Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sound good, I have a pretty good deal from a guy I've used for years but he doesn't use those brand names, I just wonder if it really matters, also I don't think top glass is necessary but that's just me. Mainly do it for looks but this time I do want ceramics for slightly better cooling. But yeah he's giving me a nice friends and fam price of under 500 for all windows and windshield which I dont want to think twice about but I did buy this car vs lease so want to make the right choice long term
That’s a good price! The place I’m going to is 1000 for all the glass. And they use Xpel now (they used Llumar 6 yrs ago), which is how I picked Xpel this time. They did a great job last time and I’m just gonna trust the installer with a top tier film and trust to their shops brand.

Reactions: jiren
Sound good, I have a pretty good deal from a guy I've used for years but he doesn't use those brand names, I just wonder if it really matters, also I don't think top glass is necessary but that's just me. Mainly do it for looks but this time I do want ceramics for slightly better cooling. But yeah he's giving me a nice friends and fam price of under 500 for all windows and windshield which I dont want to think twice about but I did buy this car vs lease so want to make the right choice long term
excellent deal

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Nope not my first Tesla. Agree the regen (one pedal) braking is something I was used to. Although my old one I could set it to "Slow and Roll" or something like that - allow regen to slow it down, but it wouldn't come to a full stop. The new one, no such option. It forced a full stop.

And calling the braking power (right now) "a bit lacking" is generous. My opinion, this rises to the level of "If I had to hit the brakes in a panic stop, it wouldn't stop".
You should definitely try properly bedding in the brakes. Lots of videos out there. Really you should do this with any motor vehicle.

Reactions: jjrandorin
You should definitely try properly bedding in the brakes. Lots of videos out there. Really you should do this with any motor vehicle.
I actually just did a run, used the Burnish Brakes guide in the service system. I prob didn’t do it great, couldn’t do it with people following me, jittery up and down on pressure (not a trained foot). But, I did it some and they feel better afterwards. Of course, it could be that they were warmed up after (clearly) and thus better. Will see how they feel on a ride tomorrow when they start cold.

Going back to the brake pad discussion. This car was designed to be a daily driver and a performance sport sedan that can be tracked if desired (which is likely a very small percentage). Even in that Tesla design promo video they also mention the dual role the car can have. I have a hard time believing the stock brake pads perform poorly unless you are tracking it. This is not an expensive, optional track package like the S has. I’m guessing and hoping they just need to be broken in. If not then there are going to be a lot of complaints which I’m sure Tesla thought of.

what % are you going with?
I’m going with their lightest color which is 70% transmission. Still rejects 50-60% of heat at that light tint level, if I remember the specs right. Darker tints would reject like 90% heat but I don’t like the dark look, esp at night. So my plan is the best tier tint, in the lightest possible color. Bridge the gap and boom!
Driving around now untinted, I can 100% feel the diff compared to the old car (which was tinted). Tint appointment is this coming Tuesday. They were closed today or I’d have brought it in

Possibly. From watching threads like this over the years, one thing that stood out to me is that not having an order completed would delay a persons progress through the process. So yes, putting in "trade" but not completing it could possibly move you behind someone who had a completed order profile.
It's probably coincidence, but I was still waiting for my trade-in offer to come through, so I messaged them about it in app in the morning. Early afternoon the offer came in and I accepted it. That evening I received a VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
It's probably coincidence, but I was still waiting for my trade-in offer to come through, so I messaged them about it in app in the morning. Early afternoon the offer came in and I accepted it. That evening I received a VIN.

Anecdotal, I know.... I have just seen a number of posts over the years similar to this, in some form or another. Stuff Like:

1. during the "flip reservation" era, people specifically trying not to put in registration information into the order, then complaining about not getting vins when others were

2. Not accepting trade ins

3. financing expiring and they didnt realize it, then re applying (and then getting vins)

etc.

Just to repeat, I am not talking about this thread, I am talking about stuff I have seen over the years related to Tesla orders and discussions around them.

I actually just did a run, used the Burnish Brakes guide in the service system. I prob didn’t do it great, couldn’t do it with people following me, jittery up and down on pressure (not a trained foot). But, I did it some and they feel better afterwards. Of course, it could be that they were warmed up after (clearly) and thus better. Will see how they feel on a ride tomorrow when they start cold.
this is my first tesla. you’re saying i should break in the breaks? where is this guide you speak of?

Congratulations to those gettin deliveries and vins.
Repat the oath.

I am faster but I am kinder.
I will pass and and move back over with ample room.
With lack of obvious signal stalks,, I will perform proper signal. Within a Tesla I am not a BMW driver.
Faster,smarter, and better I am.

FSD engaged
No stalks are within my grasp
I do not need them

this is my first tesla. you’re saying i should break in the breaks? where is this guide you speak of?
All cars, particularly performance variants, should have the "bedding" process purposefully done so the brake pads evenly wear a channel (or a "bed") into the brake rotors and burnish the pad surface such that imperfections, coatings, dust, etc. are worn off to the point that the two components are perfectly mated to one another. For this reason, it is important to be conscious of not slamming on your brakes when you first get the car and the bedding has not yet been accomplished. Slamming or uneven application of the brakes can lead to heavier wear spots in the rotor which can cause vibration, noise, and less than optimal performance.

I didn't have to with my previous one. But with this one I did. Entering the Service menu, you go into the Settings->Software, then hold the Ludicrous badge for a few seconds and let go. The password is "service" and it gets to service menus. In there there was a Brakes then Burnish Brakes choice, and it gives a guided how-to that walks you through it. Basically it's accelerating to 45, hitting the brakes hard, then repeating that process 10 times. My foot isn't well-calibrated so I certainly didn't do it with precision.
But it wasn't hard and feels like I got results, so worth the go I'd say.

Do we have anyone taking delivery tomorrow?
i am
All cars, particularly performance variants, should have the "bedding" process purposefully done so the brake pads evenly wear a channel (or a "bed") into the brake rotors and burnish the pad surface such that imperfections, coatings, dust, etc. are worn off to the point that the two components are perfectly mated to one another. For this reason, it is important to be conscious of not slamming on your brakes when you first get the car and the bedding has not yet been accomplished. Slamming or uneven application of the brakes can lead to heavier wear spots in the rotor which can cause vibration, noise, and less than optimal performance.
good to know, this is my first performance car. i’ll be sure to look into this. does this apply to regen also? or will that be fine on its own?

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Delivery confirmed. To everyone waiting, it will be worth it, just hang in there!

Attachments

• IMG_4163.jpeg
    IMG_4163.jpeg
    824.9 KB · Views: 4