Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once the MY deliveries ramp down and Juniper is announced, I hope there is a "grace" period where no deliveries take place and our M3P get prioritized and pumped out. Last time I checked in our showroom they were doing several dozen deliveries of MY. Until then a 4/23 order can come in November for all we know while a late May order can get a vin a few days later and delivery next week.

On a side note, it looks like almost 50% of all day one orders have been assigned VINs, with 10% of the unassigned VIN ones having an EDD potentially in August. Does it suck? Yeah it does, but it beats waiting months and paying 10k-15k+ over MSRP as opposed to the conventional way.

Anything can happen, I'm OG 4/23 order and went from EDD this week to July - August.
I think I have come to the conclusion (as others have) that EDD means absolutely nothing. I ordered 4/23 in the evening, SG/black and Midwest state. EDD went May -> May-June -> June -> July 3- Aug 14 -> May 30-June 13 -> July 15-Aug 19. Makes absolutely no sense why it would range this much. I also saw someone get a VIN who ordered my same config on the same day just earlier in the morning. Also have seen 2-3 people get VINs who orders DAYS after me (although, diff configs) at a location 2 hours away from me. I swear they are just picking these VINS out of a hat and auto assigning them to people at this point.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Anything can happen, I'm OG 4/23 order and went from EDD this week to July - August.
Just curious.... what method of coping are you using? I went from EDD 5/30-6/13 to 7/15-8/19 a couple days ago. Trying not to take it too serious, but easier said than done. I just keep telling myself that I will be one of those people who get their EDD pushed out further and then end up getting a VIN shortly after, but as each day goes by without a VIN, I am starting to realize that's not the case for me lmao.

I think I have come to the conclusion (as others have) that EDD means absolutely nothing. I ordered 4/23 in the evening, SG/black and Midwest state. EDD went May -> May-June -> June -> July 3- Aug 14 -> May 30-June 13 -> July 15-Aug 19. Makes absolutely no sense why it would range this much. I also saw someone get a VIN who ordered my same config on the same day just earlier in the morning. Also have seen 2-3 people get VINs who orders DAYS after me (although, diff configs) at a location 2 hours away from me. I swear they are just picking these VINS out of a hat and auto assigning them to people at this point.
Are you from Chicagoland area? My EDD have been exactly the same as yours. The only thing I did was changed the "default" pick up location as it was over an hour and a half away from me to a smaller location. The "default" location in this region looks like every OG 4/23 order obtained theirs from them :rolleyes:

It's all speculation but I'm sure there is some algorithm they use that's most efficient/cost effective for them and not necessarily best/soonest for the customer. Like perhaps they wait until there is some threshold number of orders for a particular transit route before producing those.

Just curious.... what method of coping are you using? I went from EDD 5/30-6/13 to 7/15-8/19 a couple days ago. Trying not to take it too serious, but easier said than done. I just keep telling myself that I will be one of those people who get their EDD pushed out further and then end up getting a VIN shortly after, but as each day goes by without a VIN, I am starting to realize that's not the case for me lmao.
I was just like you. Went from 5/xx - 6/xx to Jul 6 - Aug 10 now just updated a couple of days ago to Jun 7 - Jun 21. I don't think the EDDs are accurate what so ever. I'm sure my EDD will get pushed out another month after it hits Jun 7.

The "I never ordered one and what's a M3P" method. The significant other kept getting fed up with me telling her how other people are getting VINs. I went from checking the app several times a day to a few times a week and staying off the tracker.

I finally took delivery and drove over 200 miles with my SG/white M3P (plus had a supercharging stop), and it was SO worth the wait. here's my impressions so far:

pros:
- acceleration is silly fun and never gets old.
- handling and suspension are fantastic. The ride is leaps and bounds better than the pre-refresh M3P. steering is very precise with lots of customization for dynamics.
- Tesla nailed the performance seats. they are sooooo good.
- not a single panel gap or alignment issue anywhere on the car. build quality feels vastly improved overall. everything works as expected!
- the white interior is stellar.
- sound system is the best in its class.
- the delivery center was busy but I was still in and out in 15 minutes.

cons:
- car had 26 miles on the odometer at delivery and autopilot was already calibrated.
- only had 58% state of charge when delivered.
- at around 100 miles, a mysterious buzzing sound started from the dashboard/speaker array but went away. will monitor this.
- the glovebox is hilariously small with a narrow opening.
- wish the seats went lower to the floor. I feel like I sit too high and I'm only 5'9". YMMV.
- the ventilated/cooled function is just alright. the max setting is the only one I could actually feel.
- the windshield glare from the silver trim along the ambient lighting is distracting and right in my line of sight. gonna get a dash mat to see if that helps.
- no brightness levels to the ambient lighting.

all in all, what a relief to finally have my car. I truly couldn't be happier and can't wait for everyone else to experience this. pictures to come after tints and ceramic 😁
Great feedback. I am mainly curious about the difference in suspension feel. You're the first I've noticed that indicated it should be an improvement

Reactions: eeeric
The "I never ordered one and what's a M3P" method. The significant other kept getting fed up with me telling her how other people are getting VINs. I went from checking the app several times a day to a few times a week and staying off the tracker.
I applaud your efforts. I tried to reduce checking this thread/tracker/app, but have failed horribly. I keep telling myself.... you'll get your vin when you get your vin, nothing can change that. Then about 10 minutes later I refresh the APP, check this site, and review the tracker and get 10x more depressed when I see another person who ordered 3 weeks after me get a VIN. Then it's rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Spye007
I applaud your efforts. I tried to reduce checking this thread/tracker/app, but have failed horribly. I keep telling myself.... you'll get your vin when you get your vin, nothing can change that. Then about 10 minutes later I refresh the APP, check this site, and review the tracker and get 10x more depressed when I see another person who ordered 3 weeks after me get a VIN. Then it's rinse and repeat.
After entering the EDD window twice and it getting pushed both times, I let go of the expectation of getting the car before mid-june at the earliest. Still check the app and forums out of habit, but setting an expectation in the distant future and just focusing on other more important things in life tends to do the trick

But the app says that you have to purchase the insurance and have the VIN showing on the documentation.
Is that a NY requirement? This might be a state specific thing, but in CA you only need to secure insurance for the car within 30 days of taking delivery. The app only asks for proof of your current auto insurance policy. Not that you have secured auto insurance on this new, yet to be delivered M3P car.
I uploaded my current auto insurance proof/doc which has the name of my current auto insurance company, the policy number, and the expiration date.

Just wanted to say I hate you people getting your Performances while I’m still waiting for the LR I ordered on 2/3. But I hope you enjoy your deliveries all the same.
Why don't you switch and come over to our side? You know you want to....
Emperor_Sidious.png

Great feedback. I am mainly curious about the difference in suspension feel. You're the first I've noticed that indicated it should be an improvement
Thanks. I've only driven in the Sport setting so far and it's very impressive. Haven't tried Standard yet which I imagine is more tuned for comfort, so I'm going to play around with different combinations to see how it changes the vehicle dynamics overall.

Reactions: Sandee3 and Jangy