Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery finally happened today! Car is amazing! Delivery took 10 minutes, so simple and never even talked to a Telsa employee. View attachment 1050904
Man that white exterior looks awesome! So happy with my choice seeing that. Although I went black interior cuz i got three kids and the back seat of my current ride looks like someone got murdered via “art projects” and sports field cleats. 😂

I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.

Not trying to rub this in people's faces who have been waiting for over 1 month and not complaining, but just don't understand how the ordering priorities work. I am also caught off guard and not really prepared for delivery. Can I just bring a cashier's check for my final payment at delivery? Can I also purchase a mobile charger at the Fremont factory delivery location?

I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.

Not trying to rub this in people's faces who have been waiting for over 1 month and not complaining, but just don't understand how the ordering priorities work. I am also caught off guard and not really prepared for delivery. Can I just bring a cashier's check for my final payment at delivery? Can I also purchase a mobile charger at the Fremont factory delivery location?
yeah probably 😂

Sorry to hear as well ☹️ yeah, the spreadsheet is a bit of a mess right now.

I guess still no love for PNW. Not sure if they will be assigning VINs tomorrow, but hope next week would be better for us.
Major cope theory incoming, but maybe the reason Tesla hasn't shipped any M3Ps up here is because it's such a short journey? It's barely a day's worth of driving to get from Fremont to Portland, so maybe they're sending units to the far side of the country first so that more people can get deliveries in May?

Reactions: arkhos
Hey gang. I did trade in and financing at order through APP hoping it would speed things.

The trade in expired and I opted not to do it so changed I. App.

My financing was approved through June but now of course no trade in so my question is (if anyone knows) will I have to re-apply now?

Black/Black is my original order and I can still EDIT my design and pay the old price, apparently.
For red.
But seeing all the posted pics of the Black exterior is making me really want to keep it.
I was considering changing to red because red is ... RED.
But... man, this black. Clean? WOW.
IMG_2725.jpeg

Enid said bro. ☝️I’m going to change from red/black to blk/white any time now. I’m just waiting to see more pics of black!

I have a blk/blk 22’LRboost and I love it!
I’d go white int just for change :)

Reactions: jose3030

More likely someone may have just backed out for other reasons: financial, got a different car, etc.

Major cope theory incoming, but maybe the reason Tesla hasn't shipped any M3Ps up here is because it's such a short journey? It's barely a day's worth of driving to get from Fremont to Portland, so maybe they're sending units to the far side of the country first so that more people can get deliveries in May?
I have thought about this too, but with this logic, LA / Vegas should not be getting deliveries as well either.

I wonder if it has something to do with Tax implications in our states, or maybe the logistics companies they've used before are having issues. At this point, it's all speculation. I just wish anyone from Tesla would give us some explanation so that I stop pestering them almost every day.

Went to the Plano, TX Legacy location today.. man o man the want is sooo real!! I sure hope they bring back white as a qualifying tax credit unit at some point.. Stealth grey is nice as well.. I know everyone has seen it but can't help it.... LOL car looks so good!

Attachments

• 20240526_124848.jpg
    20240526_124848.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240526_124837.jpg
    20240526_124837.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240526_124825.jpg
    20240526_124825.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240526_124810.jpg
    20240526_124810.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240526_124815.jpg
    20240526_124815.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 4
To those who has already taken delivery, do you mind checking the Tesla Store and going to the HomeLink page? Does it tell you if it's compatible with the 2024 model? I asked an SA about this, but he said I would have to check once I take delivery of the vehicle.
I want to get one too. It was out of stock a while ago, then in-stock for a bit (but said it was incompatible with my 2018 M3). Now that I have the 2024, it's out of stock.

The page for it does list it as "Compatible with all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles", which makes it weird it said it was incompatible with my old one (maybe it knew the old one came with it pre-installed). But currently, there are no alerts on the page that say that it's NOT compatible with the 2024 vehicle in my account now. But, who knows if it performs/displays the check once it realizes it's out of stock anyway.

Do note too, when it was in stock and said it wasn't compatible with my 2018, it wouldn't even let me order it. I can't imagine they really made the module that much different to not be compatible, and it's included for free I believe on the Model S/X vehicles. So I expect it will be compatible. Certainly hope so!

Reactions: CheddarChiz
I have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday but I am now having second thoughts on if I should lease or pay cash. I have to make sure with my accountant if I would qualify for the credit as it was pretty close last year and wont this year, so might register the car under my sisters name to take full advantage of the 7500 before I pay all cash. Anyone know how last minute I can change these things, can I decide on the spot when i am at the service center about to pick up?
The lease on this car is expensive. I'm buying it to avoid the interest. I'm hoping my accountant can swing it. If not, I'll live with it.

Reactions: phantasms