Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.

Not trying to rub this in people's faces who have been waiting for over 1 month and not complaining, but just don't understand how the ordering priorities work. I am also caught off guard and not really prepared for delivery. Can I just bring a cashier's check for my final payment at delivery? Can I also purchase a mobile charger at the Fremont factory delivery location?

It could be, but it also could be a car that someone just canceled their order. If there was an orderly line where order date was the most important thing, like @M3P Highland is stating, the vin would just go to the next person in line. Its unlikely that someone who ordered May 23rd is "the next person in line" though.

I have seen exactly this play out dozens of times over various waiting room threads, which is why I said " there is no line". I am sure order date plays some role but I dont think its the most important thing, which is what people would assume when they place their order.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Or we live in a climate where summer tires are not a thing ☀️ Southern CA here…🙋🏻‍♀️
I have heard other people speak of these summer tires you mention thou.

Umm... This is one of the places where its very very common for someone to drive around on summer tires year round. I have driven on summer tires exclusively for like 18 years now. They absolutely are a thing here.

Umm... This is one of the places where its very very common for someone to drive around on summer tires year round. I have driven on summer tires exclusively for like 18 years now. They absolutely are a thing here.

That’s what I was trying to say actually. We don’t refer to tires as “summer tires” vs “winter tires”. They are just “tires”. Same set year round.

for my SoCal peeps where are you all going when it’s time to wash and detail? i’m looking for a good place. and also is there a normal model 3 performance form that we graduate to after delivery?
Santa Palm car wash on Santa Monica Blvd. at Palm Ave. (duh) in West Hollywood does a good hand wash but the detailing probably best to be done with a smaller mom and pop operation.

Reactions: jiren
IMG_7929.jpeg

🎉🎉

I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.

Not trying to rub this in people's faces who have been waiting for over 1 month and not complaining, but just don't understand how the ordering priorities work. I am also caught off guard and not really prepared for delivery. Can I just bring a cashier's check for my final payment at delivery? Can I also purchase a mobile charger at the Fremont factory delivery location?
1716772877657.jpeg

Have 2 questions for delivery as this is my first Tesla:
  1. I understand from the agreement you have 3 days to pick up before they give away your Vin. Does Tesla reach out via text for the first possible delivery date, and from there you can push it out up to 2 subsequent days? I have a trip coming up and thankfully it ends before the delivery date range, but I hear tesla can randomly schedule it way earlier for delivery.
  2. Can you propose the time for the date of delivery, or are you locked into a specific time at the choosing of the service center?

Have 2 questions for delivery as this is my first Tesla:
  1. I understand from the agreement you have 3 days to pick up before they give away your Vin. Does Tesla reach out via text for the first possible delivery date, and from there you can push it out up to 2 subsequent days? I have a trip coming up and thankfully it ends before the delivery date range, but I hear tesla can randomly schedule it way earlier for delivery.
  2. Can you propose the time for the date of delivery, or are you locked into a specific time at the choosing of the service center?

They have delivery slots which are both date and time. when you get the text to schedule (see the post a couple posts above from @YForMeee for an example), you should be able to reply to that text and say " that time doesnt work, but do you have an appointment slot at (insert time within 3-4 days at the time you would like)?

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Leoshi
In the past two days I’ve received 3 notification texts from Tesla and none of them have been VINs 🤣 Get my hopes up every time lol
In my case I got my vin showing in the app several hours before I received a text about it from Tesla. You'll just need to do what we all do on a constant basis = check the app on a frequency that doesn't drive you nutz. For me I checked it every 15 minutes or so every waking hour of the day after vin's started to go out which was about a week or so ago. My vin number came in at 4am yesterday.

In my case I got my vin showing in the app several hours before I received a text about it from Tesla. You'll just need to do what we all do on a constant basis = check the app on a frequency that doesn't drive you nutz. For me I checked it every 15 minutes or so every waking hour of the day after vin's started to go out which was about a week or so ago. My vin number came in at 4am yesterday.
That’s what I heard so I’ve been refreshing frequently. Kind of comical to receive a text when I’ve found a break from refreshing the app lol. As long as I get a VIN by the 3rd and my EDD isnt pushed again, I have no complaints of the waiting game.

Reactions: jv92red
Does anyone know what cell is in M3P? I don't think is 4680, I just don't know if it is 18650 or 21700. THX!

Im not an expert on this topic by any means, but the 4680s are currently only in a few model Ys and in the cybertruck. The 186XX are in the older S and X and the 21XX are in 3s and Ys (except for the few 4680 Ys that were sold, as I mentioned). I am fairly sure thats correct, but someone will correct me if thats wrong.

Reactions: JezzaE and DW3434
Have we had a solid draggy run on a warm battery on a 100% SOC on a good road? I might order one on Amazon and have it ready to go. It seems like we don't have solid data yet. Thread moves fast, maybe I missed it.
I think two people ran an 11 flat and another member is getting a jockey (110lb) to give it a shot. One was in the rain the other not sure. I’m going to order a draggy before my order comes in and also give a try but I’m sure plenty others will log runs in the next two weeks.

Reactions: Jakub1