/worthy brakes. Certainly nothing like what you would get in a true “track pack” brake option, like what is offered on the Model S Plaid. I’m sure it won’t be long before a forum member tracks their new M3P, and then we’ll know just how good/average the standard “track-ready” brakes are…

lol somehow people are taking deliveries and there’s no actual reviews by YouTubers which seems so weird to me
It's still a relatively low # of deliveries that happened. One slipped out a few days ago. As far as we know, the first "officially sanctioned" delivery was last night. A handful of people scheduled/originally-scheduled for today got cancelled and moved to Sunday/Monday. There's a small cluster (3 of us) in Phoenix who got deliveries today, and a few others scattered around. The gates are opening, the flood is coming

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
lol somehow people are taking deliveries and there’s no actual reviews by YouTubers which seems so weird to me

I agree. I've said this from the moment the details of the M3P was released. I was expecting a Hagerty review, CarWow drag race, and more. This whole release has been weird! There HAD to be some sort of embargo and I'm guessing maybe it's still in effect?

@M3P Highland , if you are going to disagree with "there is no line" that must mean you think there is some actual proof that tesla prioritizes orders by when someone ordered (which would be a line).

Would love to see some proof of that, since I have never seen that.
I think there is however plenty of proof that the opposite is true. Hence, there is no line.

Someone should send an IM (Instant Message) to Matt at CarWow or Marques Brownlee and ask them if they were simply not allowed to do/report any 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs. Or, perhaps they did 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs, but signed an NDA to withhold publishing anything until Tesla gives them a release?…

I agree. I've said this from the moment the details of the M3P was released. I was expecting a Hagerty review, CarWow drag race, and more. This whole release has been weird! There HAD to be some sort of embargo and I'm guessing maybe it's still in effect?
@phantasms , not sure if you still are where you were, but have you heard of any review embargos or anything?

Oh you meant like Youtube influencers, not just us mortals posting stuff. I'd agree with that. It is oddly silent there. Would be surprised if an embargo would last beyond when the common folk start getting deliveries. But, yeah seems to be pretty quiet on the influencer's side, at least for actual rides, versus just a walkthrough of what it looks like.

Someone should send an IM (Instant Message) to Matt at CarWow or Marques Brownlee and ask them if they were not allowed to do/report any 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs. Or, if they did, but signed an NDA to withhold publishing anything until Tesla gives them a release..
If they do indeed have an NDA embargo, I would imagine the NDA likely covers discussing the NDA itself.
First rule of fight club: don't talk about flight club logic. ;)

Went to see it at the showroom (Palm Beach Gardens FL).

Looked great. Splitter, spoiler, fascia; finally looked aggressive.
I've had a 20 and 22 MP3 and always felt it looked basic without adding aftermarket wheels, inside CF, etc.

Bolstered seats felt good - not super rigid but good.

For the price - it seems like a steal.View attachment 1050507
B/b looks mean and clean. Those are my spec’s too

I believe this is the first time in all the waiting room threads I have watched, that people started resorting to haiku's, lol
While we are waiting

And going batshit crazy

Where’s my frickin VIN

I’m late to the party but just wanted to confirm I picked up my baby today! I’ve already put 120 miles on it driving around and my goodness is this car incredible. I was an original Jan 10 order for the LR that switched to a P so this has been a long time coming. I can’t wait for everyone else to get this amazing car!!

plzdelivercar -> cardelivered
IMG_8499.jpeg
IMG_8500.jpeg