Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s hear it from all my release day orders without a VIN still! I totally don’t want a VIN. Def don’t want the best valued for performance car available. I love driving my 0-60 8 second car.

TLDR: Tesla hates me

Based on the tracker, 66% of orders on 4/23 have gotten VINs w/ my rough math.
33% haven't. I am the 33%. LOL.

white/black ordered 04/23 in TX. No VIN. June 1-15th estimate.
I’ve order the same configuration as you and have received my VIN as well. I’m located in Houston. Here is my info to add as a data point:

OD: 4/23
VIN issued: 5/24
EDD: June 2nd-June 11th

I actually spoke to a SA today and she told me the car is currently in transport. Current location was Mesquite,TX (4 hours away from Houston). Let’s see when my delivery date will be.

@ayoo25
Lucky for you, Congratulations.

Im in the woodlands area. How do you get in contact with someone to ask about these things? Is it not available to me as I have not had the VIN yet?
Once you get connected with a SA (through the phone center, not the showroom), ask for their direct line. My SA gave it to me, along with his weekly work schedule and I can call him any time to ask questions and see what's going on. If he doesn't pick up, then he's on the other line. I call back a few minutes later and he picks up. :)

Finally here.. raining day so I couldn’t really test it but it is so nice so far

1717281346682.png
1717281392596.png

@ayoo25
Lucky for you, Congratulations.

Im in the woodlands area. How do you get in contact with someone to ask about these things? Is it not available to me as I have not had the VIN yet?

It was accidental really. I currently have a Civic Type R and wanted to see how much Tesla would give me for it. I put in the VIN for the Type R online and they gave me an estimate. Once that was done, a SA called me. I told her no to trading in the car since Tesla was not offering enough but I did ask her if she had information on my M3P. She was kind enough to look it up for me and give me the details.

Perhaps spoke with a Tesla advisor at the store last Thursday and he said cars on its way, delivery at Jacksonville for the 4th, but my center showed the 6th, and a need-by date of the 7th. I imagine yours is on the same shipment, fingers crossed.

Thanks. That's certainly possible. I texted them through the app on 5/28 though and got a response about an hour later: they said my car was due at the local SC the next day (5/29) and that I "will be able to schedule delivery on 6/2". Tomorrow is 6/2 and I expect I still won't hear from them and the date will just shift another day again: 6/2 - 6/9. If so, I'll call the SC on Monday and see if I can speak with anyone who truly knows what is going on.

So looks like a bunch of white VINS going out again. How long until we suspect black interior VINs come again?
No one knows, but it's been almost all black interior for 5-6 days, so maybe that long? I bet the white interior run will be shorter though since there are less demand for it.

It's also not guaranteed to be a white interior run since we still see a couple of black interior VINs here and there.

Looks like I'm the only Floridian with a 12152 order number. I guess it's also possible that they weren't blowing smoke up my bombay when they said it was arriving 5/29: maybe mine got built early enough that it got stuffed in the back of a Model Y shipment or something. Or... they were just mistaken and mine is indeed on that 6/4 - 6/6 shipment. Maybe I'll find out Monday if I can find someone at the local SC who is willing to check on it over the phone.

Looks like I'm the only Floridian with a 12152 order number. I guess it's also possible that they weren't blowing smoke up my bombay when they said it was arriving 5/29: maybe mine got built early enough that it got stuffed in the back of a Model Y shipment or something. Or... they were just mistaken and mine is indeed on that 6/4 - 6/6 shipment. Maybe I'll find out Monday if I can find someone at the local SC who is willing to check on it over the phone.
I really don’t understand how you haven’t headed to the local place and find out what the heck is going on. Is it far from you? To be stuck in an eternal back slide has got to be frustrating. Raise some hell!!

Reactions: Sandee3