Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally took delivery and drove over 200 miles with my SG/white M3P (plus had a supercharging stop), and it was SO worth the wait. here's my impressions so far:

pros:
- acceleration is silly fun and never gets old.
- handling and suspension are fantastic. The ride is leaps and bounds better than the pre-refresh M3P. steering is very precise with lots of customization for dynamics.
- Tesla nailed the performance seats. they are sooooo good.
- not a single panel gap or alignment issue anywhere on the car. build quality feels vastly improved overall. everything works as expected!
- the white interior is stellar.
- sound system is the best in its class.
- the delivery center was busy but I was still in and out in 15 minutes.

cons:
- car had 26 miles on the odometer at delivery and autopilot was already calibrated.
- only had 58% state of charge when delivered.
- at around 100 miles, a mysterious buzzing sound started from the dashboard/speaker array but went away. will monitor this.
- the glovebox is hilariously small with a narrow opening.
- wish the seats went lower to the floor. I feel like I sit too high and I'm only 5'9". YMMV.
- the ventilated/cooled function is just alright. the max setting is the only one I could actually feel.
- the windshield glare from the silver trim along the ambient lighting is distracting and right in my line of sight. gonna get a dash mat to see if that helps.
- no brightness levels to the ambient lighting.

all in all, what a relief to finally have my car. I truly couldn't be happier and can't wait for everyone else to experience this. pictures to come after tints and ceramic 😁
hopefully they fix the brightness levels with an update

Interesting he says they had to talk to the manager about a test drive since someone else on here test drove that one and I got lucky in springs
Yeah, both I and @normcaldwell test drove that one (Norm found it first!). When I did it there was only one SA working, and he was super cool (also probably overwhelmed because there were other customers there trying to get some of his time). Just let me take it, no issues.

My EDD pulled forward from end of June to now current day to June 9. 4/25 order for SG/Black. Hope this means something is very imminent.

Also, someone I knew picked up a Model Y on Sunday and they said that there were 65 other people picking up their Y at 4PM due to the 0.99% APR deal going on. I imagine they are prioritizing those first.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and KGinCO
First off - congrats!!!!

But I am rather surprised about the above. I could swear I read somewhere the the intensity of the lighting was adjustable. Perhaps I am thinking of a review of a different vehicle, but that does surprise me still. Perhaps a possible feature for future OTA?

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. Now... BRING ON THE PICS! :)
Thank you so much! I figured out this morning that adjusting the screen brightness also changes the ambient lighting brightness, but I didn't see a way to independently adjust it on its own. Agreed that hopefully Tesla will include that in a future update.

My insurance company is saying my VIN is not valid. Anyone else having this issue?

Pretty normal early on I think. I have Progressive and I warned them that my VIN is probably not going to come up in their system. She called back and said I was right: VIN is unrecognized but she said no problem as the underwriters could handle that. She quoted me about $11/mo more than my 2021 Model 3 LR.

• Helpful
Reactions: JezzaE and P-Lo801
I finally took delivery and drove over 200 miles with my SG/white M3P (plus had a supercharging stop), and it was SO worth the wait. here's my impressions so far:

pros:
- handling and suspension are fantastic. The ride is leaps and bounds better than the pre-refresh M3P. steering is very precise with lots of customization for dynamics.
- not a single panel gap or alignment issue anywhere on the car. build quality feels vastly improved overall. everything works as expected!

cons:
- car had 26 miles on the odometer at delivery and autopilot was already calibrated.
- only had 58% state of charge when delivered.
- at around 100 miles, a mysterious buzzing sound started from the dashboard/speaker array but went away. will monitor this.
- the glovebox is hilariously small with a narrow opening.
- wish the seats went lower to the floor. I feel like I sit too high and I'm only 5'9". YMMV.
- the ventilated/cooled function is just alright. the max setting is the only one I could actually feel.
- the windshield glare from the silver trim along the ambient lighting is distracting and right in my line of sight. gonna get a dash mat to see if that helps.
- no brightness levels to the ambient lighting.

all in all, what a relief to finally have my car. I truly couldn't be happier and can't wait for everyone else to experience this. pictures to come after tints and ceramic 😁
@brownbear had dashboard buzzing issues too

The only way to get all that information, including the "born on" date, is from a sales advisor that is willing to provide it all.
I just added my car to TeslaFi and they can see my order. I'm wondering if they will get that kind of information through the API before I take delivery?
I see over 336...
I restored it, someone deleted it. Please PM me if you see issues.

Attachments

• 20240528_111848.png
    20240528_111848.png
    89 KB · Views: 6
@brownbear had dashboard buzzing issues too
I just saw this!

Any one else who took delivery have any build/panel issues with their car?! 👀

pros:
@eeeric Thanks for this!!

back to normal now BUT if anyone wants to sort the sheet, please make a copy
When you filter it should prompt you and ask if you want to be the only one seeing the results or for everyone. Obviously people should only pick the "only me" option, but given how 50% of our society has ADD, that just doesn't happen. Making copies? Your asking people to expend 5 additional calories to do this, it will never happen.