Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noooo, why, Tesla? Mine also moved and is currently "May 31 - June 12". I have a feeling it will change to later as well.

If that's the case, then maybe I would get some time back instead of constantly refreshing the app. 😂

But yeah, never trust EDDs!
This, I'd rather it move out if there is no chance so as not to be constantly on edge. Unfortunately I also don't trust the date won't snap back so I still keep checking all the time but it's a bit less stressful.

Reactions: xianking
So is there any benefit to messaging the SA in the APP to see if they know any details prior to VIN? Or is it completely useless.

4/23 order here. Midwest state. Sg/black. Was 5/30-6/13 and then randomly beginning of this week got pushed to 7/14-8/19. Meanwhile seeing tons of people getting vins who ordered way later than me (not even just near Fremont anymore). Getting more and more difficult to stay positive lol.

Reactions: blinkme323
Update for all east coast day one orders, train made it to NJ and trucking to MA expected early to mid next week. If wondering SA can ping the car location in their system.
How did you get in touch with the SA? Did you text or use the app? I'm in CT and have been messaging through the app about updates on when it'll be here but I get nothing out of them, even when I mentioned I might not be able to pick it up because I'm leaving for vacation soon.

Reactions: HackingLZ
It's always going to be EDD + Location based on the logistics of moving cars from West coast to East along with storage at each localized delivery spot.
How did you get in touch with the SA? Did you text or use the app? I'm in CT and have been messaging through the app about updates on when it'll be here but I get nothing out of them, even when I mentioned I might not be able to pick it up because I'm leaving for vacation soon.
Im in the same spot pickup in NY my window is 9th to 16th and im on vacation first half of week

So is there any benefit to messaging the SA in the APP to see if they know any details prior to VIN? Or is it completely useless.

4/23 order here. Midwest state. Sg/black. Was 5/30-6/13 and then randomly beginning of this week got pushed to 7/14-8/19. Meanwhile seeing tons of people getting vins who ordered way later than me (not even just near Fremont anymore). Getting more and more difficult to stay positive lol.
If it helps at all, I was on "Aug 1 - Sep 12" EDD for a whole week and it sucked. Then it got pulled back to what I have now. The whole system is really unpredictable. I think you'll get a sooner date than that.

This is helpful and overkill at the same time. I can't tell if I’m turned on or turned off. He suggests using your finger to measure panel gaps, but it would be so much more entertaining to see someone pull out a protractor.

The list of things to bring is the most helpful part.

I mean, I have never used a chart like that, and pulling out a multi page checklist in front of a Tesla delivery agent sort of screams "i am going to be a problem" from a customer service perspective (which is one of the reasons I have never done it), but some people really like them.

I like to look over checklists like that before hand though, and see the types of things on there, and if anything on it is different than what I would spot check on the vehicle when I am there.

Reactions: arkhos and oreobbq

If you look at the other posts in this thread from @Raechris , its fairly obvious that they either have an EXTREMELY supportive SA (which is possible but unlikely for them to be giving that much info to one person), A friend who works for Tesla who has access to that information, or works for Tesla themselves.

People should not expect to be able to get all the information that @Raechris is posting, it would probably just be best to absorb whatever information they are posting and process it internally however you want to.

FWIW, my EDD sat at 7/16 - 8/27 for 2 full weeks before moving to 6/15 - 6/22 with VIN. Keep the Faith!

Finally .. it just took a visit to SC and speak to a very nice SA, because they are very busy with MY orders and delivery … @whoosierdaddy i guess I am getting first, unless you already got yours 😜
IMG_1527.png

FWIW, my EDD sat at 7/16 - 8/27 for 2 full weeks before moving to 6/15 - 6/22 with VIN. Keep the Faith!
Ugh okay thanks lol. Deep down I know EDD doesn’t mean much but it still doesn’t make it easier when you’re excited especially when you start to see people close to you who ordered after you getting VINs and you’re like what the heck!!! I just need to accept the fact that it’ll happen when it happens and I can’t change that

Reactions: jv92red
I'm on the fence about this, with the same thought you have with a rock that does go through still looks bad and there is no way to fix it. Though was considering to at least do PPF on the rocker panels and at the bottom hip flair point just to give some protection against self induced rock throwing. I have a friend with an older M3P and his rocker panels paint is just destroyed.
I have run Mud Faps (aggressive ones by Rally Armor) on all of my Model 3s for the same reason. My '21 was getting dinged up. Its a big part of why I dumped it