Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same feeling somewhat. Loving the white seats (have them for about 4,5 years now in my 2019 M3P), and was planning to order them again in my next config, but the combo with Ultra Red isn't that great as I thought. Like you said, too much going on, and the white seats distract from the awesome Ultra Red exterior. I saw a LR Ultra Red with white interior almost next to a with black interior, and the one with black was the better combo.

Still in doubt sometimes, because the white sport seats are looking great up close. But the door inlays are too big, and if you zoom out and get the Ultra Red in the same view, it makes less sense. I would take the white seats with every other exterior color.
Yes black interior is much more sporty this time around

The most interesting thing about this thread is the people who will buy a performance model of a car and have no idea what summer tires are.
Or we live in a climate where summer tires are not a thing ☀️ Southern CA here…🙋🏻‍♀️
I have heard other people speak of these summer tires you mention thou.

Reactions: jv92red and jiren
I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.
If they aren't transparent about why the previous person rejected the car, I would just bring in a delivery checklist (can be found on this forum) and do a thorough walk through. Take your time and you'll probably spot the issue. It's also possible that delivery was rejected for a reason other than for a quality reason but for me, I would assume the worst if they are tight lipped about it.

Shoot, even if they told me they rejected it for some other reason like financing, I would STILL do a thorough walk through and check everything on that car.

I’m trying to get my friend to feel confident to run it, she’s 5’6” 107 lol
I have lost 11 lbs this week and 12 more lbs to go before I get my car.😳

If I have to I will pull out the 100 lb Jockey 🏇I have lined up to drive.😉

IMG_6095.png

Yes black interior is much more sporty this time around
Agreed. I went White interior but from the pictures of the black interior with the Alcantara door cards and Alcantara on the bolsters front and back, Tesla did well designing this interior and differentiating it from the regular black interior in the SR and LR Highland 3. You can't go wrong with either interior color, and with any of the exterior colors for that matter.

If they aren't transparent about why the previous person rejected the car, I would just bring in a delivery checklist (can be found on this forum) and do a thorough walk through. Take your time and you'll probably spot the issue. It's also possible that delivery was rejected for a reason other than for a quality reason but for me, I would assume the worst if they are tight lipped about it.

Shoot, even if they told me they rejected it for some other reason like financing, I would STILL do a thorough walk through and check everything on that car.
I wouldn’t assume it’s a rejected delivery. More than likely Tesla has certain May delivery and revenue targets they want to hit and they are playing catch up. Congrats.

Hey gang. I did trade in and financing at order through APP hoping it would speed things.

The trade in expired and I opted not to do it so changed I. App.

My financing was approved through June but now of course no trade in so my question is (if anyone knows) will I have to re-apply now?
Everyone gets that message, it's because the Ultra Sonic Sensors are gone. You just got your normal VIN. Congrats.

Reactions: bolduser31
for my SoCal peeps where are you all going when it’s time to wash and detail? i’m looking for a good place. and also is there a normal model 3 performance form that we graduate to after delivery?
We use a car wash guy who comes to the house — not sure if that’s an option for you. Otherwise I’d find a hand wash place. (I’ve never liked taking any of my cars through drive thru / brush washes).

Reactions: jv92red and jiren