Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this one out there in El Paso…
IMG_3973.jpeg

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
We’ll see how you feel if your June 7 gets bounced back a month bruh, but I guess you got your VIN you smug sob
Yup got my VIN, got an appointment for noon on the 7th, still driving my old 2023 MYP, paying cash but not until the very last minute! Not smug just older and wiser…and my mother is an absolutely amazing woman!

Most people do not care enough to pay for ppf, and will be fine with touch up paint. Ceramic coatings do not belong in the same convo and it’s better to think of them as semi-permanent wax.

Reasons to get ppf:
  • Change up the look. Besides stealth/satin, there are also color infused ppf options now so you don’t have to opt for weak vinyl to change the color.
  • A film is the only real protection against road debris.
  • Washing the car is a breeze. It’s fast and you don’t have to worry about proper wash technique. Rinseless washes are easy.
What ppf will not do:
  • Make your car invincible. You still need to give trucks and commercial vehicles a wide berth.
  • Doesn’t really add any value for a car dealer.
  • Make financial sense. The ev market is a mess tbh and this car along with your pricey ppf will depreciate just like all previous teslas.
Anyway, if I get this car ppf will be one of the first things I do.
totally agree with the "will not do list" it only makes the owner "feel better" zero added value in any sense.

Reactions: Gasaraki
It's FUD that CA orders are getting VINs sooner. Folks in other states with order dates into deeper into May are getting VINs faster than us.

Our VINs here appear to be just in time with maybe a week's notice at best. We have to wait for an M3P to fall off a truck headed to the east coast and hope it matches our spec.

My Credit Union isn’t supported by plaid. Do you know if you can just bring a cashiers check to the delivery day without any issues or delays? My SA hasn’t responded
Depends on whether your state is one that allows Tesla direct sales or not. If it is (your state allows tesla direct sales) then yes. If your state is NOT one that allows tesla direct sales, you likely have to pay in advance before you pick up your car (because Tesla gets around direct sales bans by selling you the car in CA then SHIPPING it to you, if you are in a place that Tesla is not allowed to sell direct.

Since "WI" appears on that list, and also is typed under your name, you need to talk to your SA about what you need to do.